Ratings for Dr. Bowen D Miles

Do your research before going here. Does not pay attention to fine details.

flag | Submitted January 25, 2017

There is some staff here that are a little less friendly. Sometimes the way Dr.Miles speaks to his staff and patients comes accross a little harsh. We all have off days but when paying for a service I feel it's important to be valued as without patients you don't have a practice. I appreciate the opportunity to have orthodontics without these expertise I would not have the opportunity to fix my teeth and bite. I have to say that I have a expectation of how I want my teeth to be and I am picky but so are alot of people. It's okay to know what you are wanting done, and having stated my expectations from the consult. Dr.Miles is set in his way on what he thinks the outcome should be. Instead of having a open mind that there are other ethical ways to fix a issue, its one way and that's it. If he doesn't agree you can not get him to budge or see what you see. Even if you ask other professionals what other solutions are there to fixing the issue and make a suggestion he's not open to seeing that it's still ethical and a good solution. I know that he has great skills but being open minded so you can have more then one ethical proper solution is important then you can outcomes and ways to overcome obstacles. There are more then one way always to fix a problem. I am happy with alot of things they have done for me but there are a few things I am not happy about. If you don't agree with him on any parts of the treatment it's not easy to communicate this to him without feeling like your being a inconvenience to this office. Its challenging to talk to him because of how you hear him speak to others. I dont think its intentional however this makes it uncomfortable to deal with him and when you are a sensitive kind person like me I freeze up. I am human and sometimes don't communicate perfect either. We all interpret things differently and communicate differently and it's important to see that. Finding a good outcome that is agreeable and correct is important to me. I have done alot of research to the problem we are facing and there are other ethical ways to correct the issue at hand and obtaining a proper outcome but he has to want to see that without thinking I don't value his expertise. I get what he is saying to. Just the open-mindedness would help come to a solution that we are both happy with . The other things is I would have had different expectations at the consult, if I was told at the consult my teeth would have this issue. Communication is key. I have to say that my case has been more challenging then others and I very much appreciate the extra work they have put in. I just want to share my experience and thoughts on this clinic so that it can get better . We all have things to improve on in life. I am a kind person and want everyone to be happy! It's been hard to write this out because it's important for me to say things in a kind mindful way. I truly appreciate the time and energy put into this.

flag | Submitted January 20, 2017

Staff aren't very polite . I wouldn't recommend this office.

flag | Submitted November 2, 2016

Happy with how things have been handle. Thank you Dr Miles and staff

flag | Submitted October 4, 2016

This Dr does not listen to your concerns. Going in I wanted straight teeth by the time my tx is done. He doesn't listen to concerns. He also gets very cranky of you tried to talk to him. Go elsewhere

flag | Submitted October 3, 2016

They do not tell you at the time that the cost for replacing the retainer would be $350, only that there's a 'cost'. I think this is deliberate. I overheard the assistant going over the retainer info with another patient where again she neglected to mention the exact amount.

flag | Submitted September 16, 2016

I am a patient with this place, and want to tell everyone to first research carefully before entering and orthodontist. This practice is not worth your time or your money. They are nice to you until then get all of your money and then you become nothing. They don't care. They also take more then other practices. Going there is like going to a fast food restaurant, there is no class, you come then do their things and you are out. But first you'll wait and wait until your turn then you'll be called in and wait some more. I hope people will pay attention to the many bad reviews about this place. So they can make the right choice. Because if you are like me you will dislike every visit and wonder why in the world you choose this place...

flag | Submitted September 6, 2016

Dr. Miles is amazing, he always takes the time to answer all of the questions I have. He has no problem explaining why something can or cannot be done. I have had 2 sets of braces in the past and he is the only one to attempt to correct the real issues with my bite.

flag | Submitted August 11, 2016

If I could give this practice a zero I would! Go anywhere but here!!! Absolutely horrible

flag | Submitted May 18, 2016

I agree with the other comments. Doctor Miles runs a terrible practice. You should see how he speaks to his staff! After witnessing how rude and demeaning he is to them, I no longer feel comfortable leaving my child alone during appointments . As well, appointments are constintly scheduled wrong, run for WAY longer than scheduled, and we always spend a lot of time in the waiting room. The older lady upfront has on numerous occasions told us we could get in early, and than we have been left sitting in the waiting room more often than not past our original appointment time! I understand that you cannot always see my child early but at least be honest! Id prefer to have her say no, than to sit and wait for over an hour! My time is valuable, and Doctor Mile's clinic seems to have no respect or concern for that. I will not be taking my other children here. And I'm thinking of switching mid treatment. Thank god the girls in the back are mostly fantastic. We love Adrienne and Coralyn. And while Dr. Miles does know his stuff, it's everything else that makes his practise suffer. It's really too bad too! It has potential.

flag | Submitted April 9, 2016