Ratings for Dr. Bowen D Miles

flag | Submitted May 18, 2016

I agree with the other comments. Doctor Miles runs a terrible practice. You should see how he speaks to his staff! After witnessing how rude and demeaning he is to them, I no longer feel comfortable leaving my child alone during appointments . As well, appointments are constintly scheduled wrong, run for WAY longer than scheduled, and we always spend a lot of time in the waiting room. The older lady upfront has on numerous occasions told us we could get in early, and than we have been left sitting in the waiting room more often than not past our original appointment time! I understand that you cannot always see my child early but at least be honest! Id prefer to have her say no, than to sit and wait for over an hour! My time is valuable, and Doctor Mile's clinic seems to have no respect or concern for that. I will not be taking my other children here. And I'm thinking of switching mid treatment. Thank god the girls in the back are mostly fantastic. We love Adrienne and Coralyn. And while Dr. Miles does know his stuff, it's everything else that makes his practise suffer. It's really too bad too! It has potential.

flag | Submitted April 9, 2016

I went in for a consult recently and this place is TERRIBLE!! The women at the front are u proffesional and rude, it looked like the younger one hadnet even brushed her hair and the older lady was more concerned about talking to her "grand babies" ️️than greeting anyone at the door. Doctor Miles is arrogant and has zero beside manor. Plus, the place looked dirty and worn down. I'd never recommend or go back! There are lots of place's to go for good orthodontic work, and for the money I would be paying, I don't want to spend 2 plus years feeling like he's doing me a favour. Embarrassing.

flag | Submitted March 31, 2016

Dr. Miles has a good knowledge of his job but comes across as arrogant and is more interested in telling you what he knows rather than actually listening and talking about the things his patients want to know. I have felt uncomfortable there because of the degrading way he treats his staff. He shows no understanding towards them and no patience. I am considering leaving.

flag | Submitted September 16, 2015

flag | Submitted August 21, 2015

I have had braces twice before, not once did the orthodontist's acknowledge the wide mandibular arch or the narrow maxillary arch. My bite has always been "uncomfortable" because of the alignment of my teeth which has caused severe bruxism. Dr. Miles addressed this problem straight away. I can't wait to finally have a comfortable bite and great smile.

flag | Submitted August 18, 2015

flag | Submitted May 22, 2015

flag | Submitted April 25, 2015

Reading some of these comments, it seems like some people are seeing a different doctor than I am. I find Dr. Miles to be a very nice and very knowledgeable. He is very detail oriented and thorough. My treatment is coming a long very nicely. When I had a problem with one of my brackets, they were very accommodating and quick to get back to me. If I ask questions they try to give me the best answer they can.

flag | Submitted January 30, 2015

I would never recommend this office to anyone. Like other people are saying, they do not pay attention to your concerns and Dr. Miles acts like he doesn't have time for you. I was a transfer patient so most of the initial work was already done but I still had to pay close to full price and all they did in two years was make 3 adjustments and tell me to wear my elastics. Sometimes I waited 30-40 minutes in the waiting room for a 5 minute appointment because they were behind or didn't book their appointments correctly. One time Dr. Miles asked me if I wanted my braces off when I had a completely shift back tooth and I couldn't even bite my front teeth together. I was shocked that he would ask me, because he is suppose to be the professional.Another time when I tried to tell them that Dr.Miles sanded off part of tongue and got metal in my nose because he didn't give me a mask, and all the receptionist did was say "OK, I will let him know, sorry about that" and that is it! She didn't do anything and I was so upset because I had to leave work that day because I literally couldn't move my tongue from the pain. No one ever followed up with it or offered a solution to help with the pain. The worst part though is that every time I asked questions about my treatment or voiced concerns they would give vague answers and leave me feeling unsure. It got to the point where I had to escalate my concerns over the phone just to try and get some answers, but that didn't help either, the staff chose to interrupt me and argue with me instead of listen and make me feel better about my treatment. After that, everyone in the office treated me with disrespect. This is when I realized that the staff must be so defensive because they are use to these types of interactions with clients. Overall, very poor customer service and understanding from the staff and especially from Dr. Miles. I chose to end my treatment early because of the disrespect and abrasiveness from the staff each time I go in there. Dr. Miles really needs to build of a proper culture at the Smile Spot and teach his staff to be more understanding and customer friendly. I could have referred hundreds of people in my lifetime but instead I will not refer a single one.

Submitted November 18, 2014

Dr. Bowen D Miles's Credentials

MSP/BC Med

Updates

• A new 1-star rating has been posted. "If I could give this practice a zero I would! Go anywhere but here!!! Absolutely horrible"

May 18, 2016
  • A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "I agree with the other comments. Doctor Miles runs a terrible practice. You should see how he speaks to his staff! After witnessing how rude and demeaning he i..."

April 9, 2016
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "I went in for a consult recently and this place is TERRIBLE!! The women at the front are u proffesional and rude, it looked like the younger one hadnet even bru..."

March 31, 2016
  • A new 3.2-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Miles has a good knowledge of his job but comes across as arrogant and is more interested in telling you what he knows rather than actually listening and ta..."

September 16, 2015
  • A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "I would never recommend this orthodontist. Although skilled, Dr. Miles is arrogant and very dismissive of patient concerns. "

August 21, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I have had braces twice before, not once did the orthodontist's acknowledge the wide mandibular arch or the narrow maxillary arch. My bite has always been "unco..."

August 18, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Very meticulous and great staff. Sometimes it hard to get in but that's because they are excellent but they do there best. Thank you you are amazing."

May 22, 2015
  • A new 2.8-star rating has been posted. "Arrogant. Always in a rush. Never shows concern, compassion or kindness. His staff does all the work. "

April 25, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Reading some of these comments, it seems like some people are seeing a different doctor than I am. I find Dr. Miles to be a very nice and very knowledgeable. ..."

January 30, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "I would never recommend this office to anyone. Like other people are saying, they do not pay attention to your concerns and Dr. Miles acts like he doesn't have ..."

November 18, 2014
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "The staff are very caring and helpful. Barely had to wait in waiting room. Dr. Miles knew exactly what he was doing when he did my braces. Overall, very good!"

October 18, 2014
  • A new 2.8-star rating has been posted. "I recently had braces treatment at this office and would not recommend them to anyone. Dr doesn't pay very good attention to concerns or details. Some of my tee..."

October 16, 2014
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "I am in my early 30s and recently started treatment with Dr. Miles. I had been to a few consultations with other orthodontists and I was impressed at how thor..."

October 6, 2014