Ratings for Dr. David M. Thompson

Very disappointing. Mother has gone to him for years. He just keeps prescribing more and more meds. Doesn't care about looking at what actually causes diabetes, or dealing with diet issues. Just keeps the drugs coming. Avoid this doctor. Read Grain Brain, by Dr. Perlmutter, you'll know more than Dr. Thompson does when your done, and reverse your diabetes to boot.

flag | Submitted October 30, 2015

Dr. Thompson has helped me with my thyroid condition for the past 5 years. I have seen him both an VGH and at UBC. His staff has been very kind too. I like the honesty and professionalism of Dr. Thompson. He cares about you, and he is really smart.

flag | Submitted September 2, 2015

I went to endow in Surrey that my GP referred me too and she asked me two questions then proceeded to tell me I was fine. Later in researched a few endows and found Dr Thompson and he was great. I walked in and he asked me several questions then explained everything to me. He is great

flag | Submitted September 1, 2015

Dr. Thompson is a kind and knowledgeable man who has always been very supportive and proactive in dealing with my uncontrolled diabetes. Under his care I am now stable after 5 years.

flag | Submitted August 24, 2015

Avoid at all costs. Doesn't care about his patients. Does not remember is patients. Does not properly prescribe medication.

flag | Submitted May 3, 2015

Dr. Thompson was very easy to understand and he called me back when he said he would. He took the time to explain step by step what needed to be done, medications, and why. I felt very comfortable and he was prompt and on time.

flag | Submitted February 19, 2015

Extremely knowledgeable. Compassionate, he really listens and takes time to hear all the details before making recommendations .extremely impressed that he treats by symptoms rather then just lab results. A real Healthcare provider. I have sobbed in his office and have felt very safe and respected. Such a treat to feel confident about a Healthcare professional for a change.

flag | Submitted January 7, 2015

Outstanding are in every way. Feel very fvortunat to be referred to him. Find the staff very kind and helpful.

flag | Submitted November 22, 2014

I stopped seeing dr Thompson after 2 years for my high prolactin and switched to another endocrologist. His receptionist was the rudest person I've ever seen in my life. She makes booking appointments such a pain. I can never get through booking an appointment without being shouted at for no reason. I feel rushed out the door every appointment and also 2 seperate occasions he mixed up my medication dosage. I was told verbally to take 0.5 mg of bromocripton a week but he prescibed me 1 mg a week instead. I had called and confirmed my prescription and was scolded by the receptionist because she thought it was my mistake. She then confirmed with the doctor and told me doctor had made mistake on my prescription. If my pharmicist hadn't picked up on this mistake I don't what would've happened if I had overdosed.

flag | Submitted November 20, 2014

Caring and attentive and vastly knowledgeable, Dr Thompson has successfully managed my diabetes for over 10 years.

flag | Submitted August 12, 2014