Ratings for Dr. David M. Thompson

Dr. Thompson really listens to what is going on. We have tried very many different combinations of medications to make my body work. He is very knowledgeable but he went through what was going on when I first visited him. I am so happy I was sent to him. The visits are short but after 4 years I don't need a lot of hand holding.

flag | Submitted August 26, 2017

Similar experience to previous reviewer - drove a long way to to have a consult with this highly recommended 'specialist'. Appointment last 5 mins. He appeared disinterested at best. Have Almost 4 weeks after still had no idea what my treatment plan should be despite repeated attempts to contact him through his defensive and quote rude assistant. Crazy setup. Definitely one of the worst experiences I've had.

flag | Submitted August 22, 2017

Dr. Thompson has been my endocrinologist for many years and I am so fortunate to have him treating me for my diabetes. He is compassionate, considerate, polite, very knowledgeable and punctual. I consider him to be a top-notch doctor in every respect.

flag | Submitted March 14, 2017

supportive, compassionate, and proactive. he accommodated me even at very short notice. suffering from hyperthyroidism for 4 years and only from him i got clear answers.

flag | Submitted March 13, 2017

I have been attending with Dr Thompson for over a year. He has led me out of the dark path of Diabetes. THANK YOU Dr. Thompson.

flag | Submitted March 9, 2017

Don't get to excited by this doctors ratings on here. I made that mistake! I had high hopes when I drive half way across the province to go see this goof. But because of the nature of my getting in with him(emergency) due to medications the last Endo I had put me on, this doctor never took me serious right from the first visit. One complaint of my chronic illness was doctors not listening to me when I'm talking with them. He made sure to over overemphasize a fake thinking session just to "prove a point" the nice part of me said he was being sincere and thinking it over but, he really didn't ask me enough to be thinking for the uncomfortably long and silent time he took to take a jab at me. Second visit was just as condisending! And then in one breath tells me everyone's treatments are different, then I ask him about a lower dose (because I have played with doses for years on my own) and tells me we won't do that because that doesn't works for most people. I am glad I have only wasted one tank of fuel driving to van! Looks like I will be starting the process of getting a new Endo, not going to see a doctor that gets off on treating patience like lower life forms!

flag | Submitted February 28, 2017

While Doctor Thompson might be what some people call 'medication happy', I consider him to be a great doctor. He's very kind, and I think in many situations trying out a lot of different medication can be the answer - you never know which is going to work. I personally DO NOT like taking medication at all, and would like to avoid it, but he has still made me feel like he cares about the health issues I am suffering from and that recovery is obtainable.

flag | Submitted January 25, 2017

I was referred by my GP because my a1c levels had been creeping up over the years. Key lab results last December were "wonky" so dr.thompson gave me a requisition for a whole lot of tests. They took seven vials of blood. One was for b12 which I had never had done . Well it turned out I had pernicious anemia (b12 deficiency) l thank dr Thompson for having the knowlegedge to do that test. It's not normally done in a regular blood panel. He put me on monthly b12 injections. I feel like a new person.. He cares,he listens, he ' a really nice person.. He's the best. And he knows his stuff..His receptionist is number one. By the way dr Thompson came in to his office on his days off (xmas) just to explain the results which showed I had pernicious anemia. Cool guy.

flag | Submitted September 19, 2016

Dr. Thompson has helped me with my thyroid condition for the past 5 years. I have seen him both an VGH and at UBC. His staff has been very kind too. I like the honesty and professionalism of Dr. Thompson. He cares about you, and he is really smart.

flag | Submitted September 2, 2015

I went to endow in Surrey that my GP referred me too and she asked me two questions then proceeded to tell me I was fine. Later in researched a few endows and found Dr Thompson and he was great. I walked in and he asked me several questions then explained everything to me. He is great

flag | Submitted September 1, 2015