Ratings for Dr. Jay H. Plesset

Simply put; I loooove Dr. Plesset... as a person & dentist. He's intelligent and very experienced, yet still keeps up to date w/ new knowledge/technology. After all his years of dentistry, he's still shows pride and excitement for even a simple filling because he has a genuine passion for his job. He's informative, listens, won't let you sit in pain, and always has a huge smile on his face. I initially went to him by recommendation after having 2 highly rated dentists give up at trying to numb my lower jaw. Plesset was successful the first time so has been stuck putting up with me & all my tooth drama without incident since. At least 20 visits later, my fear of the dentist is down probably 90%. I recommend him to all my close family/friends, who also love him now (and when I move, I am literally going to drive back to MD for anything dental). So if you want a superb dentist that also has great bedside manner, definitely go to Plesset...

flag | Submitted October 18, 2012

He is just a very adorable and all-knowing man, who treats every patient as a member of his own family. He is very gentle and very caring. I have never had any complications, infections or other problems with my teeth after visiting Dr. Plesset's office. Iryna B.

flag | Submitted October 15, 2012

Went there for my first time to get a check up and teeth cleaning. The staff is extremely friendly and puts you at ease during the whole process. Dr. Plesset has a TON of experience and loves to share and educate you during his examination. It definitely helps you make an informed decision about your health. I would definitely recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted May 11, 2012

Been going to Jay for years and cannot imagine going anywhere else. Caring, knowlegable, professional, detailed, personable. Staff is great as well. Maybe a little more expensive than others but you get what you pay for...

flag | Submitted November 21, 2011

I love him! He's SO passionate about his work I can't even begin to explain it. Just a great, very caring guy. Work wise; he's incredibly intelligent, has a LOT of experience, plus is EXTREMELY gentle.. putting extra extra effort to ensure everything is pain free/comfortable. He also has great communication (he will explain things and even draw them until you understand 100%). I've been to him at the least 20 times plus have family members/friends who see him and have never heard one complaint about him. The only negative thing I've heard (twice) is that that just in case, you should request that his main assistant (NOT the hygienists..they're great) doesn't do any work on you. I've heard she isn't as knowledgeable, isn't gentle to avoid pain, as well as does sloppier work. But he is an absolute perfectionist so if you need a dentist, I definitely recommend him. Anything he doesn't do (like that orthodontist stuff), he has very good references to send you to b/c of his high standards.

flag | Submitted June 29, 2009

Have gone here for years. Great dentist, personable, knowledgeable, keeps up to date. Would recommend to anyone and have done so numerous times.

flag | Submitted October 5, 2006

GREAT dentist... always provides a wealth of advice and information before any decisions. Cleanings and checkups are quick and stress-free. All of the dental assistants are top-notch. I'm pleased to have someone this good so close and in my plan!

flag | Submitted October 29, 2005

Sweet guy and very knowledgeable, but when I go to see him to get work done, instead of seeing him, I end up with his assistant (in training I gather?). She's just not good at what she does. Don't like the switch and want my work done by the physici

flag | Submitted July 29, 2004