Dr. Laurence A. Jacobs

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Laurence A. Jacobs

Dr. Jacobs is very knowledgeable and took the time with us to explain everything.

flag | Submitted May 25, 2018

Saw Dr Jacobs in my 20’s for surgery and he told me what my future held with IVF. After several attempts with another doctor due to my insurance I could never keep a pregnancy. I went back to him now in my 40’s with new advances and new tests he was only doing at the time and within a year I had my twins. I have a family now thanks to him.

flag | Submitted May 14, 2018

I just had an amazing experience that I need to share even though I rarely write reviews. I have failed three IVF attempts at RMA with a Doctor Who has little personality and little exclamation for my failed IVF attempts. I decided to see Dr. Jacobs because he has hundreds of five star reviews on the Internet , and now I see why! He was very pleasant and informative and spent time with me answering all my questions. More importantly he had several ideas for different stimulations and using egg vitamins due to my age and doing tests such as the ERA and the RECEPTIVDx to get answers for my failed implantation. He was a breath of fresh air after all our failures and he even has a great sense of humor. With my other doctor the atmosphere was like a funeral home! Do not ever be afraid to get a 2nd opinion! .

flag | Submitted May 12, 2018

Dr. Jacobs is wonderful! Our visits with him were very informative - he helped answer questions that I did not even know to ask, but were important. He was also very accessible via email in between visits, which was great!

flag | Submitted April 13, 2018

Dr. Jacobs was extremely knowledgeable, personable, and easily accessible. We could not have chosen a better doctor for our journey to expand our family. He worked with us around our religious beliefs to come up with a treatment plan designed specifically for us. He was extremely careful with monitoring and medications, and answered all our questions along the way in a timely manner. We were also impressed with how involved he is with research and development! We are so blessed to have had Dr. Jacobs as our physician to help us expand our family.

flag | Submitted April 8, 2018

Dr. Jacobs is very knowledgeable and personable and makes you feel comfortable throughout the entire process.

flag | Submitted February 8, 2018

Dr Jacobs and his entire staff make me feel comfortable and at ease at every step of the process. I would highly recommend him fto any of my friends!

flag | Submitted February 4, 2018

We had such a positive experience with Dr. Jacobs. A friend recommended him to me when I was struggling to get pregnant, and from the moment we met him, he made us feel so at ease. The time he spent with us was always so helpful and he never made us feel rushed or unimportant. I appreciate how he always encouraged me to email him with questions because it's rare for you to be able to contact a doctor directly. My husband and I both love Dr. Jacobs and would highly recommend him to anyone looking for fertility treatment.

flag | Submitted January 18, 2018

Dr. Jacobs always explains everything and allows you to feel comfortable to ask questions. He explains different options and only wants success!

flag | Submitted December 16, 2017

Overall, everything was very positive. Dr. Jacobs is sincere and straight forward in his approach.

flag | Submitted December 9, 2017

Dr. Laurence A. Jacobs's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Jacobs is a Mayo Clinic-trained Reproductive Endocrinologist and board certified in Obstetrics and Gynecology and in Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility (REI). He has been practicing medicine since 1975. He completed medical school and an Obstetrics and Gynecology residency at Northwestern University, and then went on to complete a fellowship in Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility at the Mayo Clinic in 1988. He has been honored as “Top Doctor” by the prestigious publisher Castle Connolly in all of its editions of “America’s Top Doctors” 2001-2018 (top 1 percent of specialists nationwide) and “Chicago’s Top Doctors” 2001-2018. Ladies’ Home Journal and Chicago Magazine have repeatedly chosen him as one of America’s “top infertility doctors.” Dr. Jacobs has authored numerous articles for journals, books, and newspapers. Dr. Jacobs’ own experience as a former fertility patient allows him to empathize with his patients and provide the support and encouragement needed. Dr. Jacobs is committed to providing patients with the most comprehensive care available to make their dreams of a family come true. Dr. Jacobs is the Medical Director of the Center of Excellence for Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) at Fertility Centers of Illinois.

• English

• Northwestern Univ Med Sch, Chicago Il 60611 (Grad. 1975)

• Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS)

• US News & World Report, Top Doctor