Dr. Laurence A. Jacobs

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Laurence A. Jacobs

We are very happy to have been under Dr.Jacobs care. He explained every part of the process and was always empathetic and tactful with his approach.

flag | Submitted October 24, 2018

Thank you Dr. Jacobs, you made our dream of becoming a parents come true. First IVF and it was successful just like you said. You never failed. We will be back to you for another baby :)

flag | Submitted September 26, 2018

It is a very pleasant experience with Dr. Jacobs and his entire team. Very very detail oriented and efficient in what they are doing. Dr Jacobs takes personal interest into his every patient. I got really friendly feeling from Dr and his team which made my IVF journey very pleasant and successful. I would recommend Dr. Jacobs to everyone who is looking for fertility help.

flag | Submitted September 1, 2018

Dr. Jacobs was wonderful through our whole IVF journey. He is like a big teddy bear! Very easy to talk to and willing to try cutting edge procedures to get you pregnant. I am very pleased with the outcome of our treatment.

flag | Submitted August 31, 2018

Awesome Experience ! Every question was answered and dr.jacobs took a very good care from the start. I would definitely recommend everyone trying to get pregnant to see dr.jacobs. Would definitely see positive results.

flag | Submitted August 21, 2018

Dr Jacobs is very experienced on fertility cares with different ethnic individuals. We satisfied with his passion to get us a successful pregnancy. He is also experienced on PCOS. After taking care of this PCOS and his passion all of his cares make us success. His nurses are also friendly.

flag | Submitted July 24, 2018

Dr J is a seasoned doctor, he knows his stuff. We did an immense amount of research before choosing a doctor. Prior to FCI we went to NW, I would have to show up hours prior to my appointment time and sit on a floor in a hallway with 25+ women waiting for the doors to unlock. At FCI you are not just a number, this man answered all of my questions, I could email him at any time in the night and he would always respond within a few hours. IVF is anxiety provoking and Dr. J gets it, granted he is a professional in speciality, whom typically from my experience most have the brains but not the bedside manner, Dr. J is down to earth as well and can hold a conversation. We suffered loss and he was right there holding my hand getting me through this once again. My husband and I admire most is DR. Jacob's honesty. It's not about the money to this man, he is not going to sugar coat things and make you do cycle after cycle.. he is honest and tells you the problem, and the solution which in turn brings us to our child. We were not an easy case by any means, yes, I am that paranoid patient with 10,000 questions , my husband has severe male factor and I am more than likely DOR. Our baby is due in January thanks to this man!

flag | Submitted June 17, 2018

I have been a patient for the past 5 years, and have recommended Dr. Jacobs to many of my friends and family members. I will continue to do so!

flag | Submitted June 2, 2018

I had an amazing experience that I want to share. I was seeing another fertility specialist in Hoffman Estates and did IVF last December but failed. I am only 34 but had poor quality embryos and the doctor told me I needed donor egg. I was appalled and sought another opinion with Dr Jacobs. He did not give me any false hope and was very honest and upfront. He started me on a few 'egg vitamins' and discussed changing my eating habits and agreed to try a different protocol for IVF stimulation. I am now 9 weeks pregnant and very thankful that I found him.

flag | Submitted May 30, 2018

Dr. Jacobs is very knowledgeable and took the time with us to explain everything.

flag | Submitted May 25, 2018

Dr. Laurence A. Jacobs's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Jacobs is a Mayo Clinic-trained Reproductive Endocrinologist and board certified in Obstetrics and Gynecology and in Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility (REI). He has been practicing medicine since 1975. He completed medical school and an Obstetrics and Gynecology residency at Northwestern University, and then went on to complete a fellowship in Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility at the Mayo Clinic in 1988. He has been honored as “Top Doctor” by the prestigious publisher Castle Connolly in all of its editions of “America’s Top Doctors” 2001-2018 (top 1 percent of specialists nationwide) and “Chicago’s Top Doctors” 2001-2018. Ladies’ Home Journal and Chicago Magazine have repeatedly chosen him as one of America’s “top infertility doctors.” Dr. Jacobs has authored numerous articles for journals, books, and newspapers. Dr. Jacobs’ own experience as a former fertility patient allows him to empathize with his patients and provide the support and encouragement needed. Dr. Jacobs is committed to providing patients with the most comprehensive care available to make their dreams of a family come true. Dr. Jacobs is the Medical Director of the Center of Excellence for Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) at Fertility Centers of Illinois.

• English

• Northwestern Univ Med Sch, Chicago Il 60611 (Grad. 1975)

• Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS)

• US News & World Report, Top Doctor