Dr. Laurence A. Jacobs

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Laurence A. Jacobs

Switching to Dr. Jacobs was the best thing I ever did. I have always been, with anything, not just infertility, the exception and the "difficult patient" What works for 90% of women won't work for me. I have PCOS, circulation issues, issues responding to certain meds, allergic reactions, not to mention I had the most difficult insurance to work with/around. He got that I was not the average patient and watched me extra closely - I truly got the attention I deserved. Dr. Jacobs also is very experienced and knowledgeable and also able to explain his logic to you, which means a lot during an incredibly frustrating and complicated process. You just want to know why you are spending all this money or doing these crazy injections - and why you can do certain things and not others without jeopardizing your results. I could not recommend him more. He also has two incredible nurses on his staff - Helen and Melissa - that if you have a choice of nurse, I recommend one of them. They are incredibly detailed, caring and responsive. The entire staff is very caring - as most have gone through some similar themselves. And this is not necessarily the case for all FCI offices/doctors. There was an immediate difference in my care when switching from another FCI doctor to his practice. He and his staff are THE BEST.

flag | Submitted February 6, 2019

My husband and I are so grateful we found Dr. Jacobs. He is caring, professional and knowledgeable. He was always available to answer any questions and help us with anything we needed. We had our first IVF and now I'm 9 weeks pregnant. God bless you Dr. Jacobs to continue helping woman with infertility issues.

flag | Submitted February 4, 2019

Dr. Jacobs is hands down one of the best Dr's I have come across. He knows what he's talking about, he's very knowledgeable in his field, his welcoming/friendly/caring personality really helps you be confident and know that you're in good hands. He comes highly recommended for obvious reasons. I absolutely would HIGHLY recommend his practice, everyone is extremely nice and welcoming. Thank you SO much Dr. Jacobs for everything you have done for us. We're so happy we found you :)

flag | Submitted December 13, 2018

We are very happy to have been under Dr.Jacobs care. He explained every part of the process and was always empathetic and tactful with his approach.

flag | Submitted October 24, 2018

Thank you Dr. Jacobs, you made our dream of becoming a parents come true. First IVF and it was successful just like you said. You never failed. We will be back to you for another baby :)

flag | Submitted September 26, 2018

It is a very pleasant experience with Dr. Jacobs and his entire team. Very very detail oriented and efficient in what they are doing. Dr Jacobs takes personal interest into his every patient. I got really friendly feeling from Dr and his team which made my IVF journey very pleasant and successful. I would recommend Dr. Jacobs to everyone who is looking for fertility help.

flag | Submitted September 1, 2018

Dr. Jacobs was wonderful through our whole IVF journey. He is like a big teddy bear! Very easy to talk to and willing to try cutting edge procedures to get you pregnant. I am very pleased with the outcome of our treatment.

flag | Submitted August 31, 2018

Awesome Experience ! Every question was answered and dr.jacobs took a very good care from the start. I would definitely recommend everyone trying to get pregnant to see dr.jacobs. Would definitely see positive results.

flag | Submitted August 21, 2018

Dr Jacobs is very experienced on fertility cares with different ethnic individuals. We satisfied with his passion to get us a successful pregnancy. He is also experienced on PCOS. After taking care of this PCOS and his passion all of his cares make us success. His nurses are also friendly.

flag | Submitted July 24, 2018

Dr J is a seasoned doctor, he knows his stuff. We did an immense amount of research before choosing a doctor. Prior to FCI we went to NW, I would have to show up hours prior to my appointment time and sit on a floor in a hallway with 25+ women waiting for the doors to unlock. At FCI you are not just a number, this man answered all of my questions, I could email him at any time in the night and he would always respond within a few hours. IVF is anxiety provoking and Dr. J gets it, granted he is a professional in speciality, whom typically from my experience most have the brains but not the bedside manner, Dr. J is down to earth as well and can hold a conversation. We suffered loss and he was right there holding my hand getting me through this once again. My husband and I admire most is DR. Jacob's honesty. It's not about the money to this man, he is not going to sugar coat things and make you do cycle after cycle.. he is honest and tells you the problem, and the solution which in turn brings us to our child. We were not an easy case by any means, yes, I am that paranoid patient with 10,000 questions , my husband has severe male factor and I am more than likely DOR. Our baby is due in January thanks to this man!

flag | Submitted June 17, 2018

Dr. Laurence A. Jacobs's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Jacobs is a Mayo Clinic-trained Reproductive Endocrinologist and board certified in Obstetrics and Gynecology and in Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility (REI). He has been practicing medicine since 1975. He completed medical school and an Obstetrics and Gynecology residency at Northwestern University, and then went on to complete a fellowship in Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility at the Mayo Clinic in 1988. He has been honored as “Top Doctor” by the prestigious publisher Castle Connolly in all of its editions of “America’s Top Doctors” 2001-2019 (top 1 percent of specialists nationwide) and “Chicago’s Top Doctors” 2001-2019. Ladies’ Home Journal and Chicago Magazine have repeatedly chosen him as one of America’s “top infertility doctors.” Dr. Jacobs has authored numerous articles for journals, books, and newspapers. Dr. Jacobs’ own experience as a former fertility patient allows him to empathize with his patients and provide the support and encouragement needed. Dr. Jacobs is committed to providing patients with the most comprehensive care available to make their dreams of a family come true. Dr. Jacobs is the Medical Director of the Center of Excellence for Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) at Fertility Centers of Illinois.

• English

• Northwestern Univ Med Sch, Chicago Il 60611 (Grad. 1975)
  • Mayo Clinic College of Medicine

• Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS)

• US News & World Report, Top Doctor