Ratings for Dr. Laurence A. Jacobs

Switching to Dr. Jacobs was the best thing I ever did. I have always been, with anything, not just infertility, the exception and the "difficult patient" What works for 90% of women won't work for me. I have PCOS, circulation issues, issues responding to certain meds, allergic reactions, not to mention I had the most difficult insurance to work with/around. He got that I was not the average patient and watched me extra closely - I truly got the attention I deserved. Dr. Jacobs also is very experienced and knowledgeable and also able to explain his logic to you, which means a lot during an incredibly frustrating and complicated process. You just want to know why you are spending all this money or doing these crazy injections - and why you can do certain things and not others without jeopardizing your results. I could not recommend him more. He also has two incredible nurses on his staff - Helen and Melissa - that if you have a choice of nurse, I recommend one of them. They are incredibly detailed, caring and responsive. The entire staff is very caring - as most have gone through some similar themselves. And this is not necessarily the case for all FCI offices/doctors. There was an immediate difference in my care when switching from another FCI doctor to his practice. He and his staff are THE BEST.

flag | Submitted February 6, 2019

Five stars is not enough for Dr. Jacobs and his team who helped make our dream of having a family come true! I have struggled with hormone issues (Poly Cystic Ovarian Syndrome - PCOS) for most of my adult life. I was told at 17 that I would never have children. Every doctor I had seen, prior to Dr. Jacobs, had failed to help me and only succeeded in pouring shame on top of what was already shameful to me. I was ecstatic to learn that Dr. Jacobs is a nationally recognized specialist in the treatment of PCOS. I was even more pleased when I was met with grace and kindness, instead of shame, at our first visit. When my husband and I started trying for a family, I had been so traumatized by unhelpful and unkind doctors that I was scared to go to a specialist, or see anyone new. I am so grateful for Dr. Jacobs' kindness, consideration, and expert knowledge! I have never been more comfortable in a doctor's office. Every person on the staff, from the office team, to lab technicians, and nurses were always supportive and encouraging. Even when we faced difficult news or another "not yet", they delivered it with care, kindness, and whatever hope they could give. We were hesitant to move onto IVF for a number of reasons and Dr. Jacobs worked with us to accommodate that choice. Once we were pregnant, he and his staff carefully monitored the pregnancy to make certain we had the best chance to carry to term. My body fought hard against conception and carrying a pregnancy, but Dr. Jacobs and his team fought back with us. When they say, "Your miracle. Our mission", they mean it. Today, we are holding our precious miracle baby girl! We are forever grateful to Dr. Jacobs and his team at Fertility Centers of Illinois for helping us start a family. I highly recommend Dr. Jacobs, his team, and Fertility Centers of Illinois.

flag | Submitted October 30, 2019

Dr Jacobs is very knowledgeable and listen to patients Completely. Responds to emails within 24 hours which really helpful for patients. I would highly recommend this doctor

flag | Submitted October 21, 2019

Coming from a patient who has been going through fertility treatments for 5 years, I can not say enough good things about Dr. Jacobs. I was a patient of another doctor at FCI for 3 years and had multiple miscarriages, could not get past 8 weeks. After going through the lowest point in my life, we decided to have our daughter via surrogacy. After taking a 3 year break to raise our daughter we decided to try again. I am 42 and we have embryos. I changed doctors and purposely picked Dr. Jacobs based on reviews. From the get go he addressed my past journey, gave his opinion and how we were going to do things differently. And different it was....... I am happy to report I am 15 weeks pregnant and have nothing but love and admiration for Dr. Jacobs and his staff.

flag | Submitted May 30, 2019

My husband and I are so grateful we found Dr. Jacobs. He is caring, professional and knowledgeable. He was always available to answer any questions and help us with anything we needed. We had our first IVF and now I'm 9 weeks pregnant. God bless you Dr. Jacobs to continue helping woman with infertility issues.

flag | Submitted February 4, 2019

Dr. Jacobs is hands down one of the best Dr's I have come across. He knows what he's talking about, he's very knowledgeable in his field, his welcoming/friendly/caring personality really helps you be confident and know that you're in good hands. He comes highly recommended for obvious reasons. I absolutely would HIGHLY recommend his practice, everyone is extremely nice and welcoming. Thank you SO much Dr. Jacobs for everything you have done for us. We're so happy we found you :)

flag | Submitted December 13, 2018

We are very happy to have been under Dr.Jacobs care. He explained every part of the process and was always empathetic and tactful with his approach.

flag | Submitted October 24, 2018

Thank you Dr. Jacobs, you made our dream of becoming a parents come true. First IVF and it was successful just like you said. You never failed. We will be back to you for another baby :)

flag | Submitted September 26, 2018

It is a very pleasant experience with Dr. Jacobs and his entire team. Very very detail oriented and efficient in what they are doing. Dr Jacobs takes personal interest into his every patient. I got really friendly feeling from Dr and his team which made my IVF journey very pleasant and successful. I would recommend Dr. Jacobs to everyone who is looking for fertility help.

flag | Submitted September 1, 2018

Dr. Jacobs was wonderful through our whole IVF journey. He is like a big teddy bear! Very easy to talk to and willing to try cutting edge procedures to get you pregnant. I am very pleased with the outcome of our treatment.

flag | Submitted August 31, 2018

Dr. Laurence A. Jacobs's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Jacobs is a Mayo Clinic-trained Reproductive Endocrinologist and board certified in Obstetrics and Gynecology and in Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility (REI). He has been practicing medicine since 1975. He completed medical school and an Obstetrics and Gynecology residency at Northwestern University, and then went on to complete a fellowship in Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility at the Mayo Clinic in 1988. He has been honored as “Top Doctor” by the prestigious publisher Castle Connolly in all of its editions of “America’s Top Doctors” 2001-2019 (top 1 percent of specialists nationwide) and “Chicago’s Top Doctors” 2001-2019. Ladies’ Home Journal and Chicago Magazine have repeatedly chosen him as one of America’s “top infertility doctors.” Dr. Jacobs has authored numerous articles for journals, books, and newspapers. Dr. Jacobs’ own experience as a former fertility patient allows him to empathize with his patients and provide the support and encouragement needed. Dr. Jacobs is committed to providing patients with the most comprehensive care available to make their dreams of a family come true. Dr. Jacobs is the Medical Director of the Center of Excellence for Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) at Fertility Centers of Illinois.

• English

• Northwestern Univ Med Sch, Chicago Il 60611 (Grad. 1975)
  • Mayo Clinic College of Medicine

• Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS)

• US News & World Report, Top Doctor