Ratings for Dr. Darryl Appleton

I had a sleep study here last night. Crazy situation: woken at 11 by sounds in the corridor outside; managed to fall asleep again and then at least 4 more times throughout the night I was awoken. Doors closing, coughing, voices, a phone...what kind of sleep lab wakes its patients up? As instructed, 5 times I called out ‘hello!!’, to ask if earplugs were available (and an extra blanket as I was chilly) but, contrary to what I’d been clearly told, my calls were ignored. Eventually I realized this ‘study’ was not going to yield a useful result because these awakenings were solely from the noisy clinic. I took my sleeping meds at 1.30 am and did manage a medicated sleep till I was awoken at about 5.30. I asked the technician why she hasn’t responded to my calls and was told she’d heard me but was busy with another client. I asked her if she was ok with me driving home with sleeping meds still in my system and she muttered ‘no’. Understaffed, uncaring, poor study environment. Very upset.

Submitted March 6, 2018

An amazing Doctor with a great bedside manner! Most of all he has helped my wife on the road to recovery for my wife!! Much appreciated Dr. Appleton as well as the information for further help for her. Thank you and your staff again for all yours help. On a final note like the other person here my wife did go twice to Newmarket where twice the results negative for sleep disorders. Today my wife sleeps much better thanks to the Appleton Clinic.

flag | Submitted February 15, 2018

Dr. Appleton is the best doctor I have met in a long lifetime. He is friendly, sharp, knowledgable, caring, and he takes as much time with you as need. He is sensitive to your thoughts and feelings, and knows how to present the information you need in the most effective way possible for you. Very impressive! The sleep test clinic is nice and homey, with friendly, capable staff. Technician Kon (hope I spelled this right) is super personable and efficient. I didn't expect so many amenities at the clinic. The young man at reception has been very accommodating and helpful. Wish I had consulted the Net before my sleep test so that I knew what to expect.

flag | Submitted February 8, 2018

Very knowledgeable and professional. Sleep rooms are comfortable, just like being in a hotel!!!

flag | Submitted February 2, 2018

My wife has been unable to sleep for the past year and was sent for her sleep study in Newmarket. The results showed no problems in her sleep study. She was then sent to the Appleton Clinic in Toronto and saw Dr. Appleton who arranged a mask for sleep and since getting the mask has no more problems with her sleep. The staff was nothing short of amazing and Dr. Appleton was great with dealing with my wife as well.

flag | Submitted November 27, 2017

Dr Appleton was very nice and helped me with my sleep issues. The new gentalmen covering the front desk needs more training thinks he knows everything and doesn't listen to what your trying to say never knows the answers and doesn't return phone calls. I showed up for an appointment and no technician showed up it was me another gentlemen who was extremely upset, apparently an office downstairs called a lady to find out what was happening and she got on the issue right away when no other staff would answer and resolved the issue even showed up at 10 pm hence she was on maternity leave and didn't have to help out fantastic lady with a beautiful baby apparently her replacement forgot to pull the charts so the tech left thinking they weren't working . Perhaps staying off your cellphone and surfing the web should be done less so you can do your job as this is what I witnessed in the waiting room.

flag | Submitted October 20, 2017

Receptionist was extremely rude - office wasn't even open when my appointment was scheduled. When I called to try to figure why I was yelled at that they had called and left a message. No idea with who the nasty lady thinks she left a message because it wasn't anyone in this house.

flag | Submitted September 13, 2017

Attended a scheduled sleep study appointment with another client and no staff showed up for our study. We tried contacting the office and Dr. Appleton's Florida clinic without success so we returned to our respective homes. I just received a call 3 weeks after the failed appointment asking when I would like to reschedule - NOT EVER! They didn't seem to care that they've just lost another patient.

flag | Submitted August 28, 2017

Excellent doctor! Unbelievable professional and knowledgeable..highly recommend him for any concerns.

flag | Submitted May 19, 2017

Helped me with a circadian rhythm disorder. Most people just though I was lazy, but now I can wake up in the morning like a normal human being! Also a super cool dude all-around. Super nice, and explains stuff well.

flag | Submitted May 15, 2017