Ratings for Dr. Edward H. Piepmeier

Always seems to be in a hurry. Not a particularly good listener.

flag | Submitted March 16, 2012

Dr Piepmeier knows his stuff. He refers to a specialist if needed and the staff will research insurance info happily

flag | Submitted May 5, 2011

I saw Doctor Piepmeier for several problems I was having; Diet, leg pain, a fungal problem, a scalp problem AND weight loss questions. Despite my ridiculously long list of problems, he had no trouble answering every question. He was prompt, friendly, knowledgeable and personable. Easily the best doctor visit I have ever had. I would recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted October 1, 2009

Dr. Piepmeier treated me with respect and kindness. He is knowledgable about my medical problems and informed me of my options for treatment. With his help I am now feeling great.

flag | Submitted September 19, 2009

We have seen Dr. Piepmeier twice now when it was an urgent appointment and our regular Physician (Rampton) was unavailable. He was very disrespectful both times, treating my husband and I like white trash the first time we visited (I am unsure as to why, since we and our children were clean and dressed appropriately), as well as at my most recent visit, which I went to alone. He doesn't appear to read through the charts before a consultation...as was clearly demonstrated when he asked if my baby's father was around to help out (which seemed disrespectfully insinuated, at least) when I have clearly seen in my chart noted that he is currently deployed - this is listed on the first page. The final straw is him concluding that the ONLY solution to my current issue (low back pain) is to not pick up my 15 month old at all, and to move out of my apartment. Not only is this unreasonable for me while my husband is gone, but it seems beyond ridiculous and extreme for a first step.

flag | Submitted July 17, 2009

Dr. Piepmeier was referred by a friend whose baby he delivered. My son was having problems in school (receiving Cs and Ds) and was feeling sick. Dr. Piepmeier outlined how to help him and the next term he earned As and Bs. Dr. Piepmeier offered three options including advising how to support him at home and at school, reviewing medictions that could be used and offered to refer him to a psychiatrist which would have taken much longer. I followed his advice and chose not to take medications and when things worked out so well I cancelled my appointment with the psychiatrist. Others may need a psychiatrist but I trust Dr. Piepmeier and that worked for me and my son.

flag | Submitted July 9, 2009

The physician was effective and described the medications and plan for treatment. He gave a written summary of what was discussed at the visit.

flag | Submitted June 21, 2009

Took my son to see him for anxiety and he told me that it was a behavior problem and we needed to improve our parenting skills. He had no clue as to the severity of the issue and when I tried to tell him he would cut me off. My son was not able to go to school some days because the anxiety was so bad he was throwing up. His response to that was that "not going to school is not an option." Hello, the school won't take him if he is throwing up. He did not even care to listen to my concerns. My son has now been under the care of a psychiatrist for 2 years and does have severe anxiety. He has not missed a day of school since we started seeing her. We will never see him or anyone in the practice again. Very entitled group of doctors.

flag | Submitted March 6, 2009

Saw Dr Piepmeier for severe back and leg pain. He got me on the right combination of medication for pain control and referred me to another doctor for a non surgical resolution to my back problem. He was very caring and helpful.

flag | Submitted December 23, 2008

Dr. Edward H. Piepmeier's Credentials

• University Of Texas Medical Branch At Galveston (Grad. 2003)

Ameritas