Ratings for Dr. Lynn Edwards

Dr Edwards has been a terrific dr! He always had time to listen and was very willing to send me on to a specialist when needed. I without totally trust him. Thanks fir being a great dr!

flag | Submitted January 19, 2016

Not happy....I few weeks ago I over heard this Doctor talking to another Doctor poorly about a patient. I have it saved to my I phone as I was so upset. I heard him say "this person is Psychotic, she come in here all the time with something wrong" I lost all trust in this Doctor and i will never go back. If he can talk about his patients this way...This is one Doctor that I will stay away from. My son has a disability and the breach of patient trust is gone...

flag | Submitted June 20, 2015

Dr. Edwards is the best family physician we've ever had. Straight to the point, very attentitive and personal.

flag | Submitted July 29, 2013

Is very rushed, hard to get an appointment, does not seem to listen to what you are saying.

flag | Submitted July 17, 2013

The comment back in '07 about acting when something is beyond his scope no longer applies, it seems. A patient admitted to the hospital (for a mental condition - not physical) was kept in the BI Hospital under his care for about 20 days. The patient was discharged - not transferred to a hospital with pyschiatrists -and was worse than when admitted. Wreaking havoc in the community after discharge led us back to ask Dr. Edwards to arrange for admission in Medicine Hat hospital. He said that it would take a few days to do that!? What? He's either too busy, stressed, unconcerned or uninformed to have the responsibility that he does. BTW: This is a patient that he diagnosed with bipolar years ago during an office visit (no 2nd opinion)! That's a serious diagnosis (or misdiagnosis) that has following this person since, and all the research I've done indicates that a bipolar diagnosis is confirmed, by a specialist, only after a certain list of criteria has been met. He has no such list!

flag | Submitted April 23, 2013

Dr. Edwards cared for me and my family for 15 years. I always felt heard and respected. He cared for us through birth, death, health and illness and I always felt his compassion and caring. He is always willing to admit when he doesn't know something and will refer when necessary. I appreciated that he did not prescribe medications unnecessarily for viral illnesses when my kids were sick but would reassure me that my symptomatic care was all that was needed and that I was doing a good job. I appreciated his honesty- some have criticized his "bluntness", but I myself prefer honesty to false reassurances. His clinic staff is great and always goes the extra mile. Dr. E always has a student with him, which I never minded- two opinions in one visit! Since moving from Bow Island, I have yet to find a suitable replacement and suspect that I have been so spoiled that no one will ever quite measure up! Thanks from the bottom of my heart for all you have done over the years for me and my family.

flag | Submitted April 13, 2013

I really appreciate Dr. Edwards kind,caring,and thoughtful attitude. He is willing to go the second mile to get you to a specialist and if he thinks the wait is too long he will step in and make sure you get there promptly. I think he is a great doctor. Thanks for doing a great job Dr. Edwards!

flag | Submitted November 1, 2012

Oh ya, he's quite personable; however, I question his attentiveness to his patients' physical/mental needs. He had my mother so screwed up with 5 different presciptions (some anti-psychotic); each to counteract the side effects of the other. I personally had to wean her off of all the drugs he had prescribed and she is now 100% better. Shame on him for acting so irresponsibly! Treating elderly patients with such disregard by pushing pills down their throats until they get so messed up, confused and weak that they either overdose because of the confusion, go crazy with anxiety or other side effects, fall and break a hip because of weakness or dizziness, etc. etc. Doctors needs to learn how to treat the body as a whole and not just try to target 1 symptom at a time. I can understand the 1st prescription; maybe the 2nd, but the last 3 scripts were just blowing my mother off in my opinion. If he doesn't treat my mother the same way he would treat his own, then I don't trust him!

flag | Submitted August 17, 2012

He was very helpful and very personable. I love having him as my doctor.

flag | Submitted March 17, 2011

Dr. Edwards goes above and beyond the call of duty. He has saved my wife's life on 2 or 3 occasions where the specialists failed her. If anyone is complaining about this doctor, they're off their rocker. 10 out of 10 for us.

flag | Submitted February 26, 2009