Ratings for Dr. James D. Severa

Dr James Severa is unabated in proficiency of both his practice and patient care. I understand that Dr Severa is criticized. I say that those of whom have the right to criticize him should have the understanding of his limits too. Dr Severa is a great MD in theory and practice.

flag | Submitted May 23, 2016

It's very, very hard to believe that this place is an actual Dr.'s office. It' s filthy/nasty/dirty!!! The staff are very unprofessional/uneducated & both smell like ashtrays, AGAIN VERY NASTY!!! Maybe, they should clean the place, instead of standing outside all day smoking. I've seen fish treated better at a bait shop & they are BAITFISH!!!

flag | Submitted May 18, 2016

Dr James Severa is a bona fide and outstanding doctor. Dr. Severa treats the most severe cases the best because he's awsome at micromanaging neuropsychiactric illnesses. He is also compassionate, knowledgeable , even though he is terse or blunt. Dr Severa is one of the best doctors of medicine in his feild within th re grater nebraska area.

flag | Submitted December 3, 2015

Horrific experience(s) with this doctor at multiple times over the years. Too arrogant to hide his and his wife's practices' sketchiness.

flag | Submitted November 28, 2015

I'd honestly guess most of the good reviews on here are bogus. As a teenager, I was extremely over-medicated while seeing him. Parents, please - be cautious of this. It would seem in recent years he has taken to "explaining away" mental health issues with physical causes and pushing that with supplements. I have enough education personally to know while this may be a possibility at times, and supplements can aid in health, given personal experience with this doctor as well as the true level of "care" received - I would never in good conscience recommend this doctor. Side note, his wife (different last name) is a psychiatrist as well and in practice with him, and interestingly the "2nd highest rated psychiatrist in Omaha."

flag | Submitted September 18, 2015

Dr Severa is greatly knowledgeable in psychiatric medical practice. He has helped me , as a patient profoundly. Those who have a diagnosis of severity work best in Severa's care . He's one of the best psychiatrists I've had , out of 9 docs.

flag | Submitted May 29, 2015

This "doctor" had me on 13 different medications as a teenager. He barely listened to me during my appointments and was quick to prescribe more and more medications without weening me off of anything. I was so overmedicated that I barely graduated high school, my parents finally came to their senses and switched me to a good psychiatrist.

flag | Submitted May 17, 2015

Dr James Severa has medical knowledge & the compassion to use it, & hence is a great doctor.

flag | Submitted April 10, 2015

Dr. Severa is a very knowledgeable, kind, and helpful psychiatrist. He is also down to earth and has helped me improve my health through vitamin intake, namely vitamin D. His office is a bit cluttered and sometimes there is a wait while he finishes up with other patients. Otherwise, he is good at what he does. I would recommend him.

flag | Submitted October 12, 2014

flag | Submitted August 22, 2014

Dr. James D. Severa's Credentials

• Creighton University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1976)