Ratings for Dr. Peter N. Riskind

I have never had a bad experience with Peter. I have found his manner warm and honest. I get my questions answered. He and the MS staff of UMASS are on top of the newest literature. Sure having MS is no fun sometimes. All interferon injections are unpleasant, but that is the disease's fault, not the neuro. I've been able to discuss alternative therapies- massage, acupuncture, etc. with no "western medicine" snobbery response.

flag | Submitted April 14, 2011

I was referred to Riskind who was a "specialist", but had not yet been diagnosed with a disorder.I was 31 years old at the time (2002).He diagnosed me with Multiple Sclerosis even though all of the tests were mainly negative or within normal limits.He said he could tell that I had two prior demyelination episodes after a neuro exam, but they were not present on any MRI films.He told me to choose a treatment, so I chose Rebif, a painful injection given to oneself at home 3 times per week.I trusted him; after all, he is a "specialist". For 2 long years, I injected myself at home. When I studied MS in Nursing school, things just didn't add up to me.I saught a second opinion and was sent to a 40 year veteran of Neurology in Boston in 2004.He discovered I DID NOT HAVE MS & was MISDIAGNOSED.It was too late to sue; my window of opportunity has closed.Due to misdiagnosis, anti-inflammatory treatment was delayed, and proved "no good and too late".I am permanently disabled now.Thanks Riskind...

flag | Submitted June 22, 2009

He doesn't listen, doesn't return calls, and overmedicates instead of taking the time to find out what the health issues are and try to improve them. I switched to a new MD at a new hospital who listens, returns calls, changed the medications that had been prescribed, and took the time to find solutions for the health issues I have and my quality of life has improved tremendously.

flag | Submitted December 22, 2008

Dr. Peter N. Riskind's Credentials

• Southwestern Homeopathic Medical College And Hospital (Grad. 1975)