Ratings for Dr. Kevin Kjernisted

He is the best doc. I have seen since my childhood and correctly diagnosed finally. Meds are working very well.

flag | Submitted August 3, 2017

Dr. Kjernisted is a helpful, knowledgeable psychiatrist who demonstrates a care and understanding for patients that is entirely genuine. He is good at what he does, and I always feel heartened after seeing him.

flag | Submitted June 15, 2017

The best psychiatrist that I have ever met. I am not being facetious, I have had the misfortune of being treated by psychiatrists for over 20 years and I estimate that I have seen 20 psychiatrists and Dr. Kjernisted has been the best.

flag | Submitted January 24, 2017

Dr. K. is one of those once in a lifetime gifts that a person like me with severe GAD gets the privilege of seeing after waiting a long time to get in.. His knowledge is unsurpassed. He put me on medications that I can handle and keeps improving my situation trying new things that he explains to me fully, based on complicated blood work, his expert analysis and diagnosis. I cannot say enough about the man himself. He is brilliant, inquisitive, kind, supportive, experimental and experienced. I am managing so much better under his care and am forever indebted to him for my care. The staff and Copeland always answer the phone with very little delay and are sincere about helping you.

flag | Submitted December 15, 2016

Great psychiatrist, great person. Great staff as well. Highly recommended.

flag | Submitted December 7, 2016

He literally saved my husband's life. After dealing with a GP for years who said there was nothing else to help his depression, by miracle we got in to see Dr. Kjernisted who gave him a totally different diagnosis, and gave us so much reassurance that we would be able to get back to a normal life. He'll keep tweaking your medication until you are rid of the side effects, and is the only doctor that I have ever come across that won't tell you that side effects are something you need should be prepared to live with. He is incredibly caring and our family is greatly indebted to him.

flag | Submitted November 16, 2016

I have seen many doctors about my mental health over the past 3 years, and Dr. Kjernisted is without a doubt, the best one! Incredibly knowledgeable, always takes time to answer my questions, and always explains why he is prescribing me certain medications. He always listens to my requests (or very nicely explains why they are not good ideas) and will even give me papers to read about the medications he prescribes me. His staff are incredibly lovely and warm. Anyone who has the pleasure of seeing him, should consider themselves very lucky.

flag | Submitted September 25, 2016

Great guy period. He is smart, very experienced , he cares, asks the right questions, suggests possibilities that make sense when you ask him questions about incidents in the past that didn't make sense. And sometimes he sees you during his lunch hour. That's what makes his punctuality not so perfect : he cares *Do what I did, put yourself on a waiting list.

flag | Submitted March 28, 2016

Dr. Kjernisted is an excellent doctor, and very patient, kind and humble. He is very helpful as well.

flag | Submitted February 29, 2016

To begin with,he is the most soft spoken,calming influence Dr. I certainly have ever met. He does a tremendous amount of reading of papers other Dr's have written only to make his practice better. That translates into you dealing with whatever it is that haunts you. I will say,if you don't like taking medication,he probably isn't the Dr for you. By that,I don't mean he writes prescriptions at will. Careful thought is given to each step. If you are struggling,I HIGHLY recommend you call his office,and be added to his waiting list.

flag | Submitted February 10, 2016