Ratings for Dr. Harry Spiera

Called to schedule a appointment the secretary was a very rude nasty person not polite or making a new patient feel welcome.nasty nasty nasty secretary should be fired.

flag | Submitted May 16, 2016

Both my daughter and I are patients of Dr. Harry Spiera for many years. He is so very smart, caring, supportive and treats his patients with dignity. When you are cared for by him, you are not just an electronic medical record. He knows your "story" and takes your needs into account when recommending treatment. You will not find a finer practitioner. I have seen his secretary be curt at times but not without reason. Dr. Spiera spends as much time with his patients as he thinks they require. This can at times, cause delays. Appointments may be difficult to schedule but if you want to see the best then this is justified. Treat the office staff with respect and that will be returned.

flag | Submitted May 5, 2015

I think Dr. Spiera is a wonderful and thoughtful doctor and if your interactions with the manager of his office are limited to just making appointments and saying a brief hello when you walk in then she is easy enough to deal with and he is more than worth it. However, if your interactions with the manager of his office are going to increase (due to needing medical records transferred to other offices and things of that nature) I can't say he's worth the amount of trouble that is bound to be. I have nothing but nice things to say about Dr. Spiera and I think it's a shame that I was unable to continue on with him because his office manager was as difficult and unhelpful as she could be.

flag | Submitted October 15, 2014

I wonder why the ratings are being eliminated or deleted. I agree that the staff is horrible and turns people off. I am contemplating leaving the practice because it is simply too hard to deal with passive aggression. The rater who explained the good-cop bad-cop scenario may be quite right. The doctor is likely hiding behind the mean staff who do his bidding for him. The doctor needs to realize that this is turning people off!

flag | Submitted September 5, 2013

It is indeed a pleasure to have the opportunity to review and comment on this truly wonderful and highly skilled professional. I am 69 years old and have been a patient of Dr. Spiera since I was 23 years of age. He is the best doctor and human being I have ever met. I suffer from polymyositis and he has been a true savior during all these years. He is knowledgeable, compassionate and a pleasure to speak with. I consider him my Guru.He is an excellent diagnosticion. If anyone would ask, I will always recommend him highly.

flag | Submitted April 11, 2012

After reading the reviews I was anxious about my appointmnet. I should not have been. Everyone in the office was very professional and helpful. I found Dr. Spiera to be knowledgeable and shared a lot of info about my issue that my other rheumotologist had not. I would highly recommend Dr. Spiera and his office.

flag | Submitted July 16, 2011

I really don't know what all these complaints about staff are about. I have never been treated otherwise than courteously and professionally. As to the doctor, he listens and cares about his patients wonderfully

flag | Submitted June 15, 2011

cold callus uncaring unhelpful. left him for Dr Hal Mitnick; who is warm, thoughtful, caring, and much more helpful and wiser

flag | Submitted April 28, 2011

flag | Submitted October 24, 2010

Dr Spiera has been my doctor for nearly 30 years and he has, as others have remarked, saved my life several times. On the other hand, dealing with the manager of of his office is more than simply unpleasant, and even degrading; and after a really extraordinarily rude remarks she made to me, I decided that i must find another doctor. Much as think he is a fine physician, I'm too old to deal with this kind of stuff. In the end, I did get to see another doctor in the practice who was quite nice - but I had to explain to her 30 years of disease. The staff in Robert Spiera's office, especially those who have known me for a very long time, are perfectly nice - but let me tell you!!!!

flag | Submitted June 4, 2010

Dr. Harry Spiera's Credentials

• New York University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1958)