Ratings for Dr. Kathleen Bell-Irving

Having a team that visited my mother in her home at least monthly was a relief to us children, especially as mum grew frailer over the years and found it harder to get about. Dr. B-I definitely has a no-BS manner but I prefer that to platitudes, especially when there are challenging health needs that need to be dealt with. Her nurse consistently went above and beyond, escorting my mother to a far-away medical appointment at one point. Our family is grateful to the BI-Well team for the care provided to our mother, especially over the last year of her life.

flag | Submitted October 13, 2017

Not worth the $200 per month Dr Bell-Irving is not who you want your elderly Parent to be with in short terms she is a bully and tries to push products on to the patient that #1 they may not need or #2 they cannot afford. she rarely keeps the family up to date on the condition of the patient especially after a patient was admitted to the emergency and no follow up. I do say the Male Nurse who works for Bell Irving was kind and considerate. do yourself a great favour and stay away from this Doctor.

flag | Submitted June 12, 2017

STAY AWAY - just pushes meds and unnecessary services!!

flag | Submitted January 24, 2017

STAY AWAY! Speaking on behalf of a collection of North Shore Health professionals who have had the displeasure of working with KBI over the past 20 years, we are advising anyone looking for a caring physician to keep looking. Kathleen Bell-Irving is a rigid, self-serving, and generally unpleasant person. She is frequently disrespectful to her colleagues down right rude to both patients and their families. All this could even be forgiven if she was a good doctor, but she does not take the time to listen to her patients or their spouses and pushes unnecessary drugs.

flag | Submitted January 22, 2017

Dr. Bell-Irving was my mother's physician for over 5 years . |Our experience was positive. She was generous with her time in dealing with mother,us and her caregivers. We are grateful for the care mother received. Five stars.

flag | Submitted November 24, 2016

WARNING TO ALL !Dr. Bell-Irving is very unprofessional! She uses the elderyl for her own gain. While my mother was under Bell-Irving's care, she was prescribed medications that destroyed her mental state ( one of the drugs were specifically only used for parkinsons disease which was not an illness my mother had) Not only that, but Ms. Bell-Irving has a way with only writing about family members instead of dealing with her current patient. Bell-Irving recieves payments for her visits and now looking at hindsight is the reason why she didnt refer my mother to a professional geriatric doctor since my mother has an illness requiring more attention, instead she did not and kept drugging my mother with a coctail of meds and continued to meddle with the family's affairs. I think she should be checked and be stripped of her license. Nobody should ever take advantage of the elderly!

flag | Submitted November 11, 2016

She has been very responsive and caring to both my parents and available whenever we need her and excellent in an emergency situation. She has given our family much needed peace of mind. Without her care my mother would be institutionalized. We are very thankful.

flag | Submitted January 4, 2016

She only uses her laptop to write about family members than taking care of her patient. Aregent and no skills. Should be band for practice.

flag | Submitted June 26, 2015

Highly disappointed with this "professional", a totally self-serving, drug pusher who prefers to write prescriptions when basic natural offerings would do the trick. Charges for home visits in her private practice to the tune of $3600 a year, then bills MSP over $200K and who know what the pharma kick-backs amount to? Old school out of touch and a parasite of the elderly.

flag | Submitted March 25, 2015

KBI takes very good care of our Mother. Comes when there is any issue and sets up all care needed. WE are very satisfied.

flag | Submitted October 10, 2010