Ratings for Dr. JENNIFER M. Keller

Dr. Keller never gives clear answers to questions. She is always vague. She doesn't seem to know what she is doing. She is always late for appointments. She is notorious for giving different answers to the same questions. She is incompetent. DO NOT RECOMMEND HER AS OBSTETRICIAN.

flag | Submitted March 11, 2014

I had to wait 7 months for an appointment for a general check-up (as a new patient), which I find a bit excessive. I waited 45 minutes in the waiting area and later 20 minutes (already undressed) in a freezing examination room. The medical assistant, a student and later the doctor asked me the same questions all over again separately from each other. Some of them unnecessary (unrelated to my visit) or even inappropriate in my opinion; it made me feel like a guinea pig or an oddity. Especially since most of these conversations happened while I was already undressed. The examination itself caused me physical pain (more than is expected and appropriate) and lacked part of the elements that are typical for a standard once-a-year check-up, whereas something was added, that I never heard of, nor experienced before (and do not ever want to again). The whole experience made me feel very uncomfortable and the memory of it still does. This was my first and last visit to this doctor's office.

flag | Submitted January 10, 2013

I've been going to Dr. Keller for about four years. She has a great bedside manner. She's friendly, kind, nonjudgmental, and efficient. During the exam, she explains what she is doing to alert the patient and prevent any surprises. Getting RXes filled or refilled is hassle-free.

flag | Submitted August 10, 2011

Dr. Keller lied to me about my pathology results. To be fair, maybe she was just mistaken and didn't exactly lie. She was very misleading in her statement, basically telling me that my results were good. Then I **specifically asked for more information** and she **looked at the computer screen** and then **told me there wasn't anything else**. I only found out there was more information when I read my own reports! I went back to the office, demanded to see her immediately, and showed her the paper. She then explained to me why it wasn't a big deal (which was true). Still, it's MY information. She can't just withhold it from me. I could not trust her after that. Also, I found she kept trying not to scare me by giving vague answers that only ended up scaring me more. I will say that she did surgery on me and I have had 2 other doctors compliment on how well it was done. Her recommendations for care were always appropriate. Still, I could never again see a doctor who lied to me.

flag | Submitted June 3, 2010

My experience with Dr. Keller was very good. I had a number of concerns, which she discussed patiently and in-depth. The office was running close to an hour behind, and she still didn't make me feel rushed or like my questions were unimportant. She gave me lots of good reading materials and suggestions for both preconception and overall health. The nursing staff is lovely, always very kind, attentive, and patient. The office is CRAZY busy, so it can be really, really hard to get an appointment - for regular exams, I'm usually be scheduled 3 to 4 months out. I haven't gone through a pregnancy with the office yet, but I've been assured those appointments are much easier to get - including walk-in emergencies. The office staff can be a little abrupt, but they seem competent. Any time I've had to leave a message regarding scheduling, they always call back as promised.

flag | Submitted September 21, 2009

Dr. Keller always seems rushed, but she answers all my questions throughly (by talking quickly). She gives GREAT care. I did not even feel the pap smear. I completely recommend her. Communication with her can be difficult, but once she diagnosed me something serious, I felt like a VIP. She would let me know the exact hours she would be available so I could call her then. I asked her some really specific questions, and she will go look up the answer for me. When I mentioned getting a 2nd opinion, she told me that was a good idea. (Sign of a good dr I think). Still, I think I'm going to have to stop seeing her. It pains me because the care I receive from her is excellent. But when I talk to her about my diagnosis, she always seems to be trying to convey how serious it is. I know it's serious! I just need someone who makes me feel more optimistic about my diagnosis. Also, some of the GW ObGyn staff can be really rude!

flag | Submitted March 2, 2009

Dr. JENNIFER M. Keller's Credentials

• Northwestern University Medical School (Grad. 2003)

Healthnet