Ratings for Dr. Gerald Henry Yaroslav Chaban

He was VERY thorough and took the time to discuss possible diagnosis. He recommended a blood test to confirm. He prescribed medical and natural remedies that really helped my daughter. We saw him on Saturday at the Holy Trinity clinic.

flag | Submitted February 25, 2017

This doctor is now at holy medical center in Richmond hill. I saw him as a walk in for my blood results. Wow. He is great. Very knowledgeable and took the time to actually sit there and discuss to me my health and was very thorough. He didn't rush the appointment like every other doctor I've had, especially my gp (which is in the same center) I'd love to have him as my gp but apparently he isn't accepting any new patients.

flag | Submitted December 17, 2015

Dr. Chaban is a great doctor, he is the best doctor in Milton. I went several times to him and he gave me the right meds. He is not working in Holly medical and I am looking for him. Anyone knows where did he go? I like to be his patient again.

flag | Submitted June 24, 2012

Dr. Chaban usted es un exelente Dr. yo en lo personal quisiera decir que usted es una persona en toda la extencion de la palabra usted se preocupaba por sus pacientes no como otros que no quiero mencionar nombre, estos otros que dicen llamarce Dr. lo unico que buscan es cobrar sus citas y nada mas, usted si se tomaba su tiempo escuchaba y recomendaba con una priscripcion ya uno se sencia muy bien. lo estranamos mucho por favor informenos donde esta y lo seguiremos todos sus paciente que lo extranamos por que usted si era un buen Dr. Recuerdo como usted curo a mi mami de 75 anos y ella esta muy bien y ella lo extrana mucho asi ella no hable ingles ella centia confianza con usted. no se olvida de sus paciente . Yo estoy escribiendo en espanol por que se que hay muchas personas latinas que lo buscan tambien y asi quisiera que ellos tambien se cientan con confiansa y escriban para que usted pueda regresar.

flag | Submitted February 8, 2012

I read the reviews and I don't know if we taklking about the same doctor. I went with my kids couple of times and yes he prescribes diffrent stuff, but he only advise to take it if you feel worse. My son had ear infection, he checked and sad that it will go away in couple of day and it did. All other doctors make you give your kids drugs on every little issue. He seems to be against that. And who cares about his hair it is so silly to even mention that. And who cares if he has a musk. I think he is great doctor and he takes time to explaine stuff and realy get to the bottom. He is the best doctor in Holly Clinic today.

flag | Submitted July 7, 2011

I've seen Dr. Chaban a few times at the Holly Medical Clinic as a walk-in and each time has been a nightmare with him. Like one of the other reviewers mentioned, it's always "comforting" when the doctor walks in with his mushroom hair cut wearing a surgical mask throughout the whole check-up. He seems all too eager to prescribe everything under the sun. My most recent trip was for what I believed was strep, and I walked out with 5 different prescription! He too read through the CPS drug manual to me another time when I went in complaining about dizziness. When I brought my baby in with an eye infection, he had prescribed a medicine that we later found out was antiquated. Bedside manner could use work as he likes to speak to/over you using every medical term he can. Next time I hit up this walk-in, I will check to see if he's the walk-in doctor and will go to another clinic if he is.

flag | Submitted May 27, 2010

Dr Chaban spent time in understanding my problem. Dr Chaban Looked at my throat and swabed for culture. He wrote an antibiotic and advised only to take if condition worsen or if the step test is positive.He was few good doctors I have visited. Generally I am afraid to go to a doc when I have sore throat because they prescribe anti biotics without even doing a culture. Almost every one with a sore throat Doesnt need antibiotics except if it is Strep throat.

flag | Submitted March 14, 2010

Dr. Chaban has been the only doctor I have seen that has taken my illness seriously, he may not say much but he is brilliant. I have seen 3 other doctors all of which explained my cronic back pain as normal for my age (27yrs old) I find him to be very thorough and a wonderful doctor. He is the only person in my ENTIRE life to request the proper tests. He has found a condition that I was apparently born with. If it werent for him taking his time, I would still be suffering in silence. He may not have the best bedside manner, and his apointments are quite long, but he is very good.

flag | Submitted October 13, 2009

When Dr. Chaban walked into the room with his N-95 mask covering his eyes, and his bowl cut combed forward the centre of his head I knew I was in for a treat. All I wanted was a anti smoking prescription, and ended up with a half an hour appointment with him reading me the CPS (drug manual) out loud word by word. I could not contain my laughter, it got soo bad that i was crying i was laughing soo hard, and he never once asked me what I though was soo funny, in fact he was ignoring me all together and reading the CPS book.

flag | Submitted May 27, 2009

I had both the Flu and Strep Throat at the same time. Feeling like hell I went to the walk in clinic at Holly, hoping to get antibiotics. Firstly, the nurse there thought I was making it up, second Dr. Chaban wouldn't touch me to check my throat or the large inflamed bump on my neck from inflammation of Strep. Dr. Chaban told me I had a cold and go home (remember I couldn't swallow and had not eaten in days). Later that day I got worse and was hospitalized. The Hospital IMMEDIATELY diagnosed me with Strep that had gotten WAY out of hand. The flu was just the cherry ontop. HAD I NOT gone to the hospital who knows what state I would be in. Any other time I have been at a doctor they at least look at my throat and check my neck. Dr. Chaban nurse called me days later to let me know that I did after all have Strep...I am so angry he tried to make me doubt my own intuition and risked my health/life. I have now found out that he has MANY people who complain about him and his poor treatment.

flag | Submitted December 19, 2008