You may also like

Absolutely destroyed my bf's mind with ketamine and methodone. He seems to think she is amazing but after a year + of nerve blocks and dry needling on top of all the meds they said "so sorry, nothing we can do" and thrust this clinical trial in his face. He also thinks hes famous at the moment and spoke to jerry springer, so his opinion is not the greatest. She should have her liscence pulled, it is destroying his life and he can't even remember who in the hell he is, but is paranoid that they will chuck him in some faucility for "knowing," so he "plays mr nice guy" She must be deaf dumb and blind to not see what she is doing!!! ALSO WAIT TIMES ARE HORRID.

flag | Submitted January 12, 2016

I am so sorry for anyone suffering months or years of pain and being sent to this doctor. She has biases against certain people and/or is selectively deciding who can and cannot have correct treatment. When someone is sleep-deprived and has 24/7 pain, they assume a doctor will properly diagnose and correctly treat them. This doctor will not. She is abusive, negligent and slanderous. Do not waste your time. I became permanently disabled under her care.

flag | Submitted January 4, 2016

Now, I see what people mean that Brenda just passes you off... It hurt in more ways than one. Her clinic is definitely a business that has burst at the seems to become impersonal and damaging.

flag | Submitted October 12, 2015

Change Pain is a business. No personal attention. You go through the steps in a prescribed order. I hope other people have better results than I, which were 0.

flag | Submitted October 11, 2015

I could go into great details of my negative experience but if you suffer from chronic pain then you know even writing this takes incredible effort . Bottom line she is either ill equipped or just doesn't care to tackle extreme pain cases such as mine . Why do you think you can get in to change pain easily and have to wait years to get into a real pain clinic . I've had many years experience with many doctors and it brings me no joy to bring forward the truth about her and change pain . There solutions are to send you to expensive spa style treatments or prescribe very expensive supplements that can only be purchased in the Netherlands ? If you suffer from mild discomfort then some of the protocol may benefit you . But for serious pain issues don't waste your time . Which is precious at this point . I truly wish a solution to all of you suffering and feel obligated to write this , hopefully enabling you to spend your time finding some one competant which I'm sorry to say in BC is almost non existent . A combination of a horribly broken medical system and over educated , under intelligent doctors makes it hard to hang on to the thread of hope many of us are clinging . Please don't take my word read the other negative testimonials and shedule s consultation to see for your self . Use your gut feeling as by now if you have suffered as long as I have is our best indication of what is best for you . You are not alone in the journey for help . But this place will make you feel so . Good luck and my suggestion is to source out other provinces or countries if finances allow . I've lost precious time that I don't have and worst false hope promised . Look into Cuba as a possible alternative as my friends had a fund raiser and my short time there proved more beneficial that all time spent in BC . I hope this confirms some of you that were questioning the care of this doctor or at least be wary and question everything . Thank you and again try and keep hope

flag | Submitted August 28, 2015

Where do I even begin? When no one in my city would acknowledge and treat my pain she stepped up to the challenge and has never given up on me. Just within our first visit she was able to asses, diagnosis and forecast a long term treatment plan, She validated my concerns and fears, foremost that I wasn’t going crazy and all my symptoms were real…and painful! Dr.Lau is compassionate and empathetic. With every visit she guided, treated, educated and empowered me to ultimately start living a life of pain self-management. For me to learn of my condition and stay current,to know my medications and supplements, know what these treatments are doing to my body. The new Me now knows her body, listens and respects it for the first time in my life. When I first met Dr.Lau my mobility was poor, I was 37 and using a mobility scooter, after a few years of using her multi level treatment plan of ketamine infusions, dry needling, IMS, prescribed medications and supplements ….and my own hard work…I’m now moving freely on my own, unassisted! We continue to work together on reducing my pain further…honestly we’ve come such a long way... I even practice yoga now! Dr.Lau has always been on the cusp of something new, never giving up to help end or manage our pain...she always provides hope of what great is yet to come. She was a founding member of Pain BC, co-founded CHANGEpain clinic and is now going on to teach residents at UBC to become Pain Specialists, really that’s a huge win for all of us in pain for years to come in BC! CHANGE pain offers it all, and great staff to assist us in our healing journeys. If she is running late she’s only listening and giving a patient the time and compassion they need…wouldn’t you want the same commitment? I’ve been blessed to walk alongside, heal and learn from Dr.Brenda Lau, thank-you for everything! Trudy Winder

flag | Submitted May 6, 2015

Where are the other negative comments that were on this sight before? This doctor pre adjudicates certain patients. If you see her make sure you are given clinic Intake forms to fill out. She slandered my name and biased all the other doctors in my case from believing me. When I needed her the most she dropped me as a patient. I had a fundamental right to being taken care of. She continued to misrepresent how the meds she prescribed me were working and confused my doctor. My own doctor has said she will never send another patient to her. Always bring someone with you. Be careful. Make sure you are given clinic intake forms to fill out if you see her. She misrepresented where she saw me. Her diagnosis and treatment plan made me worsen considerably.

Submitted October 4, 2014

Dr. Lau has been amazing for me. While the underlying condition has not improved, my ability to manage the pain has improved greatly. Other staff at the clinic she work are top notch. She's kept me waiting a few times, but, I don't mind. She doesn't waste a moment when she is with patients (some might find her hard to follow- she's FAST. She thinks fast, she talks fast, I would be shocked if she doesn't have genius level IQ. I'm VERY impressed. Should be under a Pain Doc now though. That's her main focus.

flag | Submitted October 1, 2014

flag | Submitted August 10, 2014

I was very impressed with Dr Lau. I felt she REALLY knew her stuff. It was obvious that she had read my file thoroughly

flag | Submitted June 25, 2014

Dr. Brenda Lau's Credentials

Updates

• A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "Absolutely destroyed my bf's mind with ketamine and methodone. He seems to think she is amazing but after a year + of nerve blocks and dry needling on top of al..."

January 12, 2016
  • A new 1.8-star rating has been posted. "I am so sorry for anyone suffering months or years of pain and being sent to this doctor. She has biases against certain people and/or is selectively deciding ..."

January 4, 2016
  • A new 2.5-star rating has been posted. "Now, I see what people mean that Brenda just passes you off... It hurt in more ways than one. Her clinic is definitely a business that has burst at the seems ..."

October 12, 2015
  • A new 2.2-star rating has been posted. "Change Pain is a business. No personal attention. You go through the steps in a prescribed order. I hope other people have better results than I, which were ..."

October 11, 2015
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "I could go into great details of my negative experience but if you suffer from chronic pain then you know even writing this takes incredible effort . Bottom lin..."

August 28, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Where do I even begin? When no one in my city would acknowledge and treat my pain she stepped up to the challenge and has never given up on me. Just within ou..."

May 6, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I must admit it is hard to swim up stream in a world that is ten years behind. However, this is exactly. What Dr. Brenda Lau is all about. The amazing thing is ..."

October 23, 2014
  • A new 1.2-star rating has been posted. "Where are the other negative comments that were on this sight before? This doctor pre adjudicates certain patients. If you see her make sure you are given clin..."

October 4, 2014
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Lau has been amazing for me. While the underlying condition has not improved, my ability to manage the pain has improved greatly. Other staff at the clinic ..."

October 1, 2014