Ratings for Dr. Chih-Ho Hong

I think Dr. Hong is an amazing dermatologist. I have seen him for both medical and cosmetic treatments. He is very knowledgeable and skilled. I read the reviews and was surprised that many of them were negative as he is a straight forward Doctor and tells it like it is. He is very busy and I fail to understand why these other people find it so difficult to believe that sometimes you have to wait to see a specialist. He has always been highly professional and kind to me and my son . His medical staff seem a bit hurried because they are. It is a busy medical office. I have seen them dealing with impatient people and d his staff do the best they can. Also his staff at skinfitmd are exceptional in every way. I would recommend him to anyone for medical and cosmetic treatments. He is about patient care and not about ripping you off like other cometic clinics do. Thanks, Dr. Hong.

flag | Submitted June 16, 2017

I had a bad flare up of eczema all over my body last year and it wasn't until the suggestion of my GP that if it got worse before my Derm referral that I should go to St. Paul's emergency. Luckily, my referral was very quick and I had an appt but then I also had a call from St. Paul's so I figured it would be good to have a second opinion as well. I just wanted to find some sort of answer as eczema can be a very depressing and debilitating disease. I had the Resident dr greet me at first and after Dr. Hong came in. I didn't have too much hope as I already looked at reviews for Dr. Hong while I was in the waiting room... Turns out I was right. He had a rude bedside manner (wasn't very empathetic or seemed like he wanted to figure out why or what made me flare up) and he made me feel like an exhibit in front of his resident (I don't mind other Drs being there - it was his tone and rudeness that made me feel ashamed of what was going on with my skin) . What made me most upset was when he was writing down notes, he casually started talking about his great vacation in Europe and then gave me advice that I could easily google, and suggested that I stick with the Derm that I was referred to. If you're looking for someone that shows that they care, are considerate about your feelings and want to help you in all the ways they can - this Doctor is not for you.

flag | Submitted April 21, 2017

Dr. Hong is great. He is the 3rd dermatologist doctor I had to see before my problem was resolve. The staff are friendly too. I have been seeing him for 1-2years now but be careful not to miss an appointment. I got charged a fee for missing my first appointment after a solid year of missing none.

flag | Submitted March 29, 2017

He doesn't explain thing very clear. Needs to be friendly and open with patients. Feel like in a prison when visiting him. He needs to explain more good and bad side effect to medication

flag | Submitted March 4, 2017

We waited for an hour and a half for this doctor with my six year old! I saw him coming back with food while we were waiting. He was unapologetic and flip and not very helpful, referring us to another doctor.

Submitted March 3, 2017

Very skilled and knowledgeable doctor. Great at explaining the details, and welcomes questions. Happy to have him.

flag | Submitted January 21, 2017

Professional friendly skilled. I have seen many dermatologists throughout the years and he is the most competent one I have encountered.

flag | Submitted December 12, 2016

I see Dr. Hong many times for various skin issues and beauty treatments. I find to be him very skilled, knowledgeable warm and friendly. He addressed my concerns efficiently and directly didn't waste my time. The staff is great, the service is great , the work is great and my results are magnificent. I highly recommend Dr. Hong if you are looking for excellent work.

flag | Submitted December 9, 2016

I had all kinds of treatments, lasers and Botox for probably 5 years and it was always the best. He is excellent and I would recommend him anytime.

flag | Submitted November 23, 2016

Dr. Hong and his assistant Jane are fabulous! They take time to answer questions and they explain all procedures thoroughly. I would highly recommend Dr. Hong for any skin treatment - he is a true artist who really knows his stuff!!

flag | Submitted July 29, 2016