Ratings for Dr. Chih-Ho Hong

Dr. Hong is friendly n profesional. He is good explaining all the procedures n he's very patient!!!

flag | Submitted October 11, 2017

Waited 3 months for an appointment after a referral from my regular doctor. Showed up for my 11:00am. Sat there waiting until 12:15 and then had to leave to go back to work. The doctor never showed up. At first the receptionist didn't know where he was, but tracked him down next door (in his cosmetic practice) in a procedure. It's not like an emergency room, he knew he had a procedure. I don't appreciate my time being wasted, and will not waste any more with this guy. The receptionist and resident were nice and apologetic. I actually felt sorry for them, having to apologize for their boss. Reading the other reviews its something they have to do very often. The sad part is it really doesn't matter if he gets good reviews or bad, he'll be booked solid regardless, thanks to the terrible state of the BC medical system and the lack of doctors here.

flag | Submitted August 23, 2017

He is a very rude doctor with lots of attitude. I got an appointment after 6 months long wait. So, I asked him about other two problems apart from what I was referred to him for. He said I cannot ask him 2-3 things together because he had already spent 12-15 minutes on me, which he clearly did not. He hardly spent 5-7 minutes. He is very money minded and not empathetic at all. I would never go to him again and would not recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted July 5, 2017

I think Dr. Hong is an amazing dermatologist. I have seen him for both medical and cosmetic treatments. He is very knowledgeable and skilled. I read the reviews and was surprised that many of them were negative as he is a straight forward Doctor and tells it like it is. He is very busy and I fail to understand why these other people find it so difficult to believe that sometimes you have to wait to see a specialist. He has always been highly professional and kind to me and my son . His medical staff seem a bit hurried because they are. It is a busy medical office. I have seen them dealing with impatient people and d his staff do the best they can. Also his staff at skinfitmd are exceptional in every way. I would recommend him to anyone for medical and cosmetic treatments. He is about patient care and not about ripping you off like other cometic clinics do. Thanks, Dr. Hong.

flag | Submitted June 16, 2017

I had a bad flare up of eczema all over my body last year and it wasn't until the suggestion of my GP that if it got worse before my Derm referral that I should go to St. Paul's emergency. Luckily, my referral was very quick and I had an appt but then I also had a call from St. Paul's so I figured it would be good to have a second opinion as well. I just wanted to find some sort of answer as eczema can be a very depressing and debilitating disease. I had the Resident dr greet me at first and after Dr. Hong came in. I didn't have too much hope as I already looked at reviews for Dr. Hong while I was in the waiting room... Turns out I was right. He had a rude bedside manner (wasn't very empathetic or seemed like he wanted to figure out why or what made me flare up) and he made me feel like an exhibit in front of his resident (I don't mind other Drs being there - it was his tone and rudeness that made me feel ashamed of what was going on with my skin) . What made me most upset was when he was writing down notes, he casually started talking about his great vacation in Europe and then gave me advice that I could easily google, and suggested that I stick with the Derm that I was referred to. If you're looking for someone that shows that they care, are considerate about your feelings and want to help you in all the ways they can - this Doctor is not for you.

flag | Submitted April 21, 2017

Dr. Hong is great. He is the 3rd dermatologist doctor I had to see before my problem was resolve. The staff are friendly too. I have been seeing him for 1-2years now but be careful not to miss an appointment. I got charged a fee for missing my first appointment after a solid year of missing none.

flag | Submitted March 29, 2017

He doesn't explain thing very clear. Needs to be friendly and open with patients. Feel like in a prison when visiting him. He needs to explain more good and bad side effect to medication

flag | Submitted March 4, 2017

We waited for an hour and a half for this doctor with my six year old! I saw him coming back with food while we were waiting. He was unapologetic and flip and not very helpful, referring us to another doctor.

Submitted March 3, 2017

Very skilled and knowledgeable doctor. Great at explaining the details, and welcomes questions. Happy to have him.

flag | Submitted January 21, 2017

Having recovered from my post procedure visit yesterday with Dr. Hong and his personable and skilled assistant Jane...which has produced great results as usual... I noticed that my feeble fingers struck the one star for staff when everything about this office is 5 star! Thanks to Dr. Hong and Jane I have the skin of a woman 20 years younger! Heather C

Submitted December 13, 2016