Dr. Yamen Ghamian

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Yamen Ghamian

Amazing doctor with amazing stuff. Great experience with excellent job. Trying to do the best helping refugees for free. A+++

flag | Submitted September 28, 2017

A patient since Dr. Ghamian began his practice. A great experience every time.

flag | Submitted September 8, 2017

Dr. Ghamian is the best dentist I've encountered, and I have encountered many as I have cavity prone teeth. He has strong technical competence and at the same time very sensible in his approach. My daughter, like myself, has cavity prone teeth. We brought her to a pediatric dentist, who identified the need for many fillings and/or potential extractions and advised that the only way to treat her is under general anesthetics to minimize the trauma (and there were no other options). We were not convinced so we asked Dr. Ghamian to treat her. He provided her with excellent treatment using local anesthetics. Results: she received her treatment, is not traumatized, and is enthusiastic about going to the dentist. Imagine that, a 4.5-year-old who had extractions and fillings but still likes the dentist. He is now our family dentist, and we readily recommend him to all family and friends. We have all received excellent treatment and continue to be impressed with his abilities, approach, and overall competence.

flag | Submitted July 9, 2017

We have been very pleased with the professionalism of the staff and Dr. Ghamian. They are pro active in dental health care and have always been concerned about the welfare and needs of the patient. If you have an emergency he has always gone out of his way to look after you. We would have no hesitation in referring anyone to him.

flag | Submitted June 23, 2017

I have been frightened of dentists for as long as I can remember. Dr Ghamian put me at ease as soon as I sit in the chair. He's gentle and helpful, and I can truly tell he wants to make my visit as pleasant/comfortable as possible. I am still afraid of dentists, but I drive 90 minutes to get to Dr. Ghamian because he is so amazing. Also, the freezing and needles are my worst nightmare, and he takes his time to ensure as painless as possible. I can't say enough good things about him. You won't be disappointed.

flag | Submitted May 25, 2017

Nobody likes to go to the dentist but when I go to get work done by Dr. Ghamian, my experience is always positive. He is an excellent dentist but also a very nice person. The staff at Centrum are also great. Also, I love that I can watch TV/a movie while getting work done!

flag | Submitted May 10, 2017

Dr. Ghamian was referred to me by a friend, and from my first visit, it has been only a positive experience. All the staff at Centrum Dental are awesome. Any contacts, either by mail, by phone or in person, are very professional but 'friendly' at the same time. Dr. Ghamian is highly skilled, and ensures that I am confortable and pain free during treatment. I trust his sound advice, and that he will help me achieve and maintain dental health.

flag | Submitted May 1, 2017

I went to dental and graduate school with Yamen. He is a bright professional guy. I recommend him to anyone moving to the Ottawa region. I have only heard great things and thanks back from these patients.

flag | Submitted January 12, 2017

Great experience every time. Very helpful and my daughter loves going to Dr. Ghamian.

flag | Submitted December 7, 2016

The level of care I received from Dr. Ghamian far exceeded my expectations. I had to have several cavities filled, a procedure I was very nervous about, but Dr. Ghamian did an excellent job. Before beginning the procedure, Dr. Ghamian took the time to explain the process and to put my mind at ease, and throughout the appointment both he and his assistant took great care to make sure I was comfortable. I have nothing but positive things to say about Dr. Ghamian and the staff at Centrum Dental. My parents have been seeing Dr. Ghamian for several years and I am so pleased that I have become a patient at Centrum Dental as well. I have had a fear of the dentist for a long time, but as a result of the positive experience I had with Dr. Ghamian and the Centurm Dental team I no longer dread going to the dentist and have recommended the clinic to several of my friends. Thank you Dr. Ghamian!

flag | Submitted July 14, 2016

Dr. Yamen Ghamian's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Ghamian graduated McGill Dentistry with the top marks of his graduating class while also being the youngest member of his class. He received many awards, including: • the Dr. Thornton Gold Medal, for highest standings for the dental degree program • the Prix Aldis Bernard, given for excellence in academic achievements in dentistry • the Prix Dr. Jean-Robert Vincent, for excellence in special care (Geriatric) dentistry • the Pierre Fauchard prize for outstanding student leadership and fellowship Dr. Ghamian also obtained numerous scholarships during dental school including: • the McConnell Scholarship • the Pierre Fauchard Academy Scholarship • the Faculty of Dentistry Summer Research Scholarship Dr. Ghamian, your Kanata dentist, has successfully completed the American Dental Association National Boards Part I and Part II and the National Dental Examining Board of Canada Exams. He is currently licensed with the Royal College of Dental Surgeons of Ontario, and is a member of the Ontario Dental Association, the Academy of General Dentistry, and the International Association of Orthodontists. After dental school, Yamen went on to do a one year residency at the University of Michigan, one of the top three dental schools in the United States. There he attained an Advanced Education in General Dentistry certificate. This education gave him advanced knowledge of cosmetic and periodontal dentistry. It also gave him a solid hold of behaviour modification, a skill essential in paediatric dentistry. After residency, Dr Ghamian chose to make Ottawa his home, where he lives with his wife Hadia and two daughters. Dr Ghamian is a Fellow in the Academy of General Dentistry (FAGD), a designation obtained after completing among other things, 500 hours of continuing education courses and passing the tough fellowship exam of the AGD. It is a designation that only 7% of academy members have.

• English
  • French

• McGill Dentistry (Grad. 2002)
  • University of Michigan (Grad. 2003)

• Fellow of Academy of General Dentistry