Dr. Margus Heinmaa

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Margus Heinmaa

My partner was impressed by the doctor’s good reviews, and contacted his office for an appointment. He was told he would be available in three months and he would be called. Well, nothing happened and some more months went by and he called again to find out where he might be on the waiting list. Sara promised to call him back, but didn’t bother. He called again only to be told the doctor would not be available for a few months. Ultimately, six months were wasted. It’s not fair to string people along when they are looking for help.

flag | Submitted February 18, 2019

With care, measure, compassion, and a lot of great strategies and tools, Dr. Heinmaa has helped me repeatedly come out of a very low place. He has faith in me and provides me with constant encouragement. He challenges me to be a bolder and better version of myself and my work with him has "paid off" in so many important areas of my life. He is the most patient, compassionate, and expert therapist I have come across. My heartfelt thanks to you Dr. Heinmaa for our work together and the way you have changed my life.

flag | Submitted January 13, 2019

I had worked with Dr. Heinmaa last year and he is an exceptional therapist. I have worked with many therapists in the past and I find many times they are only there to listen. Dr. Heinmaa is very relatable and knowledgeable, giving sound and rational advice. I felt not judged and confident in sharing. He asks the right questions and has helped me in so many ways from the way I process my own thoughts to an understanding of my past and how that affects the way I am today. I am truly fortunate to have had the opportunity to have met Dr. Heinmaa.

flag | Submitted March 19, 2018

This man is the truth. He listens, hears you out before providing solutions. Extremely professional, compassionate but when needed he will tell it to you "like it is". You could tell he's been at this for a long time, and he's honed his skills very well. Many "therapists" have worked forever but the years don't always equate to them being an excellent therapist. Would recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted February 4, 2018

brilliant experience with this brilliant psychologist

flag | Submitted June 20, 2017

I saw Dr Heinmaa for about nine sessions and really noticed a great improvement in my mood and actually my life in general. I am grateful to you Dr heinmaa for your skill, kindness, patience, and belief in me. The impact of our sessions will stay with me forever...I would recommend Dr heinmaa to my family and friends and anyone who is struggling with mental health issues or wants to be a better version of him/herself. If I could leave you 6/5s, I would...

flag | Submitted April 20, 2017

I would highly recommend Dr. Heinmaa to anyone with mental health concerns - however major or minor. Not only is he compassionate, kind, and warm, but he offers practical and actionable solutions (he's not just there to listen to my problems). I waited a while to see him but it was well worth it. He offers solace and solutions, and after our work together, I now feel better equipped to take on life's challenges and hardships. Thank you Dr. Heinmaa!!!

flag | Submitted March 15, 2017

I would highly recommend Dr. Heinmaa to anyone who needs to see a psychologist or simply have a third-party opinion on a complex matter. Dr. Heinmaa is very engaging, knowledgeable and patient. I was very pleased that after one appointment, he helped me with two complex situations. It was my first appointment and I will definitely go back when I will need advice on another complex matter. The Change Clinic is also conveniently located in the city near public transportation.

flag | Submitted October 9, 2016

Fantastic and highly recommend!! Best psychologist in the city!!!

flag | Submitted October 4, 2016

I walked in to my first ever psycho-therapy session with doubts and high walls. I was doubtful and skeptical that clinical psychology would be of any value for myself. I was never much of a self-help type of person and always thought it was all fluffy and not fact/logic based. However, upon meeting Dr. Heinmaa, that quickly changed. The conversations were intriguing and interesting. Dr. Heinmaa is patient, understanding, astute and intelligent. He probes and asks the right questions in getting you to think in areas where things may have been buried or ignored. Dr. Heinmaa is brilliant. He seeks results and knows what is needed without going around a long winded path. He understands what you seek and helps you get there. I am very fortunate to have met and been under Dr. Heinmaa care. He has changed my view on therapy and I would highly recommend him to anyone looking for a psychologist.

flag | Submitted October 16, 2015