Ratings for Dr. Kayal Thevathasan

Dr T has cared for all three of my children since birth. She has always thoughtfully listened to our concerns and referred to other specialists when necessary. When our first born was an infant and faced a scary medical situation she quickly aligned all of the care he needed and ensured that he was properly followed up. If you are going to choose a doctor in Guelph who would treat your child as her own, please choose Dr. T.

flag | Submitted July 20, 2016

This doctor is horrible and mean in my opinion. She is an overall awful doctor and if you dont agree and ask for a second opinion she gets angry and lets her personal feelings dictate over health. I would not let her touch any more of my family members at all. She kicked my 17 year old granddaughter out of the hospital with a blocked bile duct leading to her liver because she asked for a second opinion . She was denied that opportunity and when we attained one anyhow and a specialist was called in , as soon as this doctor T was informed she went ahead and cancelled the referral and discharged this child with a blocked bile duct and high liver numbers. We ended up back at emerg the same night and she was admitted to hospital and scheduled for surgery right away. I would not let this feeble attempt at a doctor touch my rat never mind a human being. Horrible !!!!

flag | Submitted April 28, 2016

My husband and I along with our nine month old baby just moved to Guelph. I chose this doctor mainly based on the ratings off of this website. I did a bit of research, and moved forward with my first appointment with her. Being new to Guelph, I had gotten lost finding my way to her office. I was five minutes late and I was rudely notified by the doctor that I'm going to have to wait another two hours before my baby can be seen. All with the comment of " you were late son that's your fault your waiting now" that's not even my major problem with her. When she did come back to see my daughter, two hours later. She measured my daughters school with a specific measuring tape. My daughter had not seen this lady before nor was she emotional or sympathetic to my daughters tears. She forcefully pushed her thumb on my daughters four head leaving a very beautiful proves to be seeing the next day. She also got upset with my daughter that my daughter was grabbing her hands trying to push them away from her. She was rude, uneducated, and has absolutely no clue what she's talking about. I cannot believe I even wasted my time going to see this horrible doctor. She's lucky I didn't press charges. Word of advice to you Dr., you need to make sure you understand what it is to be a pediatrician. Children are blessings, don't treat it as a task that you're looking after them. Treated as a gift. I left you and I'm going to a wonderful doctor that has nothing but good things said about him.

flag | Submitted April 26, 2016

We have been very disappointed in the care we received for our child. We have been seeing Dr. T for the past few months regarding our child's development, and she has dismissed all our concerns and has been very short with us at every visit. Some visits it feels as if she is meeting with us just to collect her paycheck from the government. And her staff is terrible. Pleasant enough, but terrible at getting back to you about referrals. We are currently looking for another paediatrician.

flag | Submitted April 7, 2016

Overall, she was nice and her staff friendly. But I was not impressed with her responses to my concern over my son's language development. For over a year and a half I brought up concerns that my son wasn't developing language at the rate he should. Her response was to send him to daycare (I'm a SAHM). She never informed me of wee talk or encouraged me to seek speech therapy. We moved and changed doctors. Our new doctor took my concerns seriously and sent my son to a speech therapist who has informed us our son is speech delayed with a language processing disorder and auditory sensory issue. Dr. T. is good if you have health concerns, but if you have concerns over your child's development, prepare to be ignored and blown off.

flag | Submitted January 20, 2016

Dr. T is fantastic. We've been with her since 2013 with the birth of our first child, and now with our second. She is absolutely fantastic, but I do agree that her office will tell you to go to a walk-in or ER in an emergency--she hasn't been able to accommodate us last minute on most occasions. She doesn't have a nurse practitioner or others in her office to handle overflow--it's just her--so keep that in mind if you want to use her. Other than that, I've found her to be incredible and wouldn't go to anyone else.

flag | Submitted December 7, 2015

My husband and I are so upset with my sons care. Dr. Thevathesan completely and blatantly ignored my sons urinary symptoms and results. He is now hospitalized with sepsis and a serious kidney infection. If she had taken us and him more seriously we could avoided a week long hospital stay.

flag | Submitted October 19, 2015

My son has been going to Dr. T since day one. She's always been helpful and friendly. And able to answer any questions so we understand what's going on and what we need to know.

flag | Submitted October 18, 2015

Dr. Kayal is very nice and knowledgeable. I recommends..

flag | Submitted August 27, 2015

Dr T is amazing she has help my daughter from the day she was born

flag | Submitted February 11, 2015