You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Kayal Thevathasan

Overall, she was nice and her staff friendly. But I was not impressed with her responses to my concern over my son's language development. For over a year and a half I brought up concerns that my son wasn't developing language at the rate he should. Her response was to send him to daycare (I'm a SAHM). She never informed me of wee talk or encouraged me to seek speech therapy. We moved and changed doctors. Our new doctor took my concerns seriously and sent my son to a speech therapist who has informed us our son is speech delayed with a language processing disorder and auditory sensory issue. Dr. T. is good if you have health concerns, but if you have concerns over your child's development, prepare to be ignored and blown off.

flag | Submitted January 20, 2016

Dr. T is fantastic. We've been with her since 2013 with the birth of our first child, and now with our second. She is absolutely fantastic, but I do agree that her office will tell you to go to a walk-in or ER in an emergency--she hasn't been able to accommodate us last minute on most occasions. She doesn't have a nurse practitioner or others in her office to handle overflow--it's just her--so keep that in mind if you want to use her. Other than that, I've found her to be incredible and wouldn't go to anyone else.

flag | Submitted December 7, 2015

My husband and I are so upset with my sons care. Dr. Thevathesan completely and blatantly ignored my sons urinary symptoms and results. He is now hospitalized with sepsis and a serious kidney infection. If she had taken us and him more seriously we could avoided a week long hospital stay.

flag | Submitted October 19, 2015

My son has been going to Dr. T since day one. She's always been helpful and friendly. And able to answer any questions so we understand what's going on and what we need to know.

flag | Submitted October 18, 2015

Dr. Kayal is very nice and knowledgeable. I recommends..

flag | Submitted August 27, 2015

Dr T is amazing she has help my daughter from the day she was born

flag | Submitted February 11, 2015

Dr. T and Marlene are both nice and great with kids. I do agree though with two of the concerns below - first, on her discouraging breastfeeding. Even though both my daughter and I were doing great with breastfeeding, she always seemed to be suggesting that we switch to formula. She actually acts like she finds breastfeeding kind of distasteful and is surprised that anyone would be willing to do it. Second, they used to try to fit us in when there was an emergency, but nowadays they just tell you to go to a walk-in clinic or the ER, which is not much help.

flag | Submitted January 20, 2015

Dr. T and Marlene are amazing. Dr. T is very thorough especially when it comes to investigations to find out what is wrong. My son loves her. She is patient, kind, and friendly. Marlene is great as well, always doing what she can to squeeze people in when they need to be seen.

flag | Submitted November 7, 2014

My son is 10 mths and I'd have NO OTHER Dr her and her staff are awesome

flag | Submitted November 6, 2014

My wife and I have been taking our kids to Dr. T., for a few years now. I am unimpressed. When we tried to book appointments for the kids if they were sick there never seemed to be any urgency to see them. Nore did they seem to care, the standard response was... "Take them to the E.R. Or a walk-in clinic". What is the point of having a doctor who keeps sending you to someone else? Most recently my son had to get stitches. We called Dr. T., at the request of the E.R. Doctor to have the stitches removed and again we were told to go back to the E.R. Dr. T., seems to be in the health profession to pick up a pay cheque, not to help the sick. I myself am a heart patient and have dealt with many different docs over the years. I have never met one so dismissive. I am highly disappointed that an indevidual who has taken an oath to provide care to children is so poorly prepared to do so.

flag | Submitted October 16, 2014

Dr. Kayal Thevathasan's Credentials

Updates

• A new 3-star rating has been posted. "Overall, she was nice and her staff friendly. But I was not impressed with her responses to my concern over my son's language development. For over a year and a..."

January 20, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. T is fantastic. We've been with her since 2013 with the birth of our first child, and now with our second. She is absolutely fantastic, but I do agree that ..."

December 7, 2015
  • A new 2.5-star rating has been posted. "My husband and I are so upset with my sons care. Dr. Thevathesan completely and blatantly ignored my sons urinary symptoms and results. He is now hospitalized w..."

October 19, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "My son has been going to Dr. T since day one. She's always been helpful and friendly. And able to answer any questions so we understand what's going on and what..."

October 18, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Kayal is very nice and knowledgeable. I recommends.."

August 27, 2015
  • Postal Code has been updated from "N1C1" to "N1E 4J5". Address has been updated from "None" to "125 Delhi St, Guelph". Phone Number has been updated from "None" to "15198363244".

June 3, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "Dr T is amazing she has help my daughter from the day she was born"

February 11, 2015
  • A new 3.5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. T and Marlene are both nice and great with kids. I do agree though with two of the concerns below - first, on her discouraging breastfeeding. Even though bo..."

January 20, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. T and Marlene are amazing. Dr. T is very thorough especially when it comes to investigations to find out what is wrong. My son loves her. She is patient, k..."

November 7, 2014
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "My son is 10 mths and I'd have NO OTHER Dr her and her staff are awesome"

November 6, 2014
  • A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "My wife and I have been taking our kids to Dr. T., for a few years now. I am unimpressed. When we tried to book appointments for the kids if they were sick th..."

October 16, 2014