Ratings for Dr. James Lacey

Years ago my son broke his hand. The hospital referred us to Dr.Lacey. He was caring and looked after my sons needs and concerns. I highly recommend him. Thank you

flag | Submitted October 3, 2017

Great doctor! Really listens and try's to do everything he can to help you. He's performed one finger surgery on my finger that I've had lots of difficulties with.

flag | Submitted July 8, 2017

Always seems like he has better things to do. Brushes off my concerns after a tenolysis surgery. I wasn't happy with the results after two years of physical therapy and pain I went back. I was brushed off and my concerns were not addressed. Dr. Lacey told me that he was happy however I wasn't and I expressed that to him. Wouldn't even give me the time of day.

Submitted April 19, 2017

Dr. James Lacey

Dr. James Lacey's response
I am sorry you feel this way. I have telephoned several times and left a message for you to call back. I will make myself available at anytime that suits you to listen to your concerns, and see if anything further can be done to help you.

Submitted May 2, 2017

Am 40 years old I have man bobs and it's impersing for me as guy to have very big size Man bobs its effect my life my job so I have to Take my decision to remove them to normal life I talk to many cosmetic doctors they all ask me to lose 150 lbs am 350 lbs to lose 150 is impossible I can't do that's the maximum I lose is 50 lbs why they want me to lose that's much wight because for them is hard because am big guy. One of my friends recommended me Dr Lacey I see him and he's the best man for what he do I think I did the surgery am very happy man And kanaka plastic surgery they have very good stuff and lovel nurses I want thanks them for what they did for me and for their care thanks

flag | Submitted April 18, 2017

Dr.Lacey changed my life. Very satisfied with 300cc sitex round high profile implants.

flag | Submitted March 15, 2017

Walking into the doctors office I was extremely nervous about going to see someone about my breast problem. Leaving the office after my procedure I felt like a new person. I am not sure that I can express how much my procedure has changed how I feel and how confident I am again. I still have to look and make sure that it is really me! I can't thank Dr Lacey enough for listening to me and helping me decide what I should do. He really wanted the best for me and I am so glad that I trusted him and went ahead with the procedure.

flag | Submitted January 18, 2017

It was worth the long wait to see Dr Lacey. He is an excellent surgeon and I am back to 100% after my surgery. Very grateful and thankful to have him as my surgeon.

flag | Submitted November 19, 2016

I had a breast lift with Dr. Lacey and I'm very very pleased with the result. The whole experience was positive from the staff in the office to the nurses and surgical staff. Dr. Lacey is a very caring and patient doctor and made me feel confident through the entire process. I highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted October 24, 2016

He is a total quack. Not sure how he acquired his license. He is only interested in his bottom line, not his patients. He totally screwed up my husband's surgery by failing to follow through and just walked away. My husband paid dearly for his mistake. He didn't even care after he passed us off to the real Doctors.

flag | Submitted October 21, 2016

I had liposuction with Dr Lacey and I found the entire expeeience to have been quite excellent. Dr Lacey was highly professional and very skillful. He was reassuring and I felt informed throughout the procedure. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend him to my friends and family.

flag | Submitted September 27, 2016

Dr. James Lacey's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. James Lacey attended medical school at McGill University in Montreal, Canada. Upon graduation in 1994, he went on to complete a Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery residency at the McGill University Health Centre in Montreal. Dr. Lacey spent 10 years at McGill University for his training. Dr. Lacey then assumed the role of Hand Fellow and Instructor in Hand Surgery during a one year fellowship in Hand and Microsurgery at the University of Rochester, New York. In 2000 he founded Barrie Plastic Surgery and went on staff at the Royal Victoria Hospital (RVH) of Barrie. During his 5 years at the RVH in Barrie, he organized a hand therapy program that is essential for the treatment and rehabilitation of hand and wrist patients. He also formed a Wound Care Program to provide education, prevention, and treatment of patients with wounds. He was a member of the Women’s Breast Health Committee and participated in the local Breast Cancer Support Group because of his interest in breast reconstruction. While in Barrie, Dr. Lacey had staff privileges at the Collingwood Marine and General Hospital, and Huronia District and Memorial Hospital. For several years Dr. Lacey also performed cosmetic surgery at the Cosmetic Surgery Hospital in Woodbridge, just north of Toronto. This hospital was dedicated solely to cosmetic surgery and was one of the oldest and most established private hospitals in Canada. It was owned and operated by the renowned and respected Plastic and Cosmetic surgeon, Dr. Lloyd Carlsen. With this experience Dr. Lacey moved to Ottawa in 2006 and founded Kanata Plastic and Cosmetic Surgery, the only stand-alone private cosmetic surgical facility in Ottawa. Dr. Lacey has now been a cosmetic surgeon for more than 15 years. The past 10 years have seen him working at KPCS in his private operating room where he confidently performs all kinds of cosmetic surgery on his patients and proudly delivers beautiful results. Dr. Lacey is proud that Kanata Plastic and Cosmetic Surgery also features a well-established non-surgical practice that includes neuromodulator and filler injection being done by a CANS certified nurse injector as well as medical esthetics. The clinic is recognized as a platinum status clinic for neurotoxin and filler. Dr. Lacey’s experience also includes: Being invited to performing 6 cosmetic surgery segments on CTV Mid-day in 2015 A cosmetic consultant to the NAV Spa in Cornwall Ontario, where he occasionally travelled to perform clinics and consults Having medical students and out of country visiting plastic surgeons (Canadian, middle east and Australian) observe his cosmetic surgeries Invited guest speaker on abdominoplasty and mastopexy at Quebec Society of Plastic Surgeons Annual Meeting in Montreal 2013. being a “luminary” physician and first physician in the Ottawa area to offer the Venus Freeze non-surgical skin tightening treatment (featured on TV shows such as the Doctors and Extra). He is an active member of the: Canadian Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery, American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery American Society of Plastic Surgery, Canadian Society of Plastic Surgery, National Capital Society of Plastic Sugery Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons, College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario, Medico-Legal Society of Toronto, Academy of Medicine Ottawa, Ontario Medical Association, and a candidate member of the: American Board of Plastic Surgery American Society for Surgery of the Hand.

• English
  • French

• Mcgill Medical School (Grad. 1994)

GHI