Ratings for Dr. James Lacey

First of all I want to say "WOW"! My experience with Dr. Lacey and his staff was very impressive. I have never walked into a medical office where I've felt like a human being and not a number. The front desk staff was very polite and courteous, his nurses were very comforting and pleasant, and Dr. Lacey was comforting and actually listened to my complaint with care ( had one breast reduced). He told me after our consultation "I will do everything I possibly can to make you fell better" (about my complaint). And he was right...did not have any pain at all and I am very happy with the results. I highly recommend him for treatment. But remember, all cases are different and the results may vary as he explains at his consultation. Great job to you and your staff. 5 stars for sure!!! NA

Submitted April 11, 2015

Not happy with the surgeries performed, one had to be completely revised. Not a natural look that was desired. I am Left with many scars that are very obvious to having had surgery. I am embarrassed that I don't want to show my procedures and I feel less comfortable than before. I've also spent more money on trying to heal the scars and to cover up what has been done. I would not recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted September 26, 2016

When I came back after my operation I had to hug him!!! He changed my life; he took away a large amount of pain that I thought I would have to live with forever. meditation, medication,e tc I was not able to find any relief. So like many others I decided to do some research for myself and found a possible and unorthodox solution. Due to Several health issues I suffer from Chronic pain and Fibromyalgia. I've done all the research, I eat well, I do not stress, I meditate and exercise daily, I drink plenty of water, I go to support groups, but nothing helped. So I started "listening" to my body, what was it telling me? And then I did some research - this has to have crossed other people's minds before I told myself. I was able to find a few cases, bring together a couple of medical journal documents and feel comfortable with what I thought might be a chance at reduced pain. I met Dr. Lacey the first time and explained my situation to him, then I presented him with my idea. He did not dismiss it as I thought a doctor might do - remember I have no training - and instead he took the time to review my thoughts and contemplate the issue. Dr. Lacey met with me again and again, never with any pressure to sign on, until we were both comfortable with our plan of action. And then I signed on for this experiment - we had a 50/50 chance. But with Dr. Lacey I had a 100% chance at 'trying'. I thank him every day for that. Months later I have healed marvelously, the work performed was that of a very talented and qualified surgeon I would return to again. His staff were all amazing during the operation and afterwards, I always felt safe. And, now that I am back I can say that the pain we centered on IS GONE!!! He did what no other could do over the last decade. His skills are exceptional. And in addition, he believed his patient, he allowed me to say "I think this is what my body is telling me'. Of course I still have several other areas that hurt me daily and life is not perfect. But the area we tackled is pain free and that is the most wonderful thing in the world to me! All I can say is that when I can I will be returning to see Dr. Lacey because he has allowed me to live more of my life; and it is my ultimate goal to live it to the fullest! So you see why I would recommend him, and why I had to hug him. :)

flag | Submitted September 9, 2016

I wouldn't ever go back to him, he's not articulate, gave me a bad liposuction. Other doctor's called it 'over aggressive' removal of fat in the wrong areas. It's uneven and can't be fixed. Go to someone with a better track record. I emailed him after with pictures and describing my displeasure and was ignored. I'm so grateful I didn't let him up sell me on the butt implants he claimed would be good for me. He would have only made matters worse.

flag | Submitted July 15, 2016

Know of a recent breast reduction surgery that was not done well. Breasts did not look alike. Infection in 1 breast. Exercise caution! If you read the 5-star ratings, they all appear to be written with the same writing style. Co-incidence?

flag | Submitted July 5, 2016

The two older receptionists were very rude and have changed my mind of ever coming here for my proccedures. Sorely disappointed.

flag | Submitted June 29, 2016

I had liposuction with Dr Lacey and I am really happy with my results. He spent a great deal of time with me and patiently answered all my question. I felt completely confident going into surgery and had a great expéience. I would not hesitate to recommend him to my friends and family.

flag | Submitted June 15, 2016

Dr Lacey is probably the smartest man I've ever met, he's just so compassionate and speaks so intelligently and doesn't make you feel stupid. He just did my tummy, everything was explained to me and I felt so comfortable. My results are amazing, can't wait for bathing suit season!

Submitted May 10, 2016

The staff was so messy they changed my moms appointment twice in the 24hours my moms surgury was schedueled for and on top of that I know that they give the doctors and the centres phone numbers in case of emergency but for a tummy tuck a doctor should keep a close watch on his patients they dont want to see her until 8 days after her sugery and thats a maybe! Thats a red flag to me i dont like it and its not even the doctor seeing her its his nurse.......

Submitted May 10, 2016

STAY AWAY from this so called "cosmetic surgeon" The surgery was horrific and I was made to feel as if I was just a bother to him and his nurse.His nurse is a cold *itch.Don't be fooled by the pretty Youtube videos about this clinic,because real surgery is NOTHING like the videos show but the exact opposite. I came in to talk about one procedure and Lacey tried to push more procedures on me and when I put my foot down,he got all pissy and rude with me.I should have walked away right there and then. STAY FAR FAR AWAY

Submitted May 1, 2016

Dr. James Lacey's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. James Lacey attended medical school at McGill University in Montreal, Canada. Upon graduation in 1994, he went on to complete a Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery residency at the McGill University Health Centre in Montreal. Dr. Lacey spent 10 years at McGill University for his training. Dr. Lacey then assumed the role of Hand Fellow and Instructor in Hand Surgery during a one year fellowship in Hand and Microsurgery at the University of Rochester, New York. In 2000 he founded Barrie Plastic Surgery and went on staff at the Royal Victoria Hospital (RVH) of Barrie. During his 5 years at the RVH in Barrie, he organized a hand therapy program that is essential for the treatment and rehabilitation of hand and wrist patients. He also formed a Wound Care Program to provide education, prevention, and treatment of patients with wounds. He was a member of the Women’s Breast Health Committee and participated in the local Breast Cancer Support Group because of his interest in breast reconstruction. While in Barrie, Dr. Lacey had staff privileges at the Collingwood Marine and General Hospital, and Huronia District and Memorial Hospital. For several years Dr. Lacey also performed cosmetic surgery at the Cosmetic Surgery Hospital in Woodbridge, just north of Toronto. This hospital was dedicated solely to cosmetic surgery and was one of the oldest and most established private hospitals in Canada. It was owned and operated by the renowned and respected Plastic and Cosmetic surgeon, Dr. Lloyd Carlsen. With this experience Dr. Lacey moved to Ottawa in 2006 and founded Kanata Plastic and Cosmetic Surgery, the only stand-alone private cosmetic surgical facility in Ottawa. Dr. Lacey has now been a cosmetic surgeon for more than 15 years. The past 10 years have seen him working at KPCS in his private operating room where he confidently performs all kinds of cosmetic surgery on his patients and proudly delivers beautiful results. Dr. Lacey is proud that Kanata Plastic and Cosmetic Surgery also features a well-established non-surgical practice that includes neuromodulator and filler injection being done by a CANS certified nurse injector as well as medical esthetics. The clinic is recognized as a platinum status clinic for neurotoxin and filler. Dr. Lacey’s experience also includes: Being invited to performing 6 cosmetic surgery segments on CTV Mid-day in 2015 A cosmetic consultant to the NAV Spa in Cornwall Ontario, where he occasionally travelled to perform clinics and consults Having medical students and out of country visiting plastic surgeons (Canadian, middle east and Australian) observe his cosmetic surgeries Invited guest speaker on abdominoplasty and mastopexy at Quebec Society of Plastic Surgeons Annual Meeting in Montreal 2013. being a “luminary” physician and first physician in the Ottawa area to offer the Venus Freeze non-surgical skin tightening treatment (featured on TV shows such as the Doctors and Extra). He is an active member of the: Canadian Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery, American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery American Society of Plastic Surgery, Canadian Society of Plastic Surgery, National Capital Society of Plastic Sugery Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons, College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario, Medico-Legal Society of Toronto, Academy of Medicine Ottawa, Ontario Medical Association, and a candidate member of the: American Board of Plastic Surgery American Society for Surgery of the Hand.

• English
  • French

• Mcgill Medical School (Grad. 1994)