Ratings for Dr. James Lacey

Had abdominoplasty and tummy tuck about 2 and a half years ago. My healing has been absolutely great! Really happy, no lumps or bumps. Smooth scar!

flag | Submitted July 8, 2018

By far the best service and most professional in the Ottawa area! I visit regularly for Dysport (Botox) and filler, and the occasional peel. There is never any pressure to do more than you are comfortable with. At this clinic, patients/customer service comes first. The location is beautiful (in a beautifully redone stone building) with a professional and relaxed atmosphere. The staff are wonderful and ensure that you are comfortable from the time you checkin, have your treatments and checkout. Pricing is very competitive and service is top notch. I would highly recommend this clinic to anybody considering cosmetic surgery or treatments. I am certain that Dr Lacey and his team will exceed your expectations. They certainly have exceeded mine. Aside from my cosmetic treatment experience at this clinic, my husband at the pleasure of being stitched up by Dr. Lacey. Dr. Lacey’s bedside manner is fabulous. He is an ultimate professional and extremely knowledgable in his field. I would highly recommend Dr. Lacey.

flag | Submitted June 5, 2018

I have have Botox done by Elena and she’s amazing! All the staff are just so caring , experienced & knowledgeable. Dr. Lacey will help you target your goal look and provide additional advice and opinion where needed to enhance your best look. I’m so happy with every visit!

flag | Submitted May 24, 2018

Zero respect for patients time. Have waited almost an hour each time I have had to see him for a quick cortisone shot.

flag | Submitted May 4, 2018

I had a wonderful experience. Dr Lacey and his staff are very knowledgeable and experienced. I have had two surgeries with Dr Lacey, breast augmentation and rhinoplasty. I am so pleased and would highly recommend him. I was able to go back to work 10 days after my rhinoplasty and 14 days after my breast augmentation. I had little bruising, showing that Dr Lacey was very gentle and careful. Dr Lacey's office is also fully equipped with an approved/regulated surgery room, which is a huge advantage. I would recommend Dr Lacey, he is very attentive to detail, excellent as his job, and very caring. As well, based on my research, his costs were on line with other plastic surgeons in Ottawa.

flag | Submitted March 4, 2018

Last February I went in to have my breast implants removed. They were done by another doctor about 15 years prior. Although Dr. Lacey assured me my implants were still in good condition, he fully respected my decision to have them removed. This is more than I can say for other surgeons I’ve consulted with. During the procedure I was awake but frozen. Needless to say this could have been a very stressful experience but Dr. Lacey and his nurse were amazing through it all. They chatted and laughed with me, and made jokes when one implant was giving him a bit of a hard time to remove. They really put me at ease. A few weeks later I was concerned about the incision sweeling but was reassured it would go away, which it did. I am thrilled being all natural again. Dr. Lacey wasn’t optimistic that my breasts would “fluff up” after the removal but I’m happy to report they did. :)

flag | Submitted January 16, 2018

My entire experience with Dr Lacey and his staff was amazing. They are true professionals. My end result is absolutely perfect. I would recommend his practice to anyone. Absolutely amazing experience!!!

flag | Submitted November 9, 2017

Years ago my son broke his hand. The hospital referred us to Dr.Lacey. He was caring and looked after my sons needs and concerns. I highly recommend him. Thank you

flag | Submitted October 3, 2017

Great doctor! Really listens and try's to do everything he can to help you. He's performed one finger surgery on my finger that I've had lots of difficulties with.

flag | Submitted July 8, 2017

Always seems like he has better things to do. Brushes off my concerns after a tenolysis surgery. I wasn't happy with the results after two years of physical therapy and pain I went back. I was brushed off and my concerns were not addressed. Dr. Lacey told me that he was happy however I wasn't and I expressed that to him. Wouldn't even give me the time of day.

Submitted April 19, 2017

Dr. James Lacey

Dr. James Lacey's response
I am sorry you feel this way. I have telephoned several times and left a message for you to call back. I will make myself available at anytime that suits you to listen to your concerns, and see if anything further can be done to help you.

Submitted May 2, 2017

Dr. James Lacey's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. James Lacey attended medical school at McGill University in Montreal, Canada. Upon graduation in 1994, he went on to complete a Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery residency at the McGill University Health Centre in Montreal. Dr. Lacey spent 10 years at McGill University for his training. Dr. Lacey then assumed the role of Hand Fellow and Instructor in Hand Surgery during a one year fellowship in Hand and Microsurgery at the University of Rochester, New York. In 2000 he founded Barrie Plastic Surgery and went on staff at the Royal Victoria Hospital (RVH) of Barrie. During his 5 years at the RVH in Barrie, he organized a hand therapy program that is essential for the treatment and rehabilitation of hand and wrist patients. He also formed a Wound Care Program to provide education, prevention, and treatment of patients with wounds. He was a member of the Women’s Breast Health Committee and participated in the local Breast Cancer Support Group because of his interest in breast reconstruction. While in Barrie, Dr. Lacey had staff privileges at the Collingwood Marine and General Hospital, and Huronia District and Memorial Hospital. For several years Dr. Lacey also performed cosmetic surgery at the Cosmetic Surgery Hospital in Woodbridge, just north of Toronto. This hospital was dedicated solely to cosmetic surgery and was one of the oldest and most established private hospitals in Canada. It was owned and operated by the renowned and respected Plastic and Cosmetic surgeon, Dr. Lloyd Carlsen. With this experience Dr. Lacey moved to Ottawa in 2006 and founded Kanata Plastic and Cosmetic Surgery, the only stand-alone private cosmetic surgical facility in Ottawa. Dr. Lacey has now been a cosmetic surgeon for more than 15 years. The past 10 years have seen him working at KPCS in his private operating room where he confidently performs all kinds of cosmetic surgery on his patients and proudly delivers beautiful results. Dr. Lacey is proud that Kanata Plastic and Cosmetic Surgery also features a well-established non-surgical practice that includes neuromodulator and filler injection being done by a CANS certified nurse injector as well as medical esthetics. The clinic is recognized as a platinum status clinic for neurotoxin and filler. Dr. Lacey’s experience also includes: Being invited to performing 6 cosmetic surgery segments on CTV Mid-day in 2015 A cosmetic consultant to the NAV Spa in Cornwall Ontario, where he occasionally travelled to perform clinics and consults Having medical students and out of country visiting plastic surgeons (Canadian, middle east and Australian) observe his cosmetic surgeries Invited guest speaker on abdominoplasty and mastopexy at Quebec Society of Plastic Surgeons Annual Meeting in Montreal 2013. being a “luminary” physician and first physician in the Ottawa area to offer the Venus Freeze non-surgical skin tightening treatment (featured on TV shows such as the Doctors and Extra). He is an active member of the: Canadian Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery, American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery American Society of Plastic Surgery, Canadian Society of Plastic Surgery, National Capital Society of Plastic Sugery Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons, College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario, Medico-Legal Society of Toronto, Academy of Medicine Ottawa, Ontario Medical Association, and a candidate member of the: American Board of Plastic Surgery American Society for Surgery of the Hand.

• English
  • French

• Mcgill Medical School (Grad. 1994)

Kaiser-Permanente