Ratings for Dr. Lucille Chan

I was contacted by Dr.Chan's staff to complete blood pressure readings. They needed to have at minimum 15 readings at different times of the day. So I spent a couple weeks going to Shoppers at different times of the day to complete these readings. An appointment was made to review my readings. When I arrived at the doctors office, I waited for a good 40 minutes and all they did was take my weight, I asked if they would like to have my blood pressure readings and they said no. I didn't even see the doctor. What a waste of time, and when they called a month ago to ask me to do it again, I said no way, as the last time was a complete waste of time and no one even looked at the readings. I am a 27 year old and went to Dr.Chan for a singles outbreak for the second time, I was prescribed medication and that was the end of that. When I got shingles for the 3rd time I tried to make an appointment but the wait was over a week, so I was forced to go to a walk in clinic. The walk in clinic has done more for me in the last 2 months than Dr.Chan has done since I became her patient. The walk in clinic order blood test , since I had never had blood work completed and found out I was anemic which could be resulting in a weak immune system and the possibly the reason for having Shingles for the 3rd time at my age! The clinic even ordered me the Shingles vaccination! Trying to find another doctor as we speak. She is awful

flag | Submitted September 26, 2016

I think Dr chan is fantastic she has giving me support on everything. Has had my back on so many things. I will always be her friend.

flag | Submitted January 9, 2016

I've been seeing Dr. Chan for a couple of years now. As I can see these ratings go back to 2009 when she was a 'new' Dr. Well it's 6 years later, she still does not make eye contact and has to be told what you would like done. I've had several small issues, some worth fretting over, she will ask me well would you like this test done? Would you like me to do this? Actually, you being the Dr. I would like you to recommend what I should do. Very frustrated as my last 3 Dr.'s, as she's come in a long line of Dr.'s leaving, were very very good. Would not recommend and frustrated that I can't switch to another Dr. in the clinic.

flag | Submitted February 11, 2015

The support and assistance that I have received is wonderful. Always concerned about how things are going for me.

flag | Submitted May 28, 2013

Not very good and always consulted a book when diagnosing or prescribing medication for any illness my family or I had. Our family received letters from her by mail stating she was closing her practice for unknown reasons because she couldn't find a replacement doctor, but I doubt she even tried. We were told not to contact her in any way regarding any medical information and only told to contact a P.O. box for information. We recommend not seeing her for any reason and start looking for another doctor.

flag | Submitted March 28, 2013

Dr. Chan does not provide quality patient care. She does not provide eye contact or interest in her patients. I have had to wait over an hour everytime I have been to see her. She is very scattered and unhelpful.

flag | Submitted January 10, 2013

flag | Submitted April 21, 2012

I would love to contact past patients of this Doctor as she nearly killed me. Had my blood work and did not call me I had to call for appt and wait another 2 weeks before I could see her. She said she was concerned about my iron level and sent me to buy OTC medication without any suggestions on how much I required daily. Luckily my friends suggested to go to the hospital that same night and thank God for the wonderful ER doctor who called in a specialist to see me right away.

flag | Submitted February 15, 2012

Dr. Chan missed a diagnosis in my daughter, and ignored my suspicions. She gave inappropriate dosages of medication multiple times (thank god for a good pharmacist) and failed to recognize my husband's prescription pain killer addiction and gave multiple prescriptions for it. She referred my dad to a specialist who wasn't qualified in the specialty for which my dad was referred and caused a delay in his cancer diagnosis... too much for me to forgive!

flag | Submitted September 26, 2011

After losing the most wonderful Dr., this is who I got. She has no bedside manner to speak of. I have a developmentally disabled child and she would ask my child questions that she did not understand. I was having all sorts of health problems and when my thyroid medication needed to be increased, she decreased it. I will never recommend her to anyone for anything.

flag | Submitted July 25, 2010