Ratings for Dr. A. Bergh

I have been patient of Dr. Bergh with my family (Wife and two kids) for almost 8 years, and I think Dr. Bergh is a great professional who uses technology (internet) to our benefit, yes agree he is not a social person but he is a very good doctor that is what matter in my case. I will stick to him for sure.

flag | Submitted July 26, 2017

I've been a patient of Dr. Bergh's for the past 3 years and always get the service that I expect from a GP. He is knowledgeable and I find him polite and friendly.

flag | Submitted January 4, 2016

Dr. Bergh has been our family doctor for the past couple of years. We are dissatisfied with him and searching for a new doctor. Dr. Bergh tends to brush off concerns without listening. He also tends to consult the internet/Web MD to make diagnosis, etc. I would be fine with the internet use if he didn't seem so clueless about virtually everything. He inspires no confidence and I do not trust him as my doctor.

flag | Submitted July 11, 2012

I've been seeing Dr. Bergh for maybe 4 years, and now he has also agreed to see my new husband, though he was not formally taking new patients. I followed him to his new location because I did not want to lose such a good Doctor. Yes he's socially awkward, but there would of COURSE be cultural differences considering he grew up and was trained in completely different CONTINENTS than North America. He's got a LOT of experience and it shows. He put in my Copper-T IUD for me, though he had never inserted that type before, but I was definitely not going to let anyone else do it... he is a professional through and through and I trust him completely. I'm thankful I found him. He often addresses more than one issue for me too, because he and I are both straight to the point, and we don't waste time :)

flag | Submitted August 1, 2011

Find another doctor. I am a relatively healthy person yet Dr. Bergh and his office had me running all over Calgary for unnecessary and time wasting lab tests making me wonder if there was something seriously wrong with me. He scolded me for seeing a naturopath and chiropractor. During my physical he left the door open for staff to waltz in and out and positioned the examination table and stirrups such that my privates were exposed to the doorway. Nothing changed when I asked him to rearrange his exam room. Absolutely humiliating!

flag | Submitted March 21, 2011

Dr. Bergh is not the most social doctor, but he is a good doctor. Personally I see my doctor to resolve issues not make small talk and in that regard he is good.

flag | Submitted February 3, 2011

You go for anything he does google search very shamelessly in front of you. Does not know anything about medicine and will avoid you at his best if you ask him detailed questions. A complete jerk eating taxpayers money. He might have cheated to get medical degree. Further he also has communication problems and a bigger ego. He referred me to a specialist after he failed to diaganose me and gave wrong medicine. When I asked him to take opnion of another his collegue he got angry and shouted - "I will not refer you to any specialist then" SHAME ON YOU EGOISTIC BERGH - I am sure YOU MUST KILLED SOMEBODY AS WELL.

flag | Submitted September 28, 2010

Dr. Bergh is a little odd but seems to be a good doctor. I have only seen him for physicals, fractured bones and a stomach issue. He seemed on par with other physicians I've seen. The quick one issue per appointment thing is annoying but it seems to be standard in alberta and is probably more so a product of our health care system.

flag | Submitted March 19, 2010

Answers most of my questions with "I don't know" and doesn't feel that my severe cystic acne nor the scars that it leaves at my age (41) shouldn't bother me. Also tells me my pain is in my head even though MRI, CAT scan and xrays show multiple problems from congential condition (WTF!) and thinks the large amounts of pain killers he has been prescribing for over a year should "cure" me. If you are a woman suffering from pain DO NOT go to him. He's a dork and I can't wait to find a doctor who cares.

flag | Submitted February 28, 2009

I have been seeing Dr Bergh for just a few months but have been really happy with the care I have received. Even though there is a policy at the office of addressing only one problem per visit he has been accomodating to me and on more than one occasion addressed multiple issues for me. I have no reason to question his knowledge and I hope that when he doesn't have an answer for me he takes the time to look things up whether it be in texts or on the internet. It seems that many people have issues with how much time a doctor spends with each patient but in a city where many families are without a doctor and wait hours at clinics, I don't mind that Dr Bergh keeps appointments short, making sure one patient doesn't monopolize his time but instead makes a second appointment to discuss further issues. So far I have been really pleased with how helpful his staff are at getting me an appointment quickly when an issue arises.

flag | Submitted February 20, 2009