Ratings for Dr. Daniel C. Jay

I have been going to Dr. Jay for going on 5 years now. He does go through his check list and get you out quickly unless you bring up something that needs more time. I appreciate that he takes time to ask about other doctors that I've seen since my last visit and to check any new medication I'm taking for reactions with my other meds. I went to many Psychiatrists with my late husband and Dr. Jay by far is the most caring and easiest one I've ever come in contact with.

flag | Submitted February 24, 2015

Staff is fine. I've been going here for a handful of years. Jay is not warm and fuzzy. He runs down his list. Seems to be irritated if you say a med is not working. I have never established a comfortable relationship with him. He did soften one time when I teared up about my depression. That was the one time he showed empathy. He gets you in and out promptly. I just put up with it. ;) He doesn't seem like he likes his profession too much.

flag | Submitted May 13, 2013

I was concerned before going to see Dr. Jay because of the negative reviews, but my experience was totally different. He is quiet, but very professional and thorough. He spent over an hour with me, listened to my concerns and developed a plan that fit with my goals. I never felt like he was rude or uncaring.

flag | Submitted December 12, 2011

I don't like Dr. Jay because his appointments are very short and he rushes though his check list. He does not give eye contact, he just looks at his paper and asks questions and then write a prescriptions. He is not very personable

flag | Submitted July 11, 2011

I have been to several psychiatrist with my ex and this in the 3rd in my own personal experience. I have to say that compared to other Psychiatrist, Dr. Jay is always willing to listen to anything I may have to bring up. He will spend more time with me if needed. I never wait more than a few minutes and he apologizes if I do have to wait at all. Some others left me waiting for hours and never apologized. Dr. Jay does go down his check list but my visits are never just limited to this unless I have nothing else to discuss. I feel blessed to have found Dr. Jay! Some of the staff have been very rude to me but they do have some really nice people on the staff also.

flag | Submitted February 2, 2011

I have to disagree with the above patient. The staff is always very nice to me when I am there. Dr. Jay does rush you in and out. Runs down the list then writes your prescriptions then onto the next patient.

flag | Submitted November 5, 2010

Staff is Rude but Dr. Jay is knowledgeable. Your appointment will be rushed, he goes down his check list asking about symptoms and then he writes you a prescription and your done. He spends about 10 minutes with you each visit.

flag | Submitted December 10, 2008

Dr. Daniel C. Jay's Credentials

• Medical College Of Georgia (Grad. 2000)

AARP