Ratings for Dr. Hong Yan

I have been a patient of Dr. Hong Yan’s for about a year now. She has quite literally, changed my life. The relief from severe nausea, medication induced anxiety, & endometriosis pain flare ups have been immediate & incredibly significant. Dr. Yan shows immense patience, genuine concern, and compassion. I can sense with each needle that not only does she excel at what she does, she actually LOVES doing it. I’m so thankful that she was recommended to me. I have no hesitation in recommending Dr. Hong Yan for your health concerns. I know I have benefited immensely & quite enjoy leaving my appointment feeling calm, well-rested, & somehow energized! 5 stars.

flag | Submitted October 1, 2017

I highly recommend Dr Yan. She is always on time for my appointments and she tailors the treatment to my needs. She spends the time to listen to me and she is vey professional and very knowledgeable. If your looking for an acupuncturist, I highly recommend her! Thank you Dr Yan for all your help and I am very happy to be able to give this 5 star review , as you deserve to get 5 stars for your excellent professional service.

flag | Submitted July 29, 2017

Hello Mrs. J: I'm so sorry that I have made the mistake. I expressed my apology right away when I got your message. I just wanted to let you know that I didn't do it in a rush just because you were my last appointment. And I did remember you told me the ultrasound result but I didn't think you gave me the report . When I noticed the heat lamp was not turned up I gave you an extra 15 mins. And when we finished I showed you how to do the stretches for your shoulder. But after all I have made a mistake which have caused lots of pain and I'm really really sorry for that. I tried to reach out to you but you refused to communicate. And then you accused me of blocking your gmail account which I have no idea what's that for. And I also wanted to let you know the way I exlplained how I missed the two needles is not to blame you or give myself the excuse. Anyhow, I admit that I have made a mistake and I'm truly sorry for that. I just wish you can come to me and we can discuss how to solve the problem and give you the compensation.

flag | Submitted July 6, 2017

I had been to Yan clinic on Saturday June 17 at the last appointment 3 pm. She had asked me to fill out a consent form which had quite a number of questions. I had a few concerns as I have frozen shoulder problem so I DIDN’T sign the form. It was my first visit to acupuncture therapy and I wanted to get clear of some concerns before the therapy. She rushed me to the room before I even explained to her properly about my health problem and asked me to lay down on the table. I had taken my ultrasound result and gave it to her but she hadn’t even look at it. Before she could pin the needle I asked how much she would charge me as I didn’t want to get surprised when I paid. She told me you just pay $ 70 but consultation was free. I wondered where she had even given me consultation. She asked me to lay down on my left side and not to move. Then she pinned some needles on my shoulder and middle of my back. She left the room saying she would come after 20 min. When she came back she noticed she hadn’t even turned on the heater to heat up needled area. I was concerned during the moment itself. After 20 min, she came and unpinned the needles. She applied some aromatic oil on my shoulder but not on my back. I sensed she was obviously in a rush. SHE LEFT 2 NEEDLES ON MY BACK which I didn’t notice as over all it was painful. I threw on my top and paid my fee to leave with needles still in my back. While driving, I couldn’t tolerate the pain those needles caused. Tears rolled my cheek. I didn’t even have .001% doubt about Yan’s practice or with acupuncture therapy. I totally believed it was my back’s weakness. After reaching home, I threw myself on the couch, oh my god, I wished that No one should experience this agonizing moment. I cried and cried not knowing what to do, or whom should I approach. At 6pm I called my daughter to check if any swelling was there on my back. To my surprise, she shouted Mom, there are needles. Honestly I felt like I had jumped out of hell when she took off the needle. I have taken photo of that. The pain that I had undergone for 3 days losing my sleep, No one would imagine. The way Yan tried to blame me for what had happened was very much irritating. She made excuses and tried to convince me she left the needles as I moved while she unpinned them. I hadn’t even moved and she hadn’t even told me anything while unpinning. What a great escapism to protect her business. I am concerned because of her negligence in service what are all the health consequences I am going to face in future. She had sent refund check and a note telling she would cover my first two physiotherapy fee. I am talking with my lawyer now. Let me see what lame excuses she can Come up with.

Submitted June 24, 2017

I visited Dr. Yan for several treatments for shingles pain and it was very helpful. She is very careful to tailor the treatment to each patient. She is an very professional and knowledgeable in her field.

flag | Submitted March 22, 2017

Excellent Acupuncturist. Have been to see her 3 times and each time she was great. Would highly recommend.

flag | Submitted November 3, 2016

I found Dr. Yan very inconsistent; wonderfully effective in the first few treatments, followed by two separate incidences where she neglected to remove one of the needles used in treatment. The only time I asked to see her on an urgent basis due to an extremely painful recurrence of symptoms, she refused to see me because she was going on holiday 3 days later and was too busy. This was the last straw for me, as I had observed, as others have mentioned here, that she was very concerned with maximizing her profits.

flag | Submitted October 1, 2016

very professional of diagnose and treatment! thanks

flag | Submitted September 28, 2016

I just recently became a patient of Dr. Yan and so far I am extremely impressed with her knowledge and skill. She's quick and efficient, yet easy to talk to and you don't feel rushed during your appointment.

flag | Submitted August 3, 2016

I started seeing Dr. Yan 2 years ago for a health issue which wasn't being resolved with regular 'physician' care and therefor decided to do my own research and made an appointment with Dr. Yan. My family is so thankful I did, as we've all, including our young adult children, seen her and received successful treatments. She listens, diagnoses and explains the treatment procedure. Her extensive education, experience and genuine commitment in providing the best treatment is what makes her and invaluable professional in maintaining good health. Dr. Yan is our main go-to with any health related issues and she always tries to accommodate our busy schedules. Dr. Yan's dedication for positive results in her patients' health is apparent from many of the great reviews on-line. We are fortunate to have met her and always look forward to visit her office when the need arises as we always feel better when we leave.

flag | Submitted July 21, 2016