Ratings for Dr. Lily Anna Hope

I have been going to Dr. Hope for 40 years, I started as a teenager. I have never had an issue with her, or the staff. For the people who have given her a low rating, how is your other doctor, if you could find one, working out for you?

flag | Submitted July 5, 2016

Dr hope is the WORST GP ever. I was 12, I had some weight problems as a child (never mentioned in the dr office before). I had lost a lot of weight, going from a size 16 to a 10 jean (making me 5ft 6inch and 150lb wearing a size 10 jean) and I go in for my first physical. She looks at me and says "well, you've got quite the guy on you, don't you? You can't be having 2-3 hamburgers in a sitting or 2 bowls of ice cream and things like that". I informed her I had never done so and she insisted I must be lying and that I was a little piggy. I left the office bawling my eyes out. A few years later, I was diagnosed with anorexia, BDD and CED. I thoroughly consider her as part of the trigger for my disorders. She is never helpful, anytime I told her about a problem, she accused me of lying or faking it. Thank god for her nurse practitioner. He took care of me for a few years, made sure I got into an eating disorder clinic at Mac when I got diagnosed, always made sure I had bloodwork done and that I was doing good. After he left, I found another doctor. Had he not left to a different city, I would have followed Dr. Lindsay because he was amazing.

flag | Submitted November 25, 2014

Where do I start? Her receptionist, Suzanne pretends to know what she's talking about but doesn't! They make promises they don't keep ie. I'll call you right back, I'll have the dr. call you no matter what...a simple urine test result done at a lab went missing for a week. I had to phone in and demand that they call the lab (I had talked to the lab and knew exactly when the results were sent to her). She really needs to retire and quit pretending that she knows what she talking about...thank goodness she has a nurse practioner on staff...that was the only time I felt like I was being heard!

flag | Submitted July 11, 2013

I was with Dr Hope from age 3-22, she was great most of the time, but did push Ritalin, every time my mother went whining about how uncontrollable I was, she never dealt with my eye problems well, but was a great G.P otherwise, She needs to retire soon! but she is still well loved in the Hamilton area!If your a complex case, I'd say go elsewhere, but if you just need a G.P for those serious times, & not often, I'd gladly tell you to go to her!I miss her a lot, as when I was a long term victim of rape, she was so helpful & caring that I'll never forget her kindness..I just also want to tell you, she has only moved offices once, when the building she is in now, had to be rebuilt, she not only gave all her paitents lots of warning, but the visually impaired ones like me, were given special letters for CNIB, to help us get O)&M appointments to get training to the tempoary office..I miss Dr Hope a lot, & EVERY G.P I've had since has been compared to her...

flag | Submitted November 5, 2012

Thank god she has a Nurse Practitioner to tell her how to practice medicine. Likely hasn't read a medical journal since graduating.

flag | Submitted November 1, 2012

Very rude staff,and cancelled me for not taking the flu staff,after being a patient for 35 years,Thanks

flag | Submitted November 27, 2011

where do i start.problem #1. i went in for 8 months complaining of stomach pains, blood in stool, excessive weight loss (60 lbs), random bruising, and constant vomiting. she kept telling me i was 'looking for attention' or to 'come back when her student doctor is in to see the symptoms' or for the random bruising i may have 'fallen down the stairs'. REALL? turns out i have crohns disease. i was diagnosed after weeks at McMaster hospital. problem #2. she prescribed me 'the pill'. then when i was menstruating 3x a month i went back and she said 'who on earth put you on the pill' my response 'you did..' her response 'oh silly me. you cant be on the pill you have crohns'. no****. problem #3. i go in complaining of sore throat saying i think it may be strep. she says its not so continue to work [i work with children and youth] but she'll take a swab anyways. get a call 3 days later. its strep. i will say she has great personality, great staff, but horrid knowledge of the medical field.

flag | Submitted August 21, 2010

Very slow, not up on her stuff, equipment very outdated in her office, and also the cleanliness of the office is questionable.

flag | Submitted February 27, 2010

I find this doctor very unpleasent.She rushes you and makes you feel like you are crazy or something.After a number of years of infertility, i finally conceive and then she perscribes me meds and i go into preterm labour.She should have that kind of knowledge to know something small like laxatives can cause labour.My beef with that is she couldn't even say sorry for the mistake she just grined and said we should move on.Now that my child has been born, I find she shrugs everything off.Maybe I am a little overprotective but I only go in the office when I have to.Maybe 2x year so it's not like I go running in there every time my child sneezes!As for the staff I was called 6months after my pap to tell me that the test needed to be redone. There excuse was that the phone lines get really busy and it's hard for them to make calls b/c they are always busy answering calls. And I do not like the fact that you can't go to walk in clinic to get help during her WEIRD and WAKY hours! I am looking

flag | Submitted June 10, 2009

Dr. Hope is slow. And likes to give you meds and send you home !

flag | Submitted October 14, 2008