Ratings for Dr. Pamela H. Temples

I never have time to rate a Dr, however I want to share my story, so that I may help someone. I was referred to Dr. Pamela Temples at Southern OB to locate my strings to have my IUD removed. She sent me to have an ultrasound (inside the clinic). After showing me some blurry prints of my ultrasound, she told me that my IUD was embedded and the only resolution is surgery under general anesthesia. I asked if she could remove it another way, she responded, "No." She, then, began to explain that the procedure is similar to a D & C, but I would be asleep for it, and if she cannot remove it, she will go ahead and perform a hysterectomy. All of this to have my IUD removed?! I'm only 31 years old! This is not what a young married couple wants to hear when I was just coming to have my expired IUD removed! She took me to her scheduling coordinator to schedule my surgery. No cervical check. Nothing. I thought at least she would examine me and attempt to retrieve the IUD strings, herself. She did nothing. I left the office very upset and confused. That was not the news I wanted to hear. I decided to get a second opinion at a clinic in Tifton, GA. They sent me to get an ultrasound and was able to see that the IUD was "where it's suppose to be" and that it "does not appear to be embedded." I was taken to a room and the NP came in to inform me that she's confident that I do NOT need surgery and she can remove it that day. She examined me (which Dr. Temples refused to do), used her tools, and located my IUD strings. The IUD was out in less than 2 minutes! The NP showed me the IUD and pointed out that it was intact with no tissue on it. The NP said, "It was never embedded--see, there's no tissue on it. It's out now, you don't have to worry about surgery, and you will not be getting a hysterectomy." I was crying tears of joy because I've been through a lot regarding the removal of the IUD and having fears of the possibility of Dr. Temples removing my uterus! As a nurse myself, I can speculate why some Drs would prefer to do surgery over in-office simple procedures. I would let the rest of the public figure that out. There's a high rate of C-sects and hysterectomies (especially among healthy African American women) in the US for a reason. I have documents from both clinics and plan to expose this Dr for the lies she told. If you ever receive conflicting news from this Dr., others at that clinic, or elsewhere, get a second opinion! Go with your GUT! I saved myself from the risks of general anesthesia and surgery such as infection, hemorrhage, respiratory difficulties, hysterectomy, hormonal imbalances, and even death! Be your own advocate!

flag | Submitted February 12, 2018

I love Dr. Temples. She is caring and true professional. I would highly recommend her to anyone.

flag | Submitted August 16, 2017

Excellent office staff. Dr. Temples very professional and friendly. Made me comfortable during visit, and explained answers to all my questions. Would highly recommend!

flag | Submitted August 16, 2017

She was very knowledgeable and took her time and talked with me. She never got in a hurry and thoroughly answered al of my questions. Did a complete exam.

flag | Submitted July 16, 2014

She was not very personable. She was very knowledgeable but not very friendly. She is matter of fact in her conversations and seems ready to just move on to the next patient. If you want a doctor whose fast and does not want to explain much or talk much, then she would be great.

flag | Submitted June 10, 2011

I'm not super impressed with Dr. Temples. She's very quick and impersonal. I'm sure she's a good doctor, but I prefer a bit more of a caring disposition.

flag | Submitted November 29, 2010

I absolutely love Dr. Temples. Not only does she have excellent bedside manner, she seems to practice "better safe than sorry." If you are having a problem, she will work to figure out what it is instead of ignoring it. She diagnosed me with a condition that many other doctors overlooked for nearly 10 years, just because they never took the time to run a few simple tests. Because she took the time to actually do her job, I now have a better quality of life.

flag | Submitted December 8, 2008

Dr. Pamela H. Temples's Credentials

• Medical College Of Georgia (Grad. 2000)

HealthPartners