Ratings for Dr. David Smith

I would never recumbent this doctor,, to any one. my husband was bi polor/add and I beleve a social path... homacidal/suicidal.. and instead of forcing my husband t be put back on his meds... because . my husband went sicko. and started telling people , like x rcmp he ate human flesh" a hand" he should have locked my husband up ... he was arrested under the mental health act in 2010-2880 for being suicidal and again my husband told his lawyer, he was going to shoot himself in the head"james carter" in 2013.. and smith, refused to treat him... so my husband was allowed to beat me/my pets/ and .. refused to get my husband the help he so desperately needs... he should have forced him into rehab ..anger management.. and had a court order again to have him.. committed.. and monitored in the community.. he should have been forced into rehab.. again... after my husband threatned me with a butcher knife./hand guns..ect.... smith refused to assist my husband... he had let my husband fall threw the cracks.. and kill people.....while having a pysico episode..where he smashed into my home with an axe.. to kill me.... don't ever sees this doctor....he will put you on meds.and let the crazy one go on to " kill people"

flag | Submitted February 16, 2017

Will not hesitate to answer his phone while in a session, pays zero mind to any emotions or situations attached to the words coming from a persons mouth. David Smith is a textbook DSM Doctor who looks for symptom clusters and the proceeds to overmedicate. He will give zero effort into helping a client gain confidence or traction in their own life. I recommend this clown to no one. Being crazy is better than having his assistance.

flag | Submitted June 3, 2016

Dr. Smith doesn't really care too much about his patients as he is more concerned about his job than anything else. I would not recommend dr. Smith as he doesn't really listen to your concerns at all and whisks away any of your concerns you might have. Dr. Williams would be a better choice of a doctor if you ask me.

flag | Submitted April 26, 2016

My husband has been on the same meds for 8 years, and his symptoms only occur when he has forgotten to take his pills that day. We moved here from another province last year, and had his file sent to our GP from the previous psychiatrist (who was excellent). I'm confident that Dr. Smith didn't even bother reading the file, and proceeded to remove 2/4 medications (the ones that work the most! And I know this because when he misses these two pills in particular, it's very obvious in his mood). This doctor does not listen! He didn't listen to my daughter either (having hallucinations with depression/anxiety). He put her on a mini dose of antipsychotic, and after a visit to the ER, another doctor said that was 1/6 the dose that is required before any therapeutic benefit will be noticed. ?!?!? The thought of going back to life as it was before my husband was on this combination of medications is terrifying to me, it was so hard, and caused so much damage to our lives. I'm sure you all know the hard times that accompany mental illness, and the toll it takes on everyone in the family. Find out as much as you can about everything to do with you or your family member/friend's condition, and be a strong advocate for help, and ask for rationale behind your doctors treatments. The psychiatrist from our old province would cite research studies and explain WHY changes in meds should happen, etc.

flag | Submitted January 20, 2015

I found DR.Smith to be very in tuned to what you are saying..He is not afraid to call it as it is. He is respectful and NO FOOL..Although I would have wanted to talk with him more. He felt it was time for me to move on, But can see him anytime I needed too..I liked him although he was my first..I would recommend Him..He has to be stuff with some patients and kind to others..He has a tuff job...But he was good to me.

flag | Submitted January 13, 2015

Absolutely terrible doctor. like said many times on this review page he'll just simply keep switching meds until something works. And refuse to take any responsibility for his mistakes, I was forced to stay in the hospital for over a month with him as my doctor. Not only am i not on any meds or using and advice he originally gave, i am now taking medication and counselling for the experience. absolutely terrible, if you're in the hospital for anything related to mental issues, and have him walk in your room, instantly demand a new doctor, and don't let him tell you you can't. Because you can.

flag | Submitted December 5, 2014

In comparison to other psychiatrists, Dr. D. Smith needs to learn good bedside manners. He's critical to judge his patients and isn't overly concerned to prescribe the proper anti-depressant medication. If anyone wants my opinion, seek another opinion from a caring psychiatrist who wants to help his patients. Dr. Smith in my opinion is cold and callous.

flag | Submitted November 28, 2014

Dr. Smith was extremely respectful of my decision to try alternative therapy over medication. He did not force the subject and supported me entirely. Now that I'm feeling better and on the path of recovery, I look back at my time with Dr. Smith and I'm extremely thankful. He never rushed me, or made me feel like a number. He took the time to let me talk AND HE LISTENED. I'm going to try my hardest to not let Dr. Smith down. He is a remarkable person and his knowledge is a credit to the pyschward.

flag | Submitted October 24, 2014

NOT GOOD. There are better psychiatrists than Dr. Smith. Very arrogant

flag | Submitted June 26, 2014

Dr. Smith has been received with open arms to this community. He is thoughtful, caring, kind, and extremely knowledgeable and current on new modalities of treatment and is willing to collaborate with other professionals and supports to come up with the best treatment options for his patients. He always has time to listen to me. He is thorough and is not someone who will try to solve all my problems with medications alone. I trust him that he will help me get better if I will follow his treatment plan for me. I am so grateful to have him as one of my doctors.

flag | Submitted January 25, 2014