Ratings for Dr. Diane Hood

Love Dr. Hood! she is very knowledgeable. She exudes patience and caring with each visit. She always ensure that every option is used as far as novel therapies. I would highly recommend her to my friends and family members.

flag | Submitted July 6, 2017

She believes in just adding medicines to your list, and every visit will refer me to some specialist, not sure I am in safe hands with her.

flag | Submitted May 3, 2017

This place is a joke. After my insurance company denied an MRI (because dr hood didn't turn in all clinical information)... I've been in excruciating pain for two weeks- trying the while time to get doctor good to pick up the phone and do a "peer-to-peer" with my insurance carrier to get the MRI approved! Her office staff will not return phone calls, the office Manager lied and told me that dr hood did the peer-to-peer, when I called him out on it his response was "well, even if she would've the outcome would've been the same" -WOW. I must say, I have wasted my time and money and think it's pretty pathetic that my DOCTOr who ordered the test is either LAZY or incompetent if she can't pick up the phone and advocate for her patient. I asked Dave (office mgr) "since dr hood won't advocate for me, should I just find another physician...?" - he said "at this point if I were you I think I would"- crazy!!!! Anyway- beware this place is ridiculous!!!

flag | Submitted October 29, 2013

I agree with the comments about the staff. They are rude and do not seem to care about helping people. I made an appointment for mid afternoon and was in the waiting room for an hour before I asked when I would be seen and then was told it would be about 45 minutes because they were running behind. Also, they have been terrible about getting back to me on the phone. I have never been called to tell me a perscription is ready and when I call to check on the status they tell me it has been there for a while and they have been waiting on me to pick it up. I also had a biopsy on a mole I had removed and I never heard back, I called to check the status and was told all my tests came back fine. . When I went for my next appointment 6 months later Dr. Hood realized they had never received the results. This was a shock that no one was making sure that results as important as this. They should have realized that the biopsy had not come back with the blood test results and told me that.

flag | Submitted December 14, 2011

Dr. Hood is not only the most condesending DOCTOR I have ever metshe is also one of the most condesending people I have ever met. Because of her terrible bedside manor and unhelpful staff I have chosen a new doctor and have found out I was heavily over medicated. I am glad to hear some patients have had better experiences, however if someone if considering Dr. Hood as a new doctor I would strongly recommend against it.

flag | Submitted April 19, 2011

I find Dr. Hood very knowledgable and considerate. She listens to all of my concerns and addresses each. She never makes me feel rushed at all. She looks me in the eyes when she speaks to me and I highly recommend her. My sister and best friend are both switching to her because of my positive experiences with her. My only complaint is sometimes the wait is 30 - 45 minutes although I do get an apology which is more than I did at other offices.

flag | Submitted April 11, 2011

Excellent physician and very knowlegeable. She was direct and sound in her advice as a physician along with a personal touch.

flag | Submitted March 1, 2011

I had been seeing Dr. Hood for about 3-4 years. She minimized my gall bladder attacks and said it was spasms that most middle aged women get. I had seen another Dr. he read my xrays and said I had many stones and it needed to come out; in which it did. Her office nurse also told me my xrays only showed one tiny stone. Boy were they wrong! Have had no pain since my gallbladder has been removed. On my last visit to her office, I had gotten there alittle early, but waited for my appointment time. When that time came, I was still left there sitting for 50 minutes beyond my time. I was told she was double booked. I had made my appointment 2 weeks in advance. So why was I left waiting? Don't like this Doctor or office. Dr. plays everything down.

flag | Submitted February 2, 2011

Dr. Hood is a matter of fact physican. I liked her and felt very comfortable with her. I have just met her the one time. Her staff was very nice to me.

flag | Submitted January 4, 2011

Use this doctor and staff at your own risk!!! She doesn't call back, her nurse is rude and this two-some basically doesn't care.

flag | Submitted October 28, 2010

Dr. Diane Hood's Credentials

• University Of Missouri, Kansas City, School Of Medicine (Grad. 2002)