Ratings for Dr. Joseph L. Beaudrot

I was very unhappy with Dr. Beaudrot's "bedside" manner. During the third month of my pregnancy I began bleeding heavily and I immediately called his office. I was given the first appointment for the following morning that happen to be with Dr. Beaudrot. He was completely unsympathic, dismissed me when I asked questions, leaving me in tears and my husband furious. After that horrible experience, I refused to schedule any of my remaining prenatal visits with him. After the horrible experience, I never saw him again!

flag | Submitted March 4, 2009

Dr. Beaudrot is a skilled surgeon, and very good at cesarean delivery. However, he has said things that indicate he is not familiar with the current research on when a vaginal trial of labor is warranted, and prefers to c-section patients even when they are good candidates for vaginal birth. Some of his ways of getting patients into compliance with his wishes border on bullying, and he has a very overpowering, bulldozer-like bedside manner. It's often his way or the highway. If you know you want a cesarean, he may be one of the better OB surgeons in the area. However, if you want a vaginal birth, he may turn out to be a roadblock along your way, and a strong force against you.

flag | Submitted December 6, 2008

Dr. Joseph L. Beaudrot's Credentials

• Medical University Of South Carolina College Of Medicine (Grad. 1982)

MSP/BC Med