Ratings for Dr. Ken K. Miki

When Dr Miki first took over this practice he was new and great. When I became pregnant at 31 I had a couple of bouts of severe pain and his answer was "well, you are getting older". I ended up with placental abruption and almost lost my baby!! Had to have an emergency c-section. His ability for compassion, caring and empathy dropped off over the next couple of years. Wouldn't recommend this guy to anyone.

flag | Submitted August 4, 2016

Dr Miki has been my doctor, confidante, council, and I am privileged to have him as my doctor for over 25 years. He is a family doctor, with regular patients. Not a walk-in clinic. He takes his time with his patients and his diagnoses. His professionalism and his office staff deserve the appropriate rating of nothing less than the utmost respect and admiration for the assistance, comfort and service they have provided over the decades and decades to the community.

flag | Submitted December 2, 2015

Not impressed whatsoever. Terrible lag in timing to get an appointment, horrible reception - answering the phone would be a good thing and follow up on booking specialist appointments would be good too. Walk-in clinics at least see you in a timely fashion, do the follow up and answer their phones. Dr Miki himself seemed indifferent to my condition and I got the feeling that he felt a wish and good intentions would fix my problem. I would prefer science thank you very much.

flag | Submitted May 15, 2015

find that Dr Miki does not care anymore ...rushes you through your appointment, iv been in alot of pain for many years and find it is getting worse along with headaches, today all he seemed to be able to say was its not a desease and its not a tumor.... no kidding really no game plan as to what and where to go from here, he keeps saying heat and massasge ...even tho he knows i can not afford the user fee. he seems to be all about the money, he has filled out some paper work for me for my son, but of course he wants 135$ for it, they are disablity forms for income tax he told me today if i dont pay for them soon he will attatch 50% intrest on them.....really a doctor that really cares........iv lost respect for him and faith that he even cares about his patients anymore ................its all about money and get them in and out!

flag | Submitted May 14, 2015

Long time patient of Dr. Miki's, but am increasingly unhappy with him. He no longer has any interest in keeping up to date or in really listening to his patients, both of which used to be his strengths. He has walked out of the room on me several times without answering my questions. I no longer trust his judgment or his level of expertise. Time to retire, Ken.

flag | Submitted December 9, 2014

Have been his patient for maybe 5 years and he is great. The office can be a tad difficult to reach with only one receptionist. Been great through my pregnancy and misscaraiges. My 3 year old loves him and he is very through with watching his development

flag | Submitted October 27, 2014

After 14 years I changed doctors. No more bitchy receptionist, inability to contact dr Miki or to see him because he is unavailable most of the time now. Bad bad bad.

flag | Submitted October 17, 2014

All humans must retire as must my doctor one day. It will sure be hard o me

flag | Submitted September 22, 2014

Dr. Miki has been our family physician for nearly 24 years, but I do not even recognize so much as a hint of the man who I once proudly proclaimed to be one of the finest physicians that you could ever hope to meet. Over the past eight years or so, pretty much since he returned from a leave of absence to battle cancer, he has adopted a real, "I do not give a s___" attitude (which may help to explain why his staffs' poor attitudes, as well. It's impossible to see him in a timely fashion, and during my last two visits, I've asked questions that his answer to was, "No," after which he immediately WALKS OUT of the examination room, closing the door behind him. Enough. He's been all about the money for a very, very long time, and one no longer even receives any MEDICAL ADVICE for it. Time to retire, dude. I do not know why you are in this poor financial shape, but a malpractice action, or ten, will not help.

flag | Submitted June 9, 2014

Seeing Dr M since 1998 and enjoyed him as doctor and person. Current receptionist was wonderful but is getting very snarky these days. Early this month (may 2914) I started calling the office on a Wed morn - no answer - no answering machine. Same thing on Thurs. : no answer - no machine. I was getting frantic. Husband has aggressive skin cancer lesion on temple. Fri. Say. Sun. Office is closed. Started calling morn and afternoon : NOTHING!! STILL NO ANSWER!!!! Same thing Tues. : no answer no machine. 7 days and I cannot get hold of the office. I have chronic illness and cataracts so need to have a dr office that actually answers the phone. this is unacceptable for a doctor office. He is not available. When M did finally answer that week she was rude and I got upset because I was stressed for 7 days trying to get a hold of our doctor!!! We had to wait 2 more weeks!! I respect and like dr M became angry at me in defence of his receptionist. I am seeking a new MD with a reliable staff.

flag | Submitted May 26, 2014