Ratings for Dr. James W. Fleshman

I waited months for an appointment and he had no bedside manner then pushed me off to a lady doctor in his office who had even less of a bedside manner and no clue. Back where I started months ago but will be going to another office. 0/5 stars

flag | Submitted March 6, 2017

This was supposed to be a famous great doctor. He was an insensitive bully and not even a good doctor. I left the office in tears after him yelling at me for his treatment plan making me sicker?!? His nurse Cathy is very nice but does not make up for his bad behavior. Time to retire

flag | Submitted March 2, 2017

He listened to me and did not give up on my problem~Everyday he checked on me before the sun was up while I was in the hospital ~ very hard working ~ one staff person did not return calls but I don't remember who the rest of the staff was very good ~ he also explained everything to me and my husband and anwered every ?

flag | Submitted September 23, 2011

Dr. Fleshman operated on me on New Year's Eve day in 2001. I had abscessed diverticula and was very ill. I spent one month prior to surgery on feeding tube to settle the infected colon. Dr. Fleshman did a superb job on curing me. I found him to be very professional and kind. He avoided giving me a colostomy which had been a possible outcome. This man saved my life from a very serious situation. I will be grateful to him forever. And his staff was most considerate and friendly.

flag | Submitted October 19, 2010

Dr. Fleshman made mistake during surgery, then because surgery didn't work he told me it was my fault because I'm overweight, which was never discussed before surgery. I usually don’t ask questions, but I tried to ask 2 once & he refused to answer, rolled his eyes, and told me I could ask questions at my next appt. (3 months later). His NP, Debbie N., refuses to fill out FMLA paper work correctly. She won't use new FMLA forms with each new FMLA Claim. She just used an old form and used white out on it in spots, forgetting to change old dates, procedures, etc. Then my work would deny my FMLA, because she was too lazy to fill out new forms. Very Stressful! I think she ignores her phone messages. I called her with an emergency, left message, but she never called me back, & I ended up having to call emergency exchange. I've got a new Dr. now and 4 months later we are still waiting for a copy of my record. 1 good thing at Fleshman's office - his reg. nurse is very sweet.

flag | Submitted December 13, 2009

Dr. James W. Fleshman's Credentials

• Washington University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1980)