Ratings for Dr. David Wingnean

Seeing Dr. Wingnean is always a comfortable experience. He's not a big pharma pusher and he also encourages me to do my own online research about anything that ails me. And if I get wrong information, he sets me straight.. with an explanation. Dr. Wingnean has a scientific mind and therefore, really likes to get to the root of medical issues. He's made my life so much better. Fantastic doctor!

flag | Submitted March 5, 2017

I saw Dr. Wingnean for the first time last year and have since started seeing him with all of my health concerns and have had nothing but positive experiences. After having a walk-in appointment with him, I started making appointments and have always been treated with respect, professionalism and care. He always explains what is going on and any prescription he gives me thoroughly so that I know exactly what my next steps are. Whenever I come in, he takes my concerns seriously and I feel confident that I have been well taken care of when I walk out of his office. Thank you!

flag | Submitted December 5, 2016

Although the appointments with him are no 30-minute l8ngering conversations, I've always felt that he tries to be as helpful as possible while he is seeing you. He asks several questions rather than just one or two, and if he reccomends something he gives a very thorough explanation so you feel comfortable with it. As others have said he's a good listener, compassionate, and knowledgeable. Definitely the best Dr at this medicentre

flag | Submitted November 16, 2016

He has been my doctor for 8 years, he is very through keeps me up-to-date on any tests that I may need done. He is the best doctor I have found here in Edmonton in the 16 years I have been here. He and all the staff at the Downtown Medicentre are very courteous, and professional, and there flexible hours makes it very convenient to see a doctor.

flag | Submitted November 4, 2016

He is my doctor foe years and I can say one of the best doctor that I have n met

flag | Submitted November 2, 2016

Dr David Wingnean is my Doctor for the past 8yrs now.For me he is good physician with excellent knowledge of his field of expertise.

flag | Submitted October 31, 2016

I have had a lot of problems with uncaring doctors then I met Dr.Wingnean. I was told that I had past a diabetic test by 3 other doctors, but this was so untrue. Dr.Wingnean did a blood test immediately to see if I was type 1 or 2 diabetic. He told me that I was boarded line but that it had gone to type 2 and said that I should contact my doctor right away. I told him that I didn't have a family doctor and I asked him if he was taking new patients now he said yes he was. He is now my family doctor and I go every Thursday for the diabetic White Program. He has given me the best advise on how to care and handle having type 2 diabetes. I can't thank him enough for all of the advise and time he has given me to help with this. I know I still have a long road ahead of me, but I know that he will be there to answer my questions. I just moved into a new place and I was seeing a seizure doctor, but it was to far to go after my move. I'm taking meds for my seizures and I asked Dr.Wingnean if he could take over my seizure prescription and help me with any problems. He is my family,diabetic and seizure doctor and I'm glad he really listens to you when you have any problems or questions. I wish that I had known him sooner and now he is my daughters doctor to.

flag | Submitted June 19, 2016

Dr. Wingnean is the best family doctor I have had the luck to stumble upon a few years ago when I developed breast cancer. Cancer was a long road and this doctor was there for me every step of the way. I have unfortunately taken on a few other ailments from chemotherapy such as ototoxicity causing chronic vertigo and hearing loss but Dr Wingnean's support throughout this journey has been so completely unfallible, appreciated and needed that I can't even properly express my profound gratitude except to say THANK YOU, and there needs to be more like you Dr. Wingnean!

flag | Submitted June 8, 2016

Some comments note that Dr. Wingnean is very fast. He is. But as someone who is a health professional I can say that although he is very quick, he exhibits perfect physician protocol. I have never had a doctor who is so accurate about what is going on with me, can explain it, does all the appropriate tests and provides solutions that work. He is a precise, high performance physician who reminds me a lot of an emergency room doctor, that is a physician who is highly knowledgable and skilled but also balances the needs of the patient in front of him with the needs of the 30 other sick patients in the waiting room. I have absolute faith in this doctor. As a middle aged adult male I have never once in my life felt that I had a family physician that I was comfortable with and whose physician skills were superb and sincere concern for me as a patient was a top priority. But understand this comes at a cost. He doesnt waste or mince words, but he will go above and beyond. This is the reason I selected this man as my family doctor. I am comfortable discussing absolutely anything with him and he is VERY professional. It is why I selected him as a family doctor. I cannot say enough good things about him. I finally feel cared for and like my health is valued.

flag | Submitted January 9, 2016

Excellent Doctor. Very knowledgable, gives you many treatment options and doesn't rush you.

flag | Submitted December 12, 2014