Ratings for Dr. J.B. Joo

I saw this doctor after having a colonoscopy. I had a 5cm mass that was "precancerous". I was 38 yo female, athletic, energetic, good diet. Mother of three a nurse in the ICU for 15 years. I was concerned. He said, you're a nervous one, aren't you? He said I could have a large incision because "look at the size of my hand" as he held it up, "do you think you won't have a large incision? Or I could wait until he finished training with DaVinci robotics and I could be his first case. But that would be up to 6 months, but I could wait because the INITIAL biopsies were precancerous. Needless to say we left, I had a sick feeling in my stomach. I had never ever been sick, but this just did not feel right. Luckily I found another surgeon. Given the same information he ordered a chest X-ray, CT and CEA levels. 1 month after my initial consultation with JB JOO, another surgeon did a low anterior resection removing several inches of my colon along with 18 lymph nodes. My pathology came back poorly differentiated signet ring cell carcinoma with lymphovascular invasion. If this had reached my lymph nodes . I would not be here today. I do not know what kind of hospital would support a surgeon who is so arrogant and really his ego is so big, he cannot see what is truly good for his patients regardless of their age. It's so sad and scary. Please, if you get a referral to go to this physician, there are lots of other options. . Please!!

flag | Submitted February 4, 2015

Dr. Joo (through his staff) believes because of Obamacare you must pay the full amount for an office visit up front. His office staff said they believe many patients will not be able to pay the full deductible. So they make you pay the full amount up front (without explanation) and will refund your overpayment once your insurance pays them. I have now waited over a month since my insurance has paid, for a refund and they keep telling me their check printer is broken and they cannot cut a check. Buyer beware.

flag | Submitted June 5, 2014

I got him because I have public aid and he was he doctor working I would not have had surgery because he was rude from the time he stepped in the emergency room, I had to have my gallbladder out because of bad attacks. I felt like I was bothering him and he was rude, I felt more professionalism from my mechanic than from this doctor. He did not explain much and he didn't help me with my pain. If you have no other choices try to wait and avoid going to hospital if he is there.

flag | Submitted April 3, 2013

Dr. Joo did removed my daughter's appendix, She has a scar all the way across her stomach from her hip to below her belly button,my daught was 6 years old and has a terrible scar that will be there forever due to Dr Joo making a big cut into her. My nephew had same surgery at northwestern he has 3 tiny tiny scars from the cuts that look like pen dots. I feel awful I let this doc operate on my child.

flag | Submitted February 1, 2013

Dr. Joo tells it like it is, and discussed both of my options.

flag | Submitted March 12, 2011

He performed an appendixtomy on my sister, released her 3 days after. She developed high fever; visited him twice, he never checked her temperature and blood presure & neglected the treatment. She ended up in emergency due to blood posioning due to surgery. It it unethical, irresponsbile for him to neglect the treatment and listen to her complaint. He did not even look at the result of the CT, it showed large abscess and needle (to the drainage) was in wrong position. He did not ask for the dailly drainage results. My sister was in pain and shook (convulsion like) when I took her to ER. I do not recommend him to any patient. He is dangerous and irresponsible doctor.

flag | Submitted December 5, 2008

Dr. J.B. Joo's Credentials

• Loyola University Of Chicago, Stritch School Of Medicine (Grad. 1996)

Top Hospitals in Naperville, IL