Ratings for Dr. Jerome P. Parnell

Dr. Pernell has a calming effect on you as soon as he enters the office. I have been going to Dr. Pernell for over five years and consider him to be one of the best in his field of practice. He always has worked very closely with my family doctor and communicates with me on a very high degree. I have lost a friends due to postrate cancer and I do not want the rest of them to loose me. I would recommended Dr. Pernell to my friends or anyone in a heart beat.

flag | Submitted September 15, 2011

I'm sure Dr. Parnell is great for certain things. But I would not go to him with issues that may be hard to treat and require multiple visits, such as prostatitis. He seems to take lots of appointments and so it seems he wants to write you a script and get you out of the room in 5 minutes. If you take more of his time than that, i.e. if you have a lot of questions, he starts to get visibly irritated and he has even raised his voice with me. Now look, I have a healthy respect for urologists and what they do, and I know there are not enough of them around and that is why they are so busy. But still, when I'm paying 30 bucks per visit with my insurance company paying much more than that, I deserve more time than 5 minutes if I feel I need it.

flag | Submitted December 5, 2008

Dr. Jerome P. Parnell's Credentials

• State University Of New York Downstate Medical Center (Grad. 1974)

AARP