Ratings for Dr. Farouk Ghany

Dr Ghany is such a pleasant and friendly physician! He seems very personable and is very thorough with discussing treatments and options. He put me at ease and made me feel comfortable despite the awkwardness of the exam. Great doctor would highly recommend! The staff are very unfriendly, I tried my best to be over polite and overfriendly but it was met with no smiles... I honestly debated on leaving after dealing with the not so warm reception of the staff. I'm glad I didn't because the doctor was fantastic! I would recommend the doctor talk to his staff about being more polite and welcoming...

flag | Submitted December 12, 2016

This doctor did not event know what prescription he gave to the patient for last visit. He asked us to check with the pharmacy to see what medicine he gave and what is the different from the new prescription he gave. Very irresponsible doctor.

flag | Submitted March 24, 2014

Rudest man I have ever met in my life. He completely dismissed the fact that I get kidney infections and said I was making them up. Never go see him if you actually need help and want to figure out what is going on with you.

flag | Submitted July 23, 2013

Wonderfully helpful, knowledgeable and very easy to talk to. I would definitely recommend Dr. Ghany for all urological concerns.

flag | Submitted July 11, 2012

Very rude. I found him to be very arrogant and unprofessional. Gave me a cystoscopy that didn't go well and caused me much pain and bleeding for many days after. I quickly found another urologist who has been super.

flag | Submitted August 29, 2010

I have seen Dr Ghany for my prostatitis, he thoroughly looks after the problem and tries to help, he even made arrangements to get my cycstoscopy done asap due to urgent nature of my case while there was a big waiting line, he listens carefully and examins appropriately, he tried his best on me and when he ran out of answers he sent me to other urologists for con****ation, which demonstrates his humbleness, without a doubt the best urologist i have met.

flag | Submitted February 10, 2010

I manage the healthcare for my two aging parents and have met many doctors over the years. I can honestly say that Dr. Ghany was the rudest, most unprofessional doctor I have ever encountered. I took my elderly father to Dr. Ghany for prostate and incontinence issues. He dismissed my father's discomfort and asked me, "What do you expect me to do?" A week later, my father ended up in the hospital and the staff were surprised to learn that my father had just visited a urologist. My father was not a healthy man and I didn't expect miracles from Dr. Ghany, but I did expect some basic professional courtesy. His condescending tone is still fresh in my mind and I only wish I had more clearly expressed my discontent in person.

flag | Submitted December 15, 2009

Terse, impatient and arrogant manner. Clumsy and painful cystoscopy procedure. Consequently changed doctors.

flag | Submitted November 13, 2009

I have been seeing Dr. Ghany now for 5 years on and off for Kidney stones and now bladder problems. He has been helpful and sends me on to others if he cannot find the answer. He is knowledgeable but sometimes should listen to his patients a bit more before he comes up with a prescription.

flag | Submitted September 5, 2009

Dr. Ghany was my consulting urologist. I was sent to see him by my family physician when my PSA test came back with as a 4 (very low previous years). He was thorough and persistent in my monitoring and sent me for biopsy (initially negative) but (on second opinion) positive. He covered treatment options and sent me for independent consultation with Dr. M. A. Ibrahim to help me decide a course of treatment. I eventually decided on brachytherapy and he provide me with my referral to Dr. Juanita Crook at Princess Margaret Hospital, where the procedure was done. I will be back with Dr. Ghany after my follow ups at PHM.

flag | Submitted May 11, 2009