Ratings for Dr. Lisa M. Benya

I feel very comfortable placing my future well being in Dr. Benya's hands!

flag | Submitted May 9, 2013

Referred for new doctor from my neighbor, well sat therefor nearly 45 min then addition 20 in room!!only santy was her great nurse Carolinda( which was my friends had told me as well) she is professional , warm and I would gladly steal her for my company!!! She has to be one tough act to follow!! A credit to Dr Benya !!which I also liked after finally meeting!!( also recommend as she has excellent mannerism )

flag | Submitted May 6, 2013

I like dr Benya but have rarely received return calls regarding important matters; I.e after she prescribed antiobiotic for my condition it did not clear after its course, and I followed up to let the staff know in case they needed to prescribe me an alternate medication. My phone call was never returned I ended up going to Dr. Franklin urgent care who is wonderful got the job done and put me on a different anabiotic. I am seriously considering changing doctors

flag | Submitted March 2, 2013

Dr Benya is the kind of doctor I wish there were more of. She is smart, she cares, she listens, she makes you feel important. She follows up, she remembers. I feel better because I go to her. The practice is very busy, the staff works very very hard. They have an xray tech there and a Physician's assist. named Joshua who is absolutely great, and commuicates well. The office itself is very crowded and busy, but not crazy at all. There is sometimes a wait but nothing unreasonable. And the office is in a lovely spot so sometimes I step outside for five minutes and enjoy the Malibu view. PS I also get botox done with Dr Benya, but that's not her main focus.

flag | Submitted November 15, 2012

I have FINALLY found a doctor that actually cares about my well being. Yes, sometimes you have to wait for an appointment, but once you get into the exam room she takes a world of time. She actually listens and asks questions to ensure thoroughness. I love her caring manner!

flag | Submitted August 24, 2012

I saw Dr. Benya for a followup. I waited 1.5 hours for a fifteen minute appointment, which cost me $227. Dr. Benya does not care about the patient, just the $$$. All I needed were refills on medications Dr. Benya had been prescribing me for 4 months. I have no insurance, but Dr. Benya has never been willing to work with me on that. I did not need any changes in medications.After the appointment the nurse said that I did not need to pay and they would bill me. They sent the bill to the wrong address and when it was time to get a refill they would not authorize the the refill. They did not tell the pharmacy that I needed to call them. So after running out of medication, I finally called the office. They said they would not authorize the refill until I paid the bill which I never received. Essentially they held my prescription hostage, not allowing me to pay the bill by check, instead I had to pay from an account I do not use for healthcare expenditures.

flag | Submitted August 20, 2012

New to town and needed a doctor local found the office very pleasant and helpful, I did have a wait but when her nurse came it all changed she made you feel welcome and she appears to truly care for the patient and love her job, she assured me I would love doctor and kindly apologize for the busy schedule , well she was correct very pleased and look forward to my new community and wonderful doctor .I gladly recommend doctor Benya and her wonderful staff. Look forward to there move to new office( this one old poor condition) my only negative comment

flag | Submitted July 25, 2012

I and now friends have gone to Dr Benya for many years, we have seen her grow and get married and love her!But the office has been a mess forever!! she needs to rid of the bunch except darling karlinda whom we also love and infact make it a point to come when she is going to be there(as we did today)so glad she has stayed she truly is a blessing for doctor and her patients!!!,she loves what she does and makes Iam sure all the patients feel as special as she does us!!

flag | Submitted January 27, 2012

Dr. Benya quite literally saved my life six years ago. Not only is she a superb diagnostician and physician, but she also has a doctor's intuition that is phenomenal. Over the years she has helped me solve medical issue after medical issue, referring me when indicated to excellent specialists, all of whom have a profound admiration of her. As do I.

flag | Submitted November 11, 2011

We are so lucky to have a Dr. like Dr. Benya so conveniently located in Malibu, CA. Not only is she knowledgeable and professional, she has the best bedside manner, which to me is one of the most important factors when selecting a healthcare provider. Her sweet, friendly, and caring/sensitive nature will put you at ease and make you feel like you are in the best of hands. Her office staff is friendly and on top of it, and I have always been able to get a appointment in a reasonable time when I call. I never wait long, and I leave feeling satisfied with all of my crucial questions answered. Additionally, Dr. Benya offers Med-spa services which she does herself. I feel great having a Dr. do my botox and taking care of my laser needs and she has a real talent with these services. She is a special find and gem to Malibu. Strongly recommend.

flag | Submitted November 10, 2011

Dr. Lisa M. Benya's Credentials

• Ohio University Of Osteo Medicine (Grad. 1995)

Multiplan