Ratings for Dr. Rick J. Petronella

Empathic and caring. Goes the extra mile to help. Works closely with my physician to update my progress. Always returns my calls. A committed Christian. Highly recommended by my friends and doctor. Takes time to listen and then help my family and I work through the issues we could not overcome on our own. He is very real. Not afraid to ask the difficult questions that were being ignored. His own story makes him more understanding and even more effective in dealing with addiction and how it impacts all of us.

flag | Submitted October 22, 2016

Dr Rick was outstanding with our teenage son. He is genuine and extremely knowledgable.

flag | Submitted July 27, 2016

Wonderful doctor and one of the most caring and compassionate men I have ever met.

flag | Submitted October 17, 2015

I saw Dr. Rick for two years when I was a teen and when Dr. Rick Petronella was addicted to prescription medications (before he lost his license to counsel). Dr. Rick helped create an eating disorder that I have had for over 10 years. He kept on telling me that if I lost 15 lbs I would be happier and this continued every session. I would lose 15 lbs and he would advise me to lose 15 more. This helped create an aggressive eating disorder that I had to seek inpatient treatment-- I was slightly overweight but not significantly ,I ended up losing 40 lbs under his care in a short period of time with him coaching me on to lose more.. I still battle an eating disorder in my adult years because of his counseling and wish I had never been under Dr. Rick's care- . Under his care he promised to help get me a job, education, friends (to meet his two daughters, Starr and Bethany), but nothing came of his promises. Again I saw Dr. Rick as a teenager and thank goodness my parents said no, but he invited me to stay a weekend at his house with him and his family. I think of that now and think what adult male invites a teen over to his home, much more a psychologist? People can change but please be leery of this man.

flag | Submitted September 15, 2015

After 10+ years of therapy with masters level counselors, psychiatrists, psychologists--teams of clinicians, the works--Dr. Rick is the most effective and brilliant therapist I've ever had. He saved my life!!! After years of wishing I were dead, he had me actually living my life again within just a few months...I suspect he uses magic. Excellent knowledge of the range of the DSM, couples' and family counseling, psychopharmacology...everything!

flag | Submitted February 28, 2015

It starts with he really cares. And, then he has understanding for his patients, and their families. And then and only then does he bring his capable professional skills to help his patients. I know as I have had the personal opportunity to refer clients to Dr. Petronella in my profession as a lawyer who have voluntarily communicated to me how much they have been helped by "Dr. Rick."

flag | Submitted May 5, 2013

Dr. Rick is not only a wonderful Dr but a well rounded caring man. He knows how to ask the right questions & how to help you find your way. Thank you Dr. Rick for saving our Son's life!!!!!

flag | Submitted June 8, 2011