Ratings for Dr. Jack C. Jawitz

Dr Jawitz has the worst bedside manner. He never introduced himself - came in and asked"What are you here for? We told him we have some skin concerns. He said - take your shirt off - he left the room and came back and zapped a number of marks and said you are done - I can see you in six months - no explanation - very rude! Will never return!

flag | Submitted April 20, 2017

Dr. Jawitz left me permanently scared on my right cheek. Please don't go to this doctor. I have spent years and many costly procedures trying to correct this issue. His incompetence in unacceptable.

flag | Submitted April 16, 2016

WORST DOCTOR EVER! This doctor is a crack-pot. More interested in asking about the details of my parents death than examining the skin condition I came in for. He said I have unresolved issues regarding the deaths (I do not) and suggested when I go to bed at night I close my eyes and picture my Dad choking to death. Stay away from this buffoon!

flag | Submitted June 4, 2015

He not only repairs you, he teaches you. Very well managed practice. Good choice!!

flag | Submitted December 10, 2014

Dr Jawitz helped me get rid of large bags under my eyes. He did a great job! I'm 55 and look 35. Recommend him to anyone. I read some of the comments below and there's no way that happened with Dr Jack. Probably mad about a billing issue or the paid $1000 and expected a miracle. If your 100 yrs old he cant make you look 30. Sun and Cigarettes ate you up! For me he did a Great Job! Thanks Dr Jawitz!!

flag | Submitted October 16, 2014

NIGHTMARE.!!! I thought he was a friend. He put a fill under my eyes. It became hard lumps and swollen for eight months with green skin. Charged me $1, 000.00 to fix and didn't do it. Won't refund money. It was only supposed to last 2 years. 3 1/2 years later the knots are still there with swelling. He burned my face with second degree burns. Used his thumbs pressing on the lumps leaving thumb print bruises. Every morning while I try to hide the mess he made I want to punch him out. Plastic Surgeons said it would cost over $5, 000.00 to fix. They have to remove product. I don't have the money. Three other ladies were messed up on the same day. RUN FROM HIM. He doesn't care who he hurts.

flag | Submitted September 18, 2013

flag | Submitted September 17, 2012

Never been to a Dermatologist, but he refused to take the time to talk with me. Tried asking him about cost and the procedure; he rushed out the door saying "Oh I don't know." He then ignored my questions on what he was doing, didn't warn me he was about to stick a needle in my face. The only advice he gave me in caring for my wound was "take the bandaid off later." He left me sitting there in a gown wondering if I was done, and didn't come back. I will never go back to this doctor; however I hear that his Nurse Practioner is nice and nothing like this. Wish I had seen her instead!!

flag | Submitted July 28, 2010

I have been a patient of Dr. Jawitz for over 3 years now, he is VERY helpful and knowledgeable. I trust him completely with all my skin care needs!!!

flag | Submitted March 24, 2009

This doctor looked at my rash for a total of 3 seconds, and made a 'diagnosis' which turned out to be totally wrong. In fact, the ointment he prescribed actually made it worse.

flag | Submitted December 3, 2008

Dr. Jack C. Jawitz's Credentials

• State University Of New York Downstate Medical Center (Grad. 1983)