Ratings for Dr. Theo Kolivakis

A doctorat ex plains things simply and wants to treat You with respect

flag | Submitted September 25, 2014

He is excellent, available, easy to talk to, supportive, funny, and very professional. He also has always been open yet cautious to what I wanted to try as a patient in the past, and ready to get me back on track if I had any issues. He never made me feel like I was stuck with a label, even though I had finally accepted that I have Bi-polar 1, which is interesting. I hope that I get to work with him in the future as a clinican in Mental Health. I highly recommend him. I really like him, and he is kind and gentle.

flag | Submitted September 24, 2014

I was recommended Dr. Kolovakis for treatment by TMS by another fellow psychiatrist. He always saw me on time even though he visibly had many patients and no technicians to help him. It took very little time to begin treatment from the moment I was referred (3 weeks), which was a big relief at time of crisis and can be hard to find in psychiatry. He took the time to answer my inquiries about the treatment and about depression and was always extremely polite and helpful. I can definetely say that I am now a lot more functional then when I first walked into his clinic and for that I am very thankful. I would recommend him without hesitation.

flag | Submitted July 29, 2014

Dr Theo is generous and a kind person.He listens to his patients and you leave the office with good feeling.

flag | Submitted May 29, 2013

This is a review of Kolivakis the younger (his father is a psychiatrist as well and may be better). The son might be OK if you are one of the "worried well." He is the wrong choice if your relative has a psychotic disorder. He is completely unavailable in a crisis. He didn't call back doctors who needed to reach him (like those in Emergency), he was not available to adjust meds even when the patient was relapsing, and he wouldn't call even when the person was being held by police. So if crises/relapses are part of your illness, find another doctor.

Submitted May 18, 2013

My husband had some very bad experiences with psyciatrists. When our family doctor recommended Dr. Kolivakis, he did not want to go at first, but then decided to give him a try. He has been seeing him for 6 years now and his compassion, knowledge, and caring have had a wonderful effect on my husband. When I had my nervous breakdown, last Fall, he did not hesitate to take me as a patient and has been a true blessing to both my husband and I. Thank you so much Dr. K. May God bless you.

flag | Submitted July 6, 2012

I saw Theo for about a year when he first graduated from medical school. He helped me tremendously and I still use the tools he taught me to this day. I highly recommend him.Thanks Theo.

flag | Submitted December 27, 2011

I love this doctor!! He is incredible!! He is kind and caring and has helped me tremendously!! Very knowledgable just an incredible doctor!! I definitely recommend him!!!

flag | Submitted June 26, 2011

Love him! He helped me tremendously! He is a class act and is very personable

flag | Submitted April 24, 2011

What kind of doctor makes their psychiatric patient wait for hours when they have a regularly scheduled appointment? I expect this from a general practitioner more than a doctor who deals with the mentally ill!

Submitted August 11, 2010