Ratings for Dr. Lisa J. Kirk

I went through Dr Kirk's "complete physical" in January 2016. I had follow-up appointments that were handled by the physicians assistant, who herself went over all the test results and perscribed medications. Dr Kirk's office billed my insurance company over $14,000 for the exam. I was never seen by Dr Kirk, I am still very ill, with Addison's and Hashimoto's disease. I have no confidence in Dr Kirk, and wonder if her practices are even legal.

flag | Submitted November 28, 2016

I sooo wanted to like this office. Unfortunately, I didnt. I spent a lot of money and had little to no follow through on all of the testing. I was shuffled around a lot in all four appointments I had with her and I practically had to demand that I been seen my her and not her physicians assistant who I did not care for ( I felt like I was a number to her and she was t taking my complaints seriously.) getting prescriptions was a mess and call backs was even messier. They rary knew what they were calling me for even though they should have. Personally I think the dr. Is doing too many things and/or has too many patients to really manage my health. My husband also tried her out and did the Heartwise testing. He had the exact problems I did--but some worse. Evidently during his follow up appointment where they discussed all his labs both the physicians assistant and dr. Kirk ? He saw her for 5 minutes) failed to tell him he was borderline diabetic. Instead her staff gave him a referal ?that he requested) for a nutritionist and the nutritionist looked at the labs and told him. This should t have happened. If you actually need your health managed don't go here.

flag | Submitted December 23, 2014

I've never been to a doctor before who tries to sell you your entire visit from check in to check out. All she cares about is how much money she can make off you instead of treating you. I heard this from several friends throughout the community but figured I would give her a go and I now see what they meant. Will not be back.

flag | Submitted August 13, 2014

DR. KIRK IS A NICE PERSON BUT AS A DOCTOR I WOULD NOT RATE HER HIGH AT ALL. I MAINLY SAW HER PHYSICIAN'S ASSISTANT. I WENT TO HER FOR YEARS AND IT WASN'T UNTIL THE LAST YEAR I WENT TO HER THAT SHE ACTUALLY STARTED TO KNOW WHO I WAS AND THAT'S ONLY BECAUSE I WAS IN THERE SO MUCH DURING SUCH A SHORT PERIOD OF TIME. SHE NEVER DIAGNOSED WHAT WAS WRONG WITH MY LEGS. SHE WOULD JUST LOOK AT THEM AND SHRUG HER SHOULDERS. SHE NEVER ORDERED ANY TESTS OR ANYTHING FOR THEM. I REALLY DON'T THINK SHE IS THAT INTERESTED IN BEING A DOCTOR. SHE SHOULD REALLY FIND ANOTHER CAREER.

flag | Submitted July 2, 2014

She ignores symptoms and is in a big hurry to get out of the treatment room. Calls are not returned in a timely fashion. Normally, we had to wait 45 minutes to an hour each appointment. She misses obvious illnesses such as diabetes. I really think that had I continue to see her, my life would have been at stake.

flag | Submitted August 17, 2011

She can be helpful and is knowledgeable but hound her about what she prescribes. She likes to order name brand Rx and does NOT protect your budget. She once gave me a $40 Rx for a cough suppressant that turned out to have the same active ingredients and dosage as a $7 over the counter bottle of Dylsum. I was not amused. My kid saw her today and the multiple meds for a cold came to $65. Please note that these prices are co-pays with Rx insurance. God help you if you pay cash out of pocket.

flag | Submitted August 20, 2009

I was very please with Dr. Kirk. Dr. Kirk is extremely professional, caring, kind, knowledgeable and experience. With her busy schedule her staff will make sure all calls are returned promptly.

flag | Submitted January 7, 2009

Dr. Kirk is very knowledgeable and helpful.

flag | Submitted December 3, 2008

Dr. Lisa J. Kirk's Credentials

• University Of North Texas Health Science Center At Fort Worth (Grad. 1996)

Amerigroup