Ratings for Dr. Sleem Feroze

I have been a patient for 36 years. Dr Feroze is extremely knowledgeable and professional. Always direct and well informed. Have referred many of my friends who feel the same.

flag | Submitted August 15, 2017

He is a good doctor and has been monitoring me. I love his service, he is straight to the point and knowledgeable. With internet accessibility everyone thinks they know medicine. No need to be bashing the guy. You don't become a doctor overnight. We all have a choice to change doctors - free will

flag | Submitted July 21, 2017

I cannot believe all the negative reviews about this caring kind gynaecologist. I have been going to him for years due to problems from a hysterectomy. He is always punctual knowledgeable and understanding of my ongoing problems. I have always received excellent menopausal care and would highly recommend him for anyone with similar problems

flag | Submitted June 26, 2017

NEVER GO TO THIS DOCTOR. Serious malpractice and dismissing patient hygiene! He was to put an IUD in me. He was extremely rude and arrogant. He made me feel like I was a child who didn't know anything. Like I had insulted him. He brought the old style steel instruments with his bare hands (without gloves, not on a tray) to the room. I don’t know if they were even sterilized before. Then he did the procedure WITHOUT gloves using the instruments he had brought into the room in his hands. There could be some serious implications. I can not believe that this man is a practicing medical doctor still and Ontario Health is letting him practice medicine here in Canada. I am never going to see this doctor again. I hope no woman needs to go to this doctor.

flag | Submitted March 8, 2017

He is rude, disrespectful and nothing what a good doctor should be like. He was so condescending right from the beginning. Instead of making his patients feel comfortable , he makes them feel vulnerable. He made me feel like as if I am responsible for my medical issues, how sick is that. He got offended when I asked him a 2nd question related to my illness. On top he was using difficult medical terms through out, which obviously a person without a medical background can't understand. Do yourself a favor and NEVER waste a second going to this horrible man.

flag | Submitted February 2, 2017

Dr. Firoz is a terrible dr. Never ever go there......As all others said he is too rude and I don't think he have much knowledge. I went to him for my daughter. She is extremely low in iron and is very anemic, due to heavy periods. The first thing he recommend is birth control pills. And told us that i am giving her this medicine to stop he periods for 3 months. Come-on you are a dr. You have to consider her age and side effects of the treatment. She is just 20 yrs old, her fun life is ahead of her. She need to have kids. But when I tried to discuss this to him that is it going to effect her future life in terms of, it will be difficult to have kids in future. He shut me down and told me "Ma'am just trust me, I know what i am doing" which i really doubt... But after 2 and half month she got the periods and they are tooooo heavy and extremely painful.. going on for 14 days now... Which she is not supposed to have...When we went to him again and told him he was shocked but said. I don't know what to do now. I think i should double her dose of birth control... Come-on... are you insane... he was asking me what you want to do. Then we went to our family dr. and one other dr. and first this other dr. asked me that have you got her hormone checked.I said no and she was so shock that how can any Dr. (specialist) Start a very-2 strong treatment without even knowing her hormonal condition. Good that I want to other dr. and saved my daughter's life and future.

flag | Submitted November 3, 2016

I moved from WP to Oakville when I was 8 months pregnant and was referred to him because no other OBGYN was available. Dr. Feroze was the worst physician I had ever met but I was stuck with him. He shouldn't be allowed to practice medicine! Lucky for me he wasn't on call the night I gave birth. It will be 17 years ago in October and I've never forgotten my experience. Please be careful, if you have an opportunity to see someone else, do it!

flag | Submitted September 16, 2016

During my early 20's, Dr. Feroze was my first gyn and he was absolutely horrific. I saw him a handful of times over the period of 1 year, of which he performed procedures 3 times. He kept a diagnosis from me for almost 1 year, which I now know was unethical, and should've have been followed up with within 6 weeks (as per my new gyn & a family physician). The procedures were sometimes painful and his response was "that has nothing to do with me!". Furthermore, when I asked his staff about keeping a diagnosis, they did not have a direct response other than "sometimes he does that". He would not say the name of the procedure or tell me the results. I would be very careful, especially young girls and other vulnerable populations who may not understand what is going on, about going to Dr. Feroze. He easily shuns your questions, cuts the conversation and preforms procedures that you may not understand, but think is necessary. I have read other posts on here, and can unfortunately relate to many of the negative ones. It is dangerous to keep a diagnosis from a patient, and even more dangerous to ignore the necessary follow up that is listed on the report. I now have a new gyn, and spoke to others physicians about his decisions and they have all come to this same conclusion that he made many poor decisions. On top of it all, he can be very belittling, so that your questions are not answered clearly, or you feel scared to continue to ask, and you leave with more anxiety than you initially came in with. Please be cautious when dealing with him, for your own health, safety and well-being.

flag | Submitted September 15, 2016

I went in to this appointment extremely nervous, as I never had to see a specialist before. For the beginning, this doctor was horrible. he was extremely rude and his demeanour made it seem like I was wasting his time, as he didn't care to answer my questions. I left the appointment feeling more uneasy. I recommend that no one ever see this doctor.

flag | Submitted July 21, 2016

I met Dr. Feroze at the AppleTree Medical Group clinic in Etobicoke across from the Sherway Gardens, so I can't speak about the staff working in his own clinic in Oakville, where he told me was based out of. Furthermore, I only met him once, this morning of June 23, 2016, and I plan on never seeing him again. Because I only saw him once, i can't speak to his knowledge skills, although he did seem fairly confident in his assessment and diagnosis. But as most others have commented, his bedside manner and people skills are horrendous, and for that alone I will never return to him. He was aloof, abrupt, cut me off, rude, condescending, barely answered my questions (to his defense, he wasn't sure what exactly the problem was, but he did have a few theories, none of which he seemed eager to explain or discuss with me so i could better understand what was going on), and pretty much called one of my questions a waste of time (I had asked him a question to which I quipped upon his reply that I had a thought that was what the problem was as well; his reply to that was that asking a question to which I already know the answer to is a waste of time). Finally, Dr. Feroze gave me a prescription of an anti-itch cream that he insisted needed to be mixed by a pharamacist at a compounding pharmacy, thus making it even harder for me get my hands on said cream since not all pharmacies do that. The pharmacy next door to the clinic did not have it and said her wholesaler did not sell it, either. I called a few other pharmacies but none had it on hand. When I went back to the clinic to ask him for an alternative, he said this was the best and if there was an alternative he would have given it to me in the beginning. Since this is just an anti-itch cream, I don't understand why he ddin't just prescribe something over the counter - but what do I know, he didn't bother explaining what I have or why this specific cream was required instead of something easier to find. It is easy enough to read a few books and pass a bunch of tests if you have the interest and focus and dedication (and money) to become a dr. But being a dr is so much more than a diploma and/or masters; it is also about friendliness and attitude and warmth and empathy, none of which this dr exhibited. Go find someone else! I left feeling extremely pissed off at the way he treated me, and I still don't know what I have or what he saw down there.

flag | Submitted June 23, 2016