Ratings for Dr. Laura E. Conley

If anyone knows if Dr.Conley is still practicing please leave a comment here. I want to get out of UCLA office now that's she's gone!

flag | Submitted November 23, 2014

Dr. Conley is one of the best doctors I have ever had. It saddens me when people write such horrible reviews about her based on her staff or her inability to return phone calls or even the wait time. Yes her staff needs extra help. Yes she doesn't return phone calls, but if you ask for something she will do everything in her power to get it done. Yes the wait time is ridiculous, but she gives each of her patients extra time to make sure they understand what she is saying and all the medical terminology. The UCLA system is very hard to understand, and I have seen Dr. Conley frustrated with it as well. She is the best doctor I would recommend her to anyone and everyone. Sadly she is on medical leave until December. I really love her and miss her a lot.

flag | Submitted July 18, 2014

Dr. Conley is the BEST!!! She sees my parents, 2 of my sisters and my brother. We all love her! What she ha done for our family is just out of his world. Completely over and above the call of duty, getting on the phone multiple times with our insurance to get home health covered for our aging parents. Several of my friends and my sister's coworkers are also her patients, and they all love her! Highly recommend!

flag | Submitted February 10, 2014

This doctor is horrible, very inexperienced and doesn't return calls or requests in a timely manner. The wait to see her was very long, the visit was very quick and the follow up never did come through after 5 attempt.I'd recommend not visiting this doctor if you want a good doctor for your health concerns, she appears to have too many patients and is very arrogant.

flag | Submitted November 2, 2011

Good, but not great doctor. I will not be going back to this doctor. Not because of her in particular, but because UCLA charges an absurd amount just to see any of their doctors. My wife and I went to see Dr Conley for an annual physical and had to pay almost $400 each because UCLA considers this to be an extension of their hospital. We have great insurance, but this fee is not covered at all by most insurance plans. They never told us this when booking the appointments or when came in. While Dr Conley seems like a capable doctor, there are doctors that are equally capable without having to pay a land fee. Do not recommend UCLA Medical Groups!

flag | Submitted September 30, 2011

My appointment with Dr Conley was of an urgent last minute nature, but her staff members were able to schedule me in at the end of the next day which was super convenient. Dr Conley's bedside manner was excellent in that she thoroughly explained the most likely causes of my problem (as well as a couple of the less likely), the next steps, and then went on to the procedure. She actually took some time to numb the affected area before working on it (whereas another Dr I visited afterwards for a follow up just went painfully right to the procedure). Her and her staff's follow up with the test results were excellent and every question I had was thoroughly answered. Overall, I am extremely satisfied to have Dr Conley as my primary care physician and I would highly recommend her to anyone.

flag | Submitted August 11, 2011

Great doctor, enthusiastic, great bedside manner, knowledgeable, super nice and genuinely interested in helping you. I have never had a doctor I have felt so happy and comfortable with in my life and I have gone through alot of doctors. You can feel 100% comfortable telling her anything that is going on with your body. I would recommend her to anyone. My husband changed doctors and now see's Dr. Conley and loves her as well. The only bad side is that the office overbooks her, which in turn, makes her late to your appt anywhere from a few minutes to an hour. Just don't book your appt during your lunch hour and bring a magazine or music. Better to have a good doctor that listens than the usual doctor that practically starts a stopwatch and gives you 5 minutes to start talking...GO!

flag | Submitted August 6, 2011

She is never on time. I finally scheduled an appointment at the start of her day and she was 20 minutes late getting in. She never returns calls. Once we called 4 days straight with no response. I found her to be insincere. She also relayed medical observations to my wife without my permission. I didn't care that my wife knew about it but her assuming was a violation of HIPA. We changed doctors and happily drive 30 minutes rather than have to use her services.

flag | Submitted July 31, 2011

Dr. Conley is wonderful but at the same time she can make you wait a long time and does not return calls promptly. I think she is overworked and does not do it deliberatley. I had an appt. with her once at 9:45 am. By 12:15 I had not seen her yet. I ended up leaving and to this day, almost a week later, have not made contact with her. HOWEVER, I lover her personality and her eagerness to help you.She listens, is friendly, caring and makes you feel comfortable. When she is on call at night I have found her to be prompt at calling back and calling in perscriptions. I like her so much I am willing to put up with her tardiness. I've come to expect it and feel it is a small price to pay to have dr. you feel comfortable with, unlike some of these stuffy old men with no bedside manner. Dr. Conley has always made me well and has always been pleasant. Yes, she makes you wait but most HMO dr's do. The grass is not always greener so I'm sticking with Dr. Conley.

flag | Submitted June 23, 2011

Can't follow through with patients. she will not return phone calls and the office is worse. I had even complained about them not returning phones calls and that did nothing. Her communication skills are just awful there are other doctors in this area that are a lot better. If you want a doctor that cares about your health you will not go to UCLA

flag | Submitted April 6, 2011

Dr. Laura E. Conley's Credentials

• University Of California, San Diego School Of Medicine (Grad. 2005)