Ratings for Dr. E Kudrym

Please stay away from this "doctor". He was very late to an appointment (20 mins). He brushed aside the fact that I was suicidal. His big advice on being unable to get out of bed in the morning due to depression was "no one is going to gently wake you in the morning so just deal with it" basically telling me I need to snap out of it. Then at the end he suggested I probably don't need psychiatric help. It felt more like "motivational" crap you'd get at work than medical help. He basically ignored all psychiatric issues I have and focused more on general "life advice". He even said at one point "this might sound cruel but...". And yes it was cruel! More damage than good.

flag | Submitted March 27, 2012

referred by my g.p. saw him twice and missed the 3rd appointment as i was feeling much better. About 8months later i felt like i needed to talk again and called the receptionist and explained I'll pay whatever fees associated with missing my last appointment and to set something up at the earliest convenience, The receptionist explained that since i missed my last appointment "Im not welcome back and need to find a new therapist" I thought it was ridiculous. What if i was suicidal? (which im not) Or really wanted to talk (which i do) ...at the end of the day; no big loss as Dr Kudrym would actually argue with me about my beliefs and hopes for the future. You're better off talking to strangers in an online chatroom.

flag | Submitted December 12, 2011

I recently was refered to this doctor from my family dr and CAMH......I can honestly say it was a complete waste of time. I suffer from severe depression and post traumatic stress syndrome. He basically told me to get on with my life to get over it. He seemed more intersted in my smoking and concentrated on that issue then the problems I have. The session ended with I can't help you and to move on with your life. The college of physicans will be hearing from me on this guy.....Do not see this DR.....he is a waste of time and should not be allowed to practice pyschotherapy!! I left feeling worse than I already feel.

flag | Submitted November 18, 2011

flag | Submitted February 11, 2011

He referred to my suicide attempt as "then you pulled that stunt." I was shocked, actually, and felt very disrespected and misunderstood.

flag | Submitted October 22, 2009

I was unable to even book an appointment. I called to inquire if the doctor was a practicing psychotherapist as well as an MD. His administrator gave me his name and then asked me "what else do you want to know, his wieght, his birth certificate and then told me to make an appointment somewhere else". All I asked was the man's name. This was a disgusting experience.

flag | Submitted October 20, 2009

I would strongly NOT recommend, I repeat - NOT - recommend this doctor to anyone who needs significant in-depth counselling. In our one and only meeting, after he asked me some very basic questions and gathered very little background information, he proceeded to dispense very broad and sweeping advice that was intended to help me address my issues. Within 15 minutes he made some broad presumptions and analogies regarding my situation, then gave me the kind of general and basic advice that I had already considered on my own. He did not address my expressed state of mind, yet dispensed "words of wisdom", and acted as though the matter had been adequately dealt with and there was nothing further to it. His treatment left me more demoralized, only now feeling misunderstood and unheard as well. I find this to be an inappropriate result for any form of counselling, far worse when dealing with an already fragile psyche.

flag | Submitted September 2, 2009

Stay away. With the Psychotherapy & Counseling Centre on Bloor W in Toronto. Seems suspect. HIs 'style' came across as flippant and condescending. Asked if he was a Psychiatrist, Kudrym became almost paranoid. Said he was an MD and was qualified to do what he was doing. Would not say what training he did or did not have beyond that. Then he actually said "Sticks and stones may break my bones but names will not break bones" (sic). He was over 20 min late for the appt., and made not apologies or even references to that. I said that I felt a little disrespected by that he said he didn't have to tell me anything. I said that seemed a little arrogant to me. He then picked up the phone and called the guy (owner) at reception and said I would be leaving now. The owner asked "do you pay anything to come here?" and I was escorted out. It was odd and to a degree frightening that these guys are operating a clinic and 'treating' patients with real problems. He has an MD from Poland in '68.

flag | Submitted December 2, 2008