Ratings for Dr. Richard Waldman

When Dr. Powell retired, I switched to Waldman's who was part of the same practice but not in the building with Dr. Powell. Whoever wrote he needs to retire, you are right. He is not nearly as thorough as Dr. Powell and neglected to do a PAP Smear because he didn't feel it was necessary since I had a hysterectomy. I know that sounds odd, but after having a few which were abnormal prior to surgery, Dr. powell error end on the side of caution. I recently saw him for a UTI or Bladder Infection. He prescribed a 7 day course of an antibiotic I never had before and it made me sick. While still in the office, he asked if I had any questions and I did about the medication he prescribed for an over active bladder . He told me that this appointment was not about that and that I Jody have to. Make another appointment. He added the side affects I was having we're common and most women just "suck it up." He did manage to have time to do a pelvic exam which I felt was completely un-necessary for a UTI or Bladder Infection. I have never seen a doctor who couldn't take the time to answer a question when he solicited for any I might have. His comments were rude, he wants nothing more than for you to make multiple appointments for each individual problem or question you may have. Way to work the insurance angle. To bad he didn't retire and Dr. Powell was still practicing. Needless to say, I am searching for his replacement.

flag | Submitted July 12, 2017

I have been with Dr. Waldman for close to 20 years. He has a great bed-side manner and is very knowledgeable. He has helped me through a few medical issues smoothly and without complication, which I am grateful for. I am relocating from the Syracuse area and am hopeful that I can find find a doctor with similar qualities. This is a great practice, which I am sorry to have to leave!

flag | Submitted October 14, 2014

I been going to Dr waldman for about 5 yrs. ive been through alot in these 5 yrs, with several surgeries and multiple problems. he is a very knowledeable, smart, nice, confident dr, decent bedside manner Things i dislike about him is he is always very rushed, at times he has started to walk out of the room before i can get any questions answered, he has been in practice for a very long time so he so he DOES NOT like to be questioned about anything he feels, he was actually wrong about a couple things and will absolutely not acknowledge the fact. he can come of cocky and rude at times, im sure its not intentional but it can be frustrating. I also see Dr Bowen who i absolutely love and would highly recommend

flag | Submitted October 11, 2013

Dr Waldman is wonderful I've been seeing him since I was 16, I'm now 22 with a 7 month old. I was weary about seeing a male gynecologist but he has always made me feel very comfortable and I agree with the comment of father-like. He is a wonderful knowledgable doctor and is definitely in the right profession. I would rather see him than my physician any day! Some, but not most, of the staff are not personable, and sometimes I would wait in the office a little longer than I wished but all in all Assc. for Women's Medicine is a fantastic respectable practice!

flag | Submitted October 7, 2010

Dr. Waldman delivered my first child last year. He was great! I have to admit, the first time I met Dr. Waldman, I was unsure if I liked him, but I have to say that when I went into labor, he was the doctor on duty and he did a fantastic job. I was glad he was there to deliver our baby. I have seen him several times in the office since then and like him best out of all the other doctors in the practice. He is warm and friendly and takes time to answer questions. I hope he is on call when I have my second baby next month.

flag | Submitted May 2, 2009

Dr. Waldman was not my regular doctor, Dr. Larussa was. I had to see him when I was pregnant and rotating to see all the doctors on staff. He is a loving and warm doctor, all the doctors on his staff are amazing. He answered all questions, explained things to me because I don't have a medical background and was scared when I was pregnant. He is very warm, almost father-like! I liked dealing with him. This group of physicians makes you feel special and cared for. He respected that I come from a different culture and made sure not to offend me in any way. Overall I felt respected and all my questions were answered. Even when I freaked out about the simplest thing I would call and get a prompt answer. In fact I saw Dr. Waldman when I called because I thought the baby is not moving and my regular Dr. was delivering a baby and he acknowledged my fears, hooked me on monitors and assured me the baby was ok. This Dr. and his staff are the best..

flag | Submitted August 14, 2007

This doctor should seriously consider retiring. He is rude, obnoxious, and condensending. I am 8-1/2 months pregnant and I had to see him because my regular doctor was unavailable. He made me feel ignorant and stupid. He asked me if I had any questions and when I said yes and proceeded to ask him, he just laughed at me and told me that it was all in my head. This is my first pregnancy and I don't have any idea about some of the legitimate questions I asked but all he could do was laugh and walk away. He definitely needs an attitude adjustment. I will never recommend him to anyone!

flag | Submitted March 24, 2007

Dr. Richard Waldman's Credentials

• Umdnj-New Jersey Med Sch, Newark Nj 07103 (Grad. 1972)

Healthnet