Ratings for Dr. Steven R. Bayer

Amazing doctor, always made me feel very comfortable. Great personality going through a tough process.

flag | Submitted December 15, 2015

Well, I am so sad but do understand the disappointment you face. But I can say 25 years ago as a Dr. Bayer gave my husband and myself a less than 1% percent chance of ever having a child. He was at New England Medical Center then. I was referred to him from the emergency room as an expert to take my case. As I looked at him with emptiness and despair, he provided hope and said, "less than one percent is still a chance. There is still hope." He asked how far we were willing to go and took us as far as he could medically explaining sometimes the rest was up to what is really meant to be--sometimes we just have to accept that but not before we try everything. The decisions were always our own. He only present the options--pro and con. Scared and wanting children so badly, my husband and I put our faith in him. It took a while of treatment--and yes, many, many months (years)of disappointment. It was one test panel that unlocked the key for him--an anomaly with my thyroid. He probed and jostled and tested and researched for years to find out what could be the case of our infertility. And he found that as a possible cause not a certain one. He took a risk and started to implement treatments for our infertility. But one day, after five years of trying, and giving up all hope, I received a call that I was pregnant. He told me my pregnancy would be high risk and no guarantee I would carry to term. I delivered a full-term health, baby boy after months of bed rest. I went on to have two more children--two years later under treatment a little girl and spontaneously a little boy. So, I know the disappointment infertility brings and how angry we become at the world as women. But I don't know of a doctor who believes in what he does more than Steven R. Bayer. I would not have my family were it not for him. And as he explained, medicine can only do so much--the rest is up to our bodies and what is really meant to be. My husband and I are extremely grateful to him. And if he reads these things--no sure if he does he sees some good remarks in the midst of the negative. My only regret is that time passes so quickly. I would do it all again in a minute--anguish, fertility, morning sickness, 2am feedings and all of the running havoc motherhood brings. It goes too quickly. I would not have had any of it were it not for Dr. Bayer. I would go to no other doctor to have children--only Dr. Steven Bayer.

flag | Submitted May 28, 2015

I had the worst experience with dr. Bayer I was 38 when I went to see him he wasted 7 months of my time trying to sell me an egg donor and probe for fragile X.after months of not getting anywhere with him.we finally asked him what was going on and that we wanted to start ivf and try. He put me on medication for about 7 days which was not long enough. I only had two eggs and ended up with an ectopic pregnancy that he would not terminate. they kept telling me I was pregnant and my numbers were going up , but the ultrasound showed no sac, no baby.I was 8 weeks pregnant and that was having back pain. I ended up calling my OBGYN. I saw her and she said it was an ectopic pregnancy. DR.B refused to terminate the pregnancy wanted to give me a DNC, i asked what if the DNC didn't work he said we can remove your fallopian tube ,and then he said we can do egg donor.I made him terminate the pregnancy. I'm now seeing Dr.Vito Cardone in stonham. I've been very happy.Stay away from Dr Bayer!

flag | Submitted May 23, 2014

Before I first met Dr Bayer I was hopeful that he was going to help my husband and I conceive. However, I found his bedside manner dismissive and condescending. Whenever we tried to ask a question he would interrupt before I was even finished asking it and then answered a totally different question! At first he came off as nice but it was extremely overly forced. I got the feeling that he was hoping that something would come back in my tests so he could turn us away but when they came back that I was healthy he started "grasping at straws" to find an excuse not to treat us. Lastly, when one of my results showed a problem with my thyroid function he brushed off all my questions, and although he provided treatment for it, he left me feeling like there may be something more going on, and there was (got a 2nd opinion). It's impossible to please everyone but I definitely felt more like a number than a person when dealing with him and we will be finding another Dr. because of this.

flag | Submitted March 14, 2013

Very unprofessional doctor and receptionist! AVOID!

flag | Submitted August 24, 2011

Great doctor. He made me feel really confortbale talking about a difficult situation.

flag | Submitted August 2, 2010

flag | Submitted November 30, 2008

Dr. Steven R. Bayer's Credentials

• Oh State Univ Coll Of Med, Columbus Oh 43210 (Grad. 1981)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal