Ratings for Dr. Suzette E. Sutherland

I was referred to this doctor by my family doctor. She did surgery on me with mesh and I had major complications. I went back after the surgery and she was rude to me. I had to have another major surgery to remove the mesh and fix what she had done wrong.

flag | Submitted January 27, 2014

The worst doctor I have ever encountered. I went to her for one thing and she told me that I needed surgery for several problems. She told me that she could solve my problems by putting in something that would last forever, unlike older type surgeries. She was very convincing. After the surgery I had major problems. She was rude to me and she wanted to fix it with more surgery, so I went for another opinion. I found out that she had surgically implanted a product that was recently put on the market. It had "grandfathered" approval by the FDA, which means that they approved it because it had been used in other areas of the body, with few problems. This product now has a black box warning by the FDA. Dr. Sutherland was using a product that had very little testing and was using her patients as guinea pigs. I had to find another doctor who was willing to do very difficult surgery to remove this product. I went to 6 doctors before I found someone who was willing and able to do it.

flag | Submitted August 1, 2011

I thought she was very helpful until after a procedure that she did on me where I had some problems post procedure. I felt little empathy for my pain and issues, just said wait and see. There was no followup suggested if things didn't improve.

flag | Submitted December 21, 2009

A very good doctor who trained at a very well known medical school. Is "with the times" in terms of procedures she does. Very happy with the results.

flag | Submitted January 14, 2009

Dr. Suzette E. Sutherland's Credentials

• Case Western Reserve University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1997)

Fidelis Care