Dr. Herbert Veisman

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Herbert Veisman

When you read the stellar reviews that Dr Veisman gets it is hard to believe. But then there’s me, coming in to see Dr Veisman in one of the worse situations possible: No teeth and complete loss of bone on the upper and lower jaws. Yes, pretty much hopeless, how do I feed myself? I called and got and appointment to see Dr Veisman within a few days. He assessed the situation and explained the bone graft and implant procedures followed by a cost estimate and time frame for the entire treatment. Discussion was open and straight forward, no gray areas, all questions answered clearly. I enrolled and followed the treatment including bone grafting and 2 surgeries for a total of 14 implants on the upper and lower jaws. There was a 3 month healing period between the surgeries. Little pain way less than what I was expecting. In the next phase I was referred to another excellent prosthodontist, Dr Daniel Isakow, who specializes in crowns and bridges and with whom Dr Veisman collaborated. I am now the end of a long but successful journey. Very happy to be able to smile, eat and talk again like a normal person. Throughout the entire process I was treated with special care and professionalism by Dr Veisman and his team. I don’t know how my situation is considered in medical terms but I do think it was extreme so I can safely say that Dr Veisman and his team gave me my life back. I’m forever grateful. Thank you Mihai Costea, Newmarket, ON

flag | Submitted December 18, 2018

Excellent dentist with professional, welcoming staff.

flag | Submitted January 16, 2019

I have been a patient of Dr. Veisman's for 15 years and all I can say he is one of the best periodontist. He knows his stuff and his staff is very helpful and accommodating. I recommend him to anyone!

flag | Submitted January 14, 2019

Recently started seeing Dr V and I just love this doc. He’s so caring and patient, especially with me, someone with a dental fear/phobia. He’s just terrific!

flag | Submitted January 8, 2019

Dr V rebuilt my entire mouth. I came to him 8 months ago with broken down and decayed teeth and he took them out, rebuilt my bone, and then placed 12 implants (six on top and six on bottom). I then went to Dr Isakow for final crowns and bridges and I’m done. Never felt better. Never looked better. Everyone says I look 20 years younger. I can eat and do whatever I want. I love the new me! Thanks doc!

flag | Submitted December 14, 2018

For someone who’s had horrible experiences at the dentist, this doc is a breath of fresh air. Very efficient office. Dr V knows how to hire A+ staff.

flag | Submitted December 9, 2018

Dr V did an implant so fast on me I didn’t even realize he started and finished. I was out “cold”, didn’t feel a thing, didn’t know anything was happening around me and best of all, don’t remember anything. That’s a first class job. Would do it again the same way if I had to. Awesome!

flag | Submitted December 6, 2018

Impressive surgeon. Has the most up to date equipment, phenomenal team of professionals around him, gorgeous physical plant/office, and experienced/gentle hands. Well worth the wait to see him. Amazing!

flag | Submitted November 30, 2018

By far the best dentist/surgeon I've seen yet (seen many, I'm 60 y old). Very well organised office, flexible with scheduling/rescheduling/urgency of appointments, great staff, knowledgeable, respectful, the whole appointment&procedures are efficiently structured. Good use of latest technologies/diagnostic equipment/devices. Dr. Herbert Veisman himself is very thorough, kind and accommodating. Listens and explains really well, he's patient but efficient. The whole procedure was flawless, after 2+ y I'm very happy with the implant. Dr. Veisman is a very good surgeon - I can tell, I got 6 implants, and my previous surgeon was Dr. Birek, also a very good surgeon, but I was not happy with his office. The follow-up for the implant was well organised, too: the temporary denture (right away), check-ups, the crown on top of implant, etc..

flag | Submitted November 30, 2018

Terrific surgeon. What can I say? The best! Did a lot of implants with him. Not a lot of pain either in my mouth or in the pocket book.

flag | Submitted November 26, 2018

Dr. Herbert Veisman's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

After obtaining a B.Sc. degree from the University of Toronto, Dr. Herbert Veisman received his D.D.S. from the University of Western Ontario. He completed a general practice residency program at McGill University's Montreal General Hospital, then continued training at Columbia University in New York City, where he earned a specialty certificate in periodontics and implant surgery. His high standing won him the Melvin Morris Award for excellence in postgraduate clinical periodontics. Dr. Veisman has maintained a position as a clinical instructor in the Department of Periodontics at the University of Toronto and adjust professor and guest lecturer at the University of Western Ontario. In addition, he maintains a full-time private practice with special interest in bone regeneration, implant dentistry, and is founder of PerioShare CE, a continuing education workshop for general dentists. As well as being certified by the American Board of Periodontology, Dr. Veisman is a Fellow and past-Examiner of the Royal College of Dentists of Canada, a member of the Academy of Osseointegration, the Canadian Academy of Periodontology, the American Academy of Periodontology, and the Ontario Association for Dental Specialists. He is past-President of the Ontario Society of Periodontists and served on the executive of Alpha Omega dental fraternity. He has published numerous articles in international peer-reviewed journals.

• English
  • French
  • Romanian

• Columbia University (Grad. 1995)
  • University of Western Ontario (Grad. 1992)
  • University of Toronto (Grad. 1988)
  • McGill University (Grad. 1993)

• General anesthesia