Ratings for Dr. David L. Gould

I went to the ER and was diagnosed with kidney stones, Dr. Gould's nurse practitioner scheduled a bilateral surgery for two days later to remove stone in both kidneys. I get sent home with opioid pain medicine to wait for surgery. In pre-op I asked to meet Dr. Gould and the nurses and anesthesiologists couldn't find him anywhere. He had signed off something on my chart but had never met me. After the surgery he talked to my wife for about 30 seconds without introducing himself! She assumes it was him, a man in scrubs came up and said "He is out of surgery. It went well. They will call you back to recovery in a bit," and just walked away. Four days later (Monday) we are back in the ER and learn that bilateral surgery only took care of the left kidney and not only that - there is still at least one stone still in the left kidney. I get admitted into Observation. Dr. Gould's nurse practitioner talks to me again and says I will get put on the schedule for Thursday. Again, I get sent home with opioid pain medicine to wait for surgery. A day before the surgery I call to set up my pre-op appointment and I am not on the surgery schedule. Also, Dr. Gould is on vacation. Also, I can’t get on the surgery schedule for another 2 weeks!!! Also, I can’t legally drive on this medication so I cannot go into work. After being on pain meds for almost a month, this morning I walk in to pre-op check in a 5:30 am and guess what – Dr. Gould has called in sick. When his office opens up three hours later, they tell me maybe I can get in on Tuesday, maybe, which is another four days away. After the first surgery, which he didn’t take the time to finish I have to foot an additional ER stay, and Observation admission, been on opioids for almost a month, have to pay for a second surgery, and been out of work all because he couldn’t be bothered to finish the job in the first place.

flag | Submitted June 7, 2018

Very knowledgeable. Knows his stuff. Cleared my cancer. 100 percent. Picture perfect reconstruction. A few scare tissue follow ups. All good.

flag | Submitted January 25, 2018

His staff scheduled a surgical procedure on a day that he was not working. I never received a call from his office letting me know about the error. I only found out that my surgery was not on the schedule when I went to the hospital for pre-op tests. When I called his office about this, I was given no explanation or apology, I was just asked when I wanted to reschedule. The day before my surgical procedure, his office called to tell me that I had to prepay for the procedure even though it was covered by my insurance. Even after receiving my prepayment and subsequent insurance payment, I continued to receive bills. After my surgery, I requested a non narcotic pain reliever. I had to wait a day for him to write this routine order. While he may be very skilled and knowledgeable in his field, his interpersonal skills are lacking. It was very difficult to get information from the doctor or his staff prior to and immediately after my surgery.

flag | Submitted December 12, 2016

He's a nut job, only wants money, doesn't care about patient at all...

flag | Submitted July 23, 2016

flag | Submitted August 12, 2014

after donor transplant surgery, never saw him again while in hospital even though I requested him because of intense swelling and pain, he sent nurse praticioner and she discharged me. Said I was fine. Saw him for follow up two days later and he said I was fine, just fluid buildup, so I then went to emergency room and I had a massive hernia on inside muscles with intestines bulging out and compacted, claims it was not his fault... Must have done it after I saw him and tore muscles. Had another surgeon stitch me back up correctly.

flag | Submitted September 1, 2009

Very diffuclt to get additional questions answered after appointment

flag | Submitted November 27, 2008

Dr. David L. Gould's Credentials

• State University Of New York Health Science Center Of Syracuse (Grad. 1988)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal