Ratings for Dr. Richard Begg

His office destroyed my teeth. He is very busy so he does not see you in person. The exams and profesioanl concepts are made by his staff, dental hygienist, but you pay the price for a Doctor. They did not find my gum disease on time until it was too late. Doctor Begg, perhaps very skilled but he rarely saw me.

flag | Submitted March 31, 2017

Dr Begg, an excellent, dependable and knowledgeable dentist. He will not hang you with unnecessary and/or expensive procedures that are not really necessary. His dental work is first class.

flag | Submitted June 12, 2014

Dr. Begg has been my dentist for several years. He is a great dentist, however I was seen by one of his hygienist Heather at my last appointment. I have never had such a terrible experience in all the years that I have been going to him. First thing she asked me was what I used to clean my teeth, I was dumbfounded at such a remark. I didn't know how to answer such a degrading, humiliating question. Never will I been seen by this arrogant person. I can't believe Dr. Begg would hire such a person. All his other staff are amazing.

flag | Submitted February 3, 2014

great dentist! not sure which hygienist people here are referring to. mine does a fine job

flag | Submitted June 12, 2013

Dr. Begg is competent, polite, efficient, conservative in his treatments and my preferred dentist over decades. His hygienist is often discourteous and his receptionist condescending. I would recommend Dr. Begg to others.

flag | Submitted April 2, 2013

I have been a patient for over 30 years and have always found the office polite and effcient. Dr. Begg himself is very knowldgeable and is alaways patient with questions. He alaways takes the time to explain what he has found and waht he is going to do. I would highly rcommend this office.

flag | Submitted November 14, 2012

Dr. Begg was my dentist a while back for a few years. I come from a GHermany, where ALL dentists have, more or less, the same standards. As I was to find out in Ottawa at least, there do not seem to be any minimum standards a dentist has to adhere to. Dr. Begg inserted three artificial teeth into the left side of my mouth on the bottom section of my teeth. They all just fell out about a week ago and, as I would with anybody else, consider this a normal "wear and tear." I still have these teeth (I mean I have them in an envelope), and the excruciating pain was right back after the freezing had worn off. His prescription of the problem was "Trauma Control Smoothing Fractures Surface. . ." and here you have the ghist of my complaint because he did no such thing. He had a much better view of the proceedings than I did. What should have, in my NON-expert opinion, an easy routine thing, turned into a continuing nightmare. What recourse does an ill-treated patient have?

flag | Submitted July 10, 2012

Very helpful, knowledgeable, very conservative in terms of treatments. Did not go expensive ones unless it was absolutely necessary. He is very trust-worthy. Like him and will stay with him for a long time. I also like to recommend to any friend who needs to find a good dentist.

flag | Submitted March 15, 2012

great dentist:although ususally I get a call every 9 months for a cleaning ;havent heard from them in 2 years-maybe they don"t want me as a patient anymore?

flag | Submitted February 7, 2012

Dr. Begg is very friendly and knowledgeable. I assume his pricing is standard but is reasonable for someone without coverage (like me).

flag | Submitted September 6, 2011