Ratings for Dr. Julia A. Kovacs

Pros: Ease of scheduling. Clean facility with calming nature music. Cons: As a whole I felt that she did not focus on the initial reason for the visit, but took things in the direction that she wanted to. I would have liked to be tested for the issue that I reported first and then if needed other avenues could have been ventured.

flag | Submitted August 17, 2016

To those who complain about Dr. Kovacs staff, I want to say that although in the past it has been lacking, and I have been upset at times, things have vastly improved and her assistant has always been extremely competent and on the ball. But let's look at what is really important here. Dr. Kovacs is totally on top of her game. She is highly trained and experienced and has near perfect bedside manner with compassion. She is very approachable and down to earth and humble and level headed and calm and respectful and kind. But most of all she is a greatly skilled physician with a dedicated passion for her work. As far as I know, and I have been a patient of hers long before she left Greenbriar, she has unique qualities that we all need in our doctor. She has it all. Anyone who thinks they can find a better physician out there will be hard pressed in the long haul. These breeds of doctors are few and far between. Sp please ignore the small stuff and go for what counts. She is gold.

flag | Submitted September 10, 2013

Dr. Kovacs is knowledgeble and inquires about related health topics and is consciencous regarding preventive care which is essential. Also a board certified physician is a must. I have always found her staff appropriate.

flag | Submitted October 25, 2012

Great physician. Pity that her staff is surly, unpleasant, and none too helpful.

flag | Submitted October 22, 2012

Went to Dr. Kovacs for years and also left when she changed locations and her office staff was so totally incompetant. Too bad. She was a good dr.

flag | Submitted September 6, 2012

I don't know why I stayed with Dr. Kovacs when her staff, particularly the front desk, was so rude and unresponsive in the past -- probably because Dr. Kovacs herself is knowledgeable and helpful, when you are face to face with her. Her staff now is better than it was, but we'll see. I am concerned about the commenter who said Dr. Kovacs is hard to reach in an emergency.

flag | Submitted July 27, 2012

It's good to see that I was not alone in the reason I left Dr. Kovacs years ago. Her staff is incompetent or lazy, and, as the years went on, it became harder and harder to talk to Dr. Kovacs directly. So I couldn't get around the horrible staff. Dr. Kovacs had told a friend of mine one time that if it ever came to the point where she could not talk to her patients on the phone, she would want to quit being a doctor. Obviously, she made her peace with it, even quit even calling about test results. It's a shame. That is not how it was when I first started seeing her when she was at the clinic on Greenbriar.

flag | Submitted December 19, 2011

Awesome doctor...up to date on medical knowledge and proficient clinical reasoning. Her nurse is pretty cool and most of the office staff is okay. So why did I quit seeing her? It is (literally) impossible to make an appointment over the phone. I have had to go in person to make them (which requires me to pay parking). There is an automated phone system but no one picks up and you cannot leave messages. I finally found a new doctor because it was too frustrating in the long run to keep her as my dr.

flag | Submitted November 7, 2011

Big fan of Dr. Kovacs. I've recommended her to 5 different people and they all love her. She is very willing to talk with you and explain things. Very sharp; was able to diagnose a friend who was misdiagnosed by several other doctors. Her staff could be better, particularly over the phone.

flag | Submitted August 8, 2011

Dr. Kovacs' office policies and her staff risk her patients' health and life. She is almost non-accessible even in emergency situations. Getting any response to calls or emails even for much needed prescriptions takes several calls and repeated messages. When I was a few minutes late to an appointment because of car trouble, I was told by her staff that I could not see her unless I paid a $35 missed appointment fee, which I did not have and could not afford. I begged them to let me talk to her, and they refused and showed absolutely no concern for me despite how sick I was. I ended up in the hospital the next day and nearly died.

flag | Submitted July 5, 2011

Dr. Julia A. Kovacs's Credentials

• Univ Of Az Coll Of Med, Tucson Az 85724 (Grad. 1995)